6 months to finish a rtf
upstate ny
Joined Jun 2003
1,848 Posts
New Product
any link transmitter module

Hi saw this today

http://tx-ready.com/how-it-works.html

very instresting product ,the ad don't answer all the questions ?
pulsery2k1 is offline Find More Posts by pulsery2k1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2012, 07:58 PM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,417 Posts
What questions do you have?

The Tx module plugs into the trainer port. With it you can fly any Tactic Tx-Ready airplane or use compatible Rxs.
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2012, 08:22 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
It also works with the 3 channel surface receiver (or so I have been told).
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:07 AM
Florida
Joined Jul 2010
796 Posts
Does anyone have any idea if it works with JR DMSS? I don't see any reason why it wouldn't,but asking anyway.
destinbeachman is offline Find More Posts by destinbeachman
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:09 AM
United States, NC, Goldsboro
Joined Mar 2011
393 Posts
Well it's marketed as any 2.4gz TX so it should.
MyPonyRocks is offline Find More Posts by MyPonyRocks
Old Jan 20, 2012, 03:17 PM
6 months to finish a rtf
upstate ny
Joined Jun 2003
1,848 Posts
well I have both a Hitec Aurora 9 and a Spektrum dx7

I would like to use my Aurora 9 to fly all my models , the
ones using the Spektrum recivers are all smaller models
so if what they advertize is true ,I would be able to
use the hitec Aurora , which to me is a much nicer radio
then the Spektrum dx7 - the spektrum didn't include a
throttle lock in there programing

the ad just mentions being able to fly any bind and fly didn't mention
regular 2.4 recivers?
pulsery2k1 is offline Find More Posts by pulsery2k1
Old Jan 20, 2012, 04:19 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2006
5,759 Posts
The module uses ppm from the trainer socket(they have a cord for the Aurora9)and can control the Flyzone RTF receivers:
http://tx-ready.com/txr-airplanes.html
coriolan is offline Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:29 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsery2k1 View Post
well I have both a Hitec Aurora 9 and a Spektrum dx7

I would like to use my Aurora 9 to fly all my models , the
ones using the Spektrum recivers are all smaller models
so if what they advertize is true ,I would be able to
use the hitec Aurora
, which to me is a much nicer radio
then the Spektrum dx7 - the spektrum didn't include a
throttle lock in there programing

the ad just mentions being able to fly any bind and fly didn't mention
regular 2.4 recivers
?
That is NOT what it says. It says you can use your radio, if it is on the list, and this device connected to the trainer port to fly any plane with THEIR reciever, that Tactic receivers. THAT is what it says.

It can be used to fly BnF planes that have these TACTIC receivers, not spektrum receivers, not Futaba receivers, not JR receivers, Tactic receivers.

For example, this Tactic RTF model comes with a Tactic 2.4 Radio.
http://www.hobbico.com/airplanes/hcaa2505.html

If you had the AnyLink for your Futaba 9C you could use the 9C to fly this model.

Note that AnyLink has a range of 1,000 feet (307.7 meters), making it ideal for slow flyers, park fliers and other small electrics.

They also have their own Radio
http://www.tacticrc.com/tacj2404.html

The Anylink adapter costs about $25, about the same price as a Spektrum Module (once you account for the included receiver) but this seems to work with almost any radio.
http://2bfly.com/newsstand/product-r...x-r-interface/

This is like when Spektrum came out with the DX6 parkflyer radio system. Only these guys have a module that uses the trainer port of other radios rather than plug in modules like Spektrum makes for Futaba.

It appears to be a Hobbico product.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Last edited by aeajr; Jan 20, 2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:27 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinbeachman View Post
Does anyone have any idea if it works with JR DMSS? I don't see any reason why it wouldn't,but asking anyway.
It works with any transmitter that has a suitable trainer port (including radios on 35 or 72) as it simply turns off the RF section and provides its own 2.4 signal to its own receiver. If you had a modular radio, you could take the module out.

Understand that this device does not use any of the RF section of your radio, or your receiver. It does not overcome incompatibility of different 2.4 radios. It just does an end run around the whole issue by taking the place of the existing RF equipment.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:58 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Currently it does not turn the RF section of Futaba radios off, this is hopefully something they fix before shipping. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1573538 (page 3 or 4)
Old Jan 21, 2012, 04:27 AM
most exalted one
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Aug 2002
3,567 Posts
Anylink. A misnomer in my opinion. It links/binds to their receivers.

I'll use the homemade circuit(detail kindly shared on the 'net by designer) to link the A9 to Spektrum and/or XPS

I don't see any 1,000 foot range mentioned and glow is mentioned so I hope it's more than 1,000 feet.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Last edited by 4*60; Jan 21, 2012 at 04:34 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 07:47 AM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,454 Posts
I think the name implies it will link with any radio. Not quite true, but certainly more flexible than the traditional module systems.

There seem to be some contradictory listings about range. I saw one indicate 1000 feet. Another seems to say full range, but it does not say what that means.

Tower lists it at 1000 feet.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...LXBPKF&P=V

Just because a plane has a glow motor doesn't mean you will be flying beyond 1000 feet.

I have a 4 channel that came with an RTF on 72 MHZ. Teceiver was lousy. This might work on that radio.

Hummmm
Last edited by aeajr; Jan 21, 2012 at 08:04 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 08:49 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,493 Posts
Anylink doesn't link with any other radio.

Anylink will link any transmitter (that has the required trainer setup) with the Anylink/Tactic receiver. That's it. It has nothing to do with any other receivers. The receiver in the plane must be Anylink (or their own Tactic compatibles). Anylink does not cause anything to become compatible, it just replaces the RF section of the transmitter so the TX can drive an Anylink/Tactic receiver.

It's rather like removing the 72 module from an older radio and plugging in Spektrum. You then get to fly models using DSM2 receivers.

Anylink is a neat packaging of something we've been doing for years. There's nothing new about the technology. Quite a few people have gone to 2.4 using a hack module plugged into the trainer port.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Jan 21, 2012, 09:07 AM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
Anylink doesn't link with any other radio.

Anylink will link any transmitter (that has the required trainer setup) with the Anylink/Tactic receiver. That's it. It has nothing to do with any other receivers. The receiver in the plane must be Anylink (or their own Tactic compatibles). Anylink does not cause anything to become compatible, it just replaces the RF section of the transmitter so the TX can drive an Anylink/Tactic receiver.

It's rather like removing the 72 module from an older radio and plugging in Spektrum. You then get to fly models using DSM2 receivers.

Anylink is a neat packaging of something we've been doing for years. There's nothing new about the technology. Quite a few people have gone to 2.4 using a hack module plugged into the trainer port.
Let me extend some of what you said.

Yes, we have had modules in the past, replacing the RF stage in the transmitter to change frequency or even frequency bands. But you had to buy the specific module for that transmitter. Or you had to hack one that was not intended for your transmitter. No hacking required with Anylink.

The Spektum Module for My Futaba 9C won't work with a Futaba 14mz, an Airtronics Stylus or a JR 9303, for example. But this AnyLink module will work with any of those, and the only change I would need to make is a cheap cable.

So I could build a fleet of planes using these AnyLink receivers and fly them with many brands and models of radios using just the one module. Pretty cool.

You are still tied to the one line of receivers, Tactic/Anylink but at least you have reduced or eliminated transmitter brand lock-in. My Futaba FASST receivers will only work with Futaba FASST radios or Futaba radios with a FASST module. They won't work with any other brand, so I am locked in. And there are no FASST BnF type planes that I know of.

Spektrum gives me a little more flexibilty on the transmitters I can use with their receivers, but only with a couple more brands and I need multiple modules. But they do have some really great BnF offerings using these receivers.

Now Hobbico takes on HH/Spektrum for the mass market with a line of planes based on this system. These Transmitter Ready Planes, TX-R, are comparable in concept to the Horizon Hobby BnF. But you can fly them with a wide range of transmitters based on the one, universal module.

AND they are giving the transmitter module away FREE!!!!!

Spektrum charges $30 for their module (after deducting for the included receiver)
Futaba charges $120 for their 7 channel FASST module (after deducting for the receiver)
Hitec charges $75 for their JR module without a receiver and they don't even offer one for Futaba (odd) or Airtronics.

Limitations?

Only 6 channels as far as I have seen but that works for most planes.
Limited receiver selection but that will probably expand
Reliability is yet to be proven
Range seems to be a question, but it should be at least 1000 feet which is enough for a very wide variety of small to medium sized planes and may all many pilots will ever need.

So, yes, the concept is not new. The package IS new, when you take into consider the whole offering of universal module, transmitters AND TX-R planes. This is much broader and much more friendly than anything I have seen in the past. I like it!

Now we have to see how well it works.
Last edited by aeajr; Jan 21, 2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 04:24 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
If it is popular, I bet a couple other manufacturers change their modules to follow the same trend. With integrated radios becoming the norm, how else do you get those users buying your receivers and transmitter ready planes?