HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:26 AM
Registered User
Spring Hill, TN
Joined Nov 2005
92 Posts
My locking collar you sent me does not have a set screw in it. Is it supposed to have it?

John
Manny5150 is offline Find More Posts by Manny5150
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:52 PM
If it Works, You Better Fix It
VelocityRC's Avatar
North Idaho
Joined Feb 2011
689 Posts
Nice Bob,

I'm using your older idea for a slipper that I just posted a pic of on the V120D01 thread. This looks like the best setup yet. I have had a tail shaft slip if oil gets on the tubing or shaft. Instant piro.

Does this solve the issue of a possible tail shaft slip out the left side?

Looks like you are relying on the collar and not friction to hold the shaft. Correct me if I'm wrong.

What a great deal, especially with all the tools required.

Happy Flying !!!

Bill S.
VelocityRC is offline Find More Posts by VelocityRC
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2012, 02:46 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny5150 View Post
My locking collar you sent me does not have a set screw in it. Is it supposed to have it?

John
Are you sure it's not down in side the hole it should be.. Was the collar on the shaft when you got it??
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2012, 02:46 PM
Registered User
Auburn, NE
Joined Jan 2007
51 Posts
Hi Bob, have you thought of developing a slipper clutch for the V200D03. The gears on that are so fragile that if they even touch a blade of grass the drive gears teeth are instantly sheared off. This heli has a serious design flaw and it is evident when you try and buy replacement gears. Everybody in the world is out of stock. I am thinking of buying an HK-250GT frame and putting all the Walkera stuff on that frame as it is belt driven. Any thoughts?
fas66 is offline Find More Posts by fas66
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2012, 03:17 PM
Registered User
Spring Hill, TN
Joined Nov 2005
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Are you sure it's not down in side the hole it should be.. Was the collar on the shaft when you got it??
It was on shaft, but let check one more time. It is probably there. I will check when I get home.

Thanks,

John
Manny5150 is offline Find More Posts by Manny5150
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2012, 03:42 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny5150 View Post
It was on shaft, but let check one more time. It is probably there. I will check when I get home.

Thanks,

John
I lock the collar onto the shaft with the set screw when I package them up.. You have to loosen up the set screw to remove the collar so that you can install the shaft through the right side bearing and then you put it back on but don't tighten the set screw till later when you are starting the adjustment part of the installation..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2012, 04:08 PM
Registered User
Spring Hill, TN
Joined Nov 2005
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I lock the collar onto the shaft with the set screw when I package them up.. You have to loosen up the set screw to remove the collar so that you can install the shaft through the right side bearing and then you put it back on but don't tighten the set screw till later when you are starting the adjustment part of the installation..
Ok, the collar is locked on the shaft. I am sure the set screw is there.

Thanks!!!
Manny5150 is offline Find More Posts by Manny5150
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:07 PM
Registered User
Spring Hill, TN
Joined Nov 2005
92 Posts
The tail does not seem to hold well with the slipper clutch on. The tail seems to slightly move to the left. I had to reset the tail servo to center the travel. I think i did it correctly. Can you put the tail servo into heading hold or is there another way? I did change the switch on the receiver when adjusting the tail. Did I do something wrong?

Thanks

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
Manny5150 is offline Find More Posts by Manny5150
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2012, 08:50 AM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny5150 View Post
The tail does not seem to hold well with the slipper clutch on. The tail seems to slightly move to the left. I had to reset the tail servo to center the travel. I think i did it correctly. Can you put the tail servo into heading hold or is there another way? I did change the switch on the receiver when adjusting the tail. Did I do something wrong?

Thanks

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
If you installed the clutch and set the proper slippage,, then you set the rudder to hover in rate mode via the servo link, and you checked for creeping in HH mode, and all this is done then you go back to flying it in Heading Hold mode.. And you use the TX setting to adjust this.. There was no reason to switch anything on the RX..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Last edited by livonia bob; Jan 28, 2012 at 09:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2012, 02:04 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityRC View Post
Nice Bob,

I'm using your older idea for a slipper that I just posted a pic of on the V120D01 thread. This looks like the best setup yet. I have had a tail shaft slip if oil gets on the tubing or shaft. Instant piro.

Does this solve the issue of a possible tail shaft slip out the left side?

Looks like you are relying on the collar and not friction to hold the shaft. Correct me if I'm wrong.

What a great deal, especially with all the tools required.

Happy Flying !!!

Bill S.
Yes you are correct the new collar is locked to the shaft with the set screw, the tubing is pushing on both the collar and the gear and this is what the adjustment is as you push the shaft from right to left it increases the pressure on the gear there for the friction and makes it less slippery. You lock the shaft in place with the original collar's set screw..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2012, 02:18 PM
If it Works, You Better Fix It
VelocityRC's Avatar
North Idaho
Joined Feb 2011
689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Yes you are correct the new collar is locked to the shaft with the set screw, the tubing is pushing on both the collar and the gear and this is what the adjustment is as you push the shaft from right to left it increases the pressure on the gear there for the friction and makes it less slippery. You lock the shaft in place with the original collar's set screw..
Thanks Bob,

If you move original collar for more tension, does that create a gap on the right side tailshaft bearing making it possible to move or slip out ? By your description It almost sounds like I'm missing something here.

Not sure on all the details Bob and I'm not trying to nit pick you. I'm interested in buying a couple of these.

Is the $15.00 plus shipping in USA or inc? If I buy two do I need an extra set of tools shipped with it ?

It's great that you are still improving these. Keep up the great work !!!

Happy Flying !!!

Bill S.
VelocityRC is offline Find More Posts by VelocityRC
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2012, 03:36 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityRC View Post
Thanks Bob,

If you move original collar for more tension, does that create a gap on the right side tailshaft bearing making it possible to move or slip out ? By your description It almost sounds like I'm missing something here.

Not sure on all the details Bob and I'm not trying to nit pick you. I'm interested in buying a couple of these.

Is the $15.00 plus shipping in USA or inc? If I buy two do I need an extra set of tools shipped with it ?

It's great that you are still improving these. Keep up the great work !!!

Happy Flying !!!

Bill S.
YES,, Adjusting the pressure will increase the space between the new collar and the right bearing.. The tubing you get in the kit is precut so that it starts off with some pressure already as assembled. We are not talking about much movement here. So unless you spend a lot of time with the motor running while holding the tail rotors from turning there shouldn't be much wear in actually use. But if you do there is a spare piece of cut to size tubing and a short length of DIY tubing included. Each kit is bagged with the Allen wrench for the set screw included. You have to supply your own tools for removing the tail blade holders and the left collar set screw...

The $15.00 was with free shipping,, But now with the USPS price increase and Paypal fees, items getting lost in the mail that I have to replace it's getting where I can't afford to keep losing money on these. I'm thinking of switching for USA customers First Class Package mailing to $13.00 + $3.00 shipping for one and the next two ship free so $16.00 for one $29.00 for two and $42.00 for three.. If you wish for faster shipping then you will have to pick up the cost.. Over seas sales will be 2 dollars more..

Right now I have left in stock 1 for 4#6- 4G6, 1 for V120d01-2 - M120D01, and 4 for V120D02S and this is because some that said they wanted them have not paid for them... As I will have to invest in more shafts at $5.50ea by the time I pay for their shipping to me to make more and sales have slowed down. I might just stop making them as this does take up a lot of my time..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2012, 05:02 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2010
833 Posts
Hi Bob,
Just finished the clutch install and test flight. Your directions were great, everything went without a hitch.

Initially I thought there was a hangup as the lip of the set screw hole on the inside collar caught the B-gear, but with a few turns it broke in just fine.

Thanks again for making these available,

Chief
BHChieftain is online now Find More Posts by BHChieftain
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2012, 05:10 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHChieftain View Post
Hi Bob,
Just finished the clutch install and test flight. Your directions were great, everything went without a hitch.

Initially I thought there was a hangup as the lip of the set screw hole on the inside collar caught the B-gear, but with a few turns it broke in just fine.

Thanks again for making these available,

Chief

It's a tight fit and on some you have to lap them in with a few minutes of running time..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2012, 07:17 PM
If it Works, You Better Fix It
VelocityRC's Avatar
North Idaho
Joined Feb 2011
689 Posts
Bob,

I sent you a couple of PM's about "Lost in the Mail" complaints and PayPal fees.

I hope you continue to make these. I would like to purchase a couple. Please advise when you get more in stock.

Happy Flying !!!

Bill S.
VelocityRC is offline Find More Posts by VelocityRC
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale 4G6 V120 4#6 etc metal tail block w new bearing & NIP metal tail mixer + hella4g6Lipo blueindian Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Aug 26, 2011 12:03 AM
For Sale Walkera Main Shaft for 4#6, 4#6S, 4#6 BELL & V120D01 Torch8 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Mar 22, 2011 08:52 PM
Wanted wanted walkera servos for 4#6 / 4G6 etc. size heli blueindian Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jan 31, 2011 02:34 AM
Sold FS: 4#6/4G6/V120 Parts AtTheCross Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Oct 29, 2010 01:25 AM
Discussion New 4#6/4G6/V120 Landing Gear Break nute53 Micro Helis 17 Jul 12, 2010 08:24 PM