HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 14, 2012, 05:56 PM
Spain, Madrid, M
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Just wanted to give my feedback about the slipper clutch. I just love it, I'm trying to learn to flight in circles, and I crash a lot, and it's saving my tail gears. Before this I had to replace one of them every three crashes.

I ordered it from Spain and it crossed the ocean and got home in exactly one week. Super fast delivery.
alfmateos is offline Find More Posts by alfmateos
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2012, 06:53 PM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
335 Posts
I have it on my d02s... Amazing! Great idea Bob, thanks!
asp is online now Find More Posts by asp
Old May 23, 2012, 02:15 PM
Joined Jan 2012
24 Posts
How about for a Uflys

I have an M120D01 and a Uflys. Interestingly, I have not had trobule with the M120 but the Uflys is on its third or fourth shaft gear. I buy them three at a time and I even have a spare main gear and shaft just in case. WOW says it isn't a known problem but I have conversed with several others that have the Ufly, Uflys or Uflys Pro and they all have the same issue. In fact, the Pro owner stripped it with just motor torque on a manuver he was doing. No strick of any kind.

Dale
cds19502 is offline Find More Posts by cds19502
Old May 23, 2012, 07:34 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds19502 View Post
I have an M120D01 and a Uflys. Interestingly, I have not had trobule with the M120 but the Uflys is on its third or fourth shaft gear. I buy them three at a time and I even have a spare main gear and shaft just in case. WOW says it isn't a known problem but I have conversed with several others that have the Ufly, Uflys or Uflys Pro and they all have the same issue. In fact, the Pro owner stripped it with just motor torque on a manuver he was doing. No strick of any kind.

Dale
If the Ufly is the same physical size i'm sure you can swap out all the the gears and shaft, maybe the tail box too? I don't know anyting about the Ufly series. Sounds like a real pile so far though. I would not doubt if you can just swap out the v120d02s gears as many have done on the m120 and other 120 size variants. A slipper clutch, if bob makes one for that model would help but not if the gears just break under torque.

Correction! It probably would help them from breaking under torque, though your clutch might slip and loose tail authority.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old May 30, 2012, 02:15 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
I'm up at the cottage,, back home next week,,6/7/2012, will have more in stock ready to ship on the 8th...
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Jun 01, 2012, 08:28 PM
Joined May 2012
3 Posts
hi bob i am looking for two x2 slipper clutchs for the v200d03 can you make these? and if so how much ? thanks alot..
Hampter is offline Find More Posts by Hampter
Old Jun 01, 2012, 08:40 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampter View Post
hi bob i am looking for two x2 slipper clutchs for the v200d03 can you make these? and if so how much ? thanks alot..
I don't think bob had mastered a v200d03 slipper clutch yet. He's on vacation at the moment so he probably won't chime in for a little bit. But if your problem is stripping gears on the tail i can recommend another mod that is MUCH more expensive and requires tail setup know how also. You basically have to replace the whole tail box and tail drive gears out with the belt drive gears and tail from the 4f200. They use the same frame and bearing pieces for both helicopters. The belt drive system takes a little bit more of a beating than the gears at the expense of some loss of power and elasticity in the drive line. But over all, most people prefer belts i think.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Jun 09, 2012, 12:16 AM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampter View Post
I'm back,, Had to stay up there longer than planed. First time we both have been up there for 3 weeks. Gee this place is a mess knee high grass all the plants inside just about dead. We took the 5 chickens up with us and a bunch of their eggs. Came back with the 5 chickens and 9 baby chicks that hatched.

I don't have a V200D03 so I can't say if I can make one or not.. I'll need some pictures of the tail and the diameter of the tail shaft for starters. I might be able to come up with something for you to try.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:46 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2002
49 Posts
Shipping to Hong Kong ?

Hi Bob, wondering you would ship to Hong Kong ? Thanks.
GoElectric is offline Find More Posts by GoElectric
Old Jun 19, 2012, 09:02 AM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoElectric View Post
Hi Bob, wondering you would ship to Hong Kong ? Thanks.
Yes world wide shipping..
Old Jun 20, 2012, 04:30 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2002
49 Posts
Thanks Bob, please check email.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 08:27 AM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoElectric View Post
Thanks Bob, please check email.
I did but didn't see anything that looks like you sent it.. Give me a hint of what I'm looking for OK?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:16 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2002
49 Posts
I sent the order to the email address:

slipperclutch@mi.rr.com

and my email address:

sunxx2@hotmail.com (not showing xx here)

There might be a possibility it ends up in the "Junk" or "Spam" folder for some email programs.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:20 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2002
49 Posts
I also sent you a copy of the order via private message.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:39 PM
Joined May 2012
253 Posts
[QUOTE=GTstrudl;20514976]
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Slipper clutch instructions

1. Remove the tail rotor blades, and the hubs using one of the Allen wrenches that were in the D02S parts bag to removed the hub screws.. You can then pull the hubs off the tail shaft, no need to take the arms off the slider.. Now take the steering arm off the slider,, Holding the heli so itís hanging nose down with your left thumb nail pull up on the arm to get it off the ball as this happens with your other hand forefinger slide/pull/rotate the pin out of the fork..
QUOTE]

Do the first step very carefully. I have V120D01 which has exactly the same tail assembly as D02S. Couple days ago, tried to disassemble the tail...broke that tiny ball.....and you know the rest of the story.
i removed the screws with the allen wrench, but cannot just pull the hubs off without breaking something. any suggestions, and do you have the rest of the instructions. i got the slipper clutch and done know how to install it smh! lol
Neoneo is offline Find More Posts by Neoneo