HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 18, 2012, 09:00 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
As of Sunday March 18th I'm still waiting on my shipment of shafts from Walkera..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:25 PM
Massachusetts
Joined Jun 2008
1,715 Posts
Any v120d02s shafts left? My first one works great.
ForceFedDSM is offline Find More Posts by ForceFedDSM
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:30 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFedDSM View Post
Any v120d02s shafts left? My first one works great.
I'll have a few I hope,, Ricks Walkera order is tied up in customs right now so at this point I don't even know for sure if they shipped him the amount of shafts that I ordered..

You should of seen the neat crash I did with the V120D02S today,, it hit the pavement tilted way over on it's side, going really fast then it turned sideways and tumbled a few times,, ended up on it's skids so I just flew way. Never even took a step towards it... Even seems to have smoothed out that vibration I had.. I bet the feathering shaft looks like a "S" now but hey if it fly's fly it..
Last edited by livonia bob; Mar 18, 2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 01:14 PM
Switzerland, near Zuerich
Joined Mar 2004
171 Posts
Hi Bob,

I just sent you a PM "I like to get 2 Set of your famous V120D02S Slipper clutch "

nice regards
Elrush
ELRush is offline Find More Posts by ELRush
Old Mar 19, 2012, 01:26 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELRush View Post
Hi Bob,

I just sent you a PM "I like to get 2 Set of your famous V120D02S Slipper clutch "

nice regards
Elrush
I just replied to your PM telling you to please send a email to slipperclutch@mi.rr.com telling me what you want and where to ship.. As I'm keeping track of all orders on this email address...

Looks like I better get yet another order in for tail shafts, set screws, Allen wrenches and tubing as you guys seem to like the slipper clutch...
Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:43 PM
Massachusetts
Joined Jun 2008
1,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I'll have a few I hope,, Ricks Walkera order is tied up in customs right now so at this point I don't even know for sure if they shipped him the amount of shafts that I ordered..

You should of seen the neat crash I did with the V120D02S today,, it hit the pavement tilted way over on it's side, going really fast then it turned sideways and tumbled a few times,, ended up on it's skids so I just flew way. Never even took a step towards it... Even seems to have smoothed out that vibration I had.. I bet the feathering shaft looks like a "S" now but hey if it fly's fly it..
I had a really hard crash the other day myself. I thought I was walking over to a pile of parts. I broke my d05 skids and canopy pin. Heli was still flyable after, in part due to your slipper clutch This heli can really take a beating!

When you did the servo saver mod, did you just cut the servo arm with a sharp blade or did you cut 1 mm out with a cutoff and use an o-ring under the screw?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 09:37 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFedDSM View Post
I had a really hard crash the other day myself. I thought I was walking over to a pile of parts. I broke my d05 skids and canopy pin. Heli was still flyable after, in part due to your slipper clutch This heli can really take a beating!

When you did the servo saver mod, did you just cut the servo arm with a sharp blade or did you cut 1 mm out with a cutoff and use an o-ring under the screw?
I have not done the servo saver mod,,, YET.. Speaking of the 05 skids, I did notice that I had used that black hot glue to reinforce the legs when I installed them, this might be why I haven't been able to break them yet. And having done such a neat job with the glue hadn't noticed it. Trust me I have been trying to break them or she has anyways..
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:23 PM
Massachusetts
Joined Jun 2008
1,715 Posts
Quote:
I have not done the servo saver mod,,, YET.. Speaking of the 05 skids, I did notice that I had used that black hot glue to reinforce the legs when I installed them, this might be why I haven't been able to break them yet. And having done such a neat job with the glue hadn't noticed it. Trust me I have been trying to break them or she has anyways..
I actually shattered the lipo cage, the legs are still good . Good idea on the black hot glue. I'll have to pick some up to try it on my other set.
Last edited by ForceFedDSM; Mar 21, 2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:35 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,622 Posts
my brand new d05 is a hot pile of crap (from helipal.com, avoid) I had to do nothing but swash adjustments with linkages since i got it. Just to get it to lift off without the tail sticking to the ground like she's about to do a back flip. Once i got it leveled out one 6 inch throt cut and my skids broke. I never took this bird even as high as 1 foot off the ground. Pretty crappy purchase and/or heli.

As far as the landing skids go on the 02s and 05:
I have devised a way to fit the Extreme landing skid on the v120d02s and now the v120d05. The extreme landing skids are SO much better. I have yet to attach the one to my D05 but it is on the way in the mail. On my d02s i simply attach the skid's front screws and tail boom rods ONLY. Completely neglect installing the rear screws (this will help prevent breakage on stock skid too probably) On the Do5 however the motor pin and pinion will be too close to the carbon fiber part on the skid and will rub. The way i have devised to avoid this is to use the screw mount for the STOCK skid and dremel or cut the rear section where the screws attach. Cutting it so that it will make a "riser" or shelf of sorts to hold the new extreme skid above the pinion and gears. Should be plenty of clearance and the extreme skid's side gaurds will protect the main gear by nearly wrapping around and covering it (i recommend hot gluing these on, or gluing but hot glue can be pulled apart if you need to.) Once you have made your little custom riser you can just install the front and boom stabilizers like i did on my 02s. You can glue the riser to the carbon fiber part of the landing skid but i don't see any point and having some wiggle room is what gives these things some shock absorption.

Thats just my one little dumb mod to my v120d05.. Next i'm replacing the head and receiver with a v120d02s head and receiver. I'll probably also have to up the motor since the 05 seams to use the same motor but produces half the power? i might have just gotten a dud, that or the quieter belt system and crappy foam blades just give me the impression of no power.. not sure.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Mar 22, 2012, 03:11 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
my brand new d05 is a hot pile of crap (from helipal.com, avoid) I had to do nothing but swash adjustments with linkages since i got it. Just to get it to lift off without the tail sticking to the ground like she's about to do a back flip. Once i got it leveled out one 6 inch throt cut and my skids broke. I never took this bird even as high as 1 foot off the ground. Pretty crappy purchase and/or heli.

As far as the landing skids go on the 02s and 05:
I have devised a way to fit the Extreme landing skid on the v120d02s and now the v120d05. The extreme landing skids are SO much better. I have yet to attach the one to my D05 but it is on the way in the mail. On my d02s i simply attach the skid's front screws and tail boom rods ONLY. Completely neglect installing the rear screws (this will help prevent breakage on stock skid too probably) On the Do5 however the motor pin and pinion will be too close to the carbon fiber part on the skid and will rub. The way i have devised to avoid this is to use the screw mount for the STOCK skid and dremel or cut the rear section where the screws attach. Cutting it so that it will make a "riser" or shelf of sorts to hold the new extreme skid above the pinion and gears. Should be plenty of clearance and the extreme skid's side gaurds will protect the main gear by nearly wrapping around and covering it (i recommend hot gluing these on, or gluing but hot glue can be pulled apart if you need to.) Once you have made your little custom riser you can just install the front and boom stabilizers like i did on my 02s. You can glue the riser to the carbon fiber part of the landing skid but i don't see any point and having some wiggle room is what gives these things some shock absorption.

Thats just my one little dumb mod to my v120d05.. Next i'm replacing the head and receiver with a v120d02s head and receiver. I'll probably also have to up the motor since the 05 seams to use the same motor but produces half the power? i might have just gotten a dud, that or the quieter belt system and crappy foam blades just give me the impression of no power.. not sure.
As there are few good reviews and many bad ones on the V120D05 and it's already such a old heli I'm still surprised that you bought one..

On the landing skids, I'm sure I have some Extreme ones that after getting them just didn't like them and never installed them.. So far the black hot glue reinforced D05 have been the best for me and I have slammed them into the pavement many times and haven't even broken off the tips yet. But this might be the BLACK hot glue doing a great job, and that I from lots of experience know where it's needed.....

Slipper clutch production will be starting shortly..

I just received my first order from Heli RC Store and I'm impressed with how he worked with me on my order, fast shipping and the free gifts that were included in the package which were things I really need and will put to use and will increase my flying fun for awhile..

They are now on my go to list for sure.. http://helircstore.com/shop/index.php?route=common/home
Last edited by livonia bob; Mar 22, 2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 04:15 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,622 Posts
Quote:
As there are few good reviews and many bad ones on the V120D05 and it's already such a old heli I'm still surprised that you bought one..

On the landing skids, I'm sure I have some Extreme ones that after getting them just didn't like them and never installed them.. So far the black hot glue reinforced D05 have been the best for me and I have slammed them into the pavement many times and haven't even broken off the tips yet. But this might be the BLACK hot glue doing a great job, and that I from lots of experience know where it's needed.....

Slipper clutch production will be starting shortly..

I just received my first order from Heli RC Store and I'm impressed with how he worked with me on my order, fast shipping and the free gifts that were included in the package which were things I really need and will put to use and will increase my flying fun for awhile..

They are now on my go to list for sure.. http://helircstore.com/shop/index.php?route=common/home
I have never seen black hot glue. But i use regular high temp glue on my 05 stock skid waiting for the replacements and man... It almost makes me want to cut all the legs and glue them back on. It works great for shock abortion. I just hope i can get the 05 flying stable again, I already bent the shaft because i put 02s blades on it and scraped the tips on the ground a little. so its going to be some time before this bird is worth anything. But I will take this model v120d05 "Buy and Mod Version" and make it 3d capable, you watch. I'll shoot a vid and invert it at the least.

Anyway, still waiting for your clutch anxiously. I have gone from grinding gears on landing to the more prominent shooting off rudder servo control rods. I think i have my positive pitch too high because the other day i shot one off in a punch out and put a crack in the CF tail boom. The durability of this thing amazes me. even with a cracked tail boom it still flys. And amazingly when i did the punch out and she started her tailspin i hit my throttle cut and it almost auto rotated down nicely but the motor friction from spindown or something made it wobble then flip. I was excited to see a 120 doing auto from like 50 feet that i forgot to control the cyclic at all also. Surprisingly the thing still flys with almost no wag and very little vibration in the tail. I'm still flying it today, my new parts will be in tomorrow or monday, lol. If it flys, fly it.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:57 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
[B]Slipper Clutch update.. [/B] 03/24/12

Slipper Clutch update..

We are in full production.. As far as I know all back orders have been invoice via PayPal.. If you think you were on the list and haven't received a invoice please email me ASAP...

If you were not on the list and you wish to purchase some while they are in stock please email...

slipperclutch@mi.rr.com

Shipping is by first paid first shipped, via USPS First Class Parcel, so if you are paid by Monday @ 3PM EDST they will be in the mail Monday..
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:29 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2012
193 Posts
Hi how do I go about ordering your slipper clutches?
Stupest is offline Find More Posts by Stupest
Old Mar 27, 2012, 04:43 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupest View Post
Hi how do I go about ordering your slipper clutches?
If you wish to purchase some while they are in stock please email...

slipperclutch@mi.rr.com

I will send you a PayPal invoice to the address your email came from unless you give me your real PayPal email address in the email.. I also need to have your country to figure out the shipping cost. what heli you want it for and how many you wish to buy..

Shipping is by first paid first shipped, via USPS First Class Parcel.

At this time all paid orders are in the mail..

I still have a few left in stock for the V120D02S, V120's and the 4**'s
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:52 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,622 Posts
I hope this is not too far off topic but If anyone needs gears for their 4G6 or compatible that hasn't gotten their slipper clutch yet. I have 5 gear sets for sale. Walkera part #HM-4G6-Z-19. I got stuck with them and can't use them on my D02S. They are 3.95 + shipping (priority or first class mail is available)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170804141614

If you would like to save me the seller fees from ebay I can also invoice your email directly with paypal.

I'm glad my slipper clutch is going to save me from having to stock up on these so much when it arrives. I can see where people would rather spend their money on that just thought I'd try my luck at getting rid of these things.