HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2012, 05:57 PM
Joined Dec 2009
78 Posts
Discussion
Receivers that work with JR XG8? and a wee Horizon rant.

Even though I have two great radios, there is still a "hole" in my needs. (I hope someone from JR and/or Horizon reads this, as I suspect there are others who feel the same way).

A trusty 'ol DX6i handles all the small stuff and if I'm flying only RES, I much prefer it to my beefy JR11X because after three hours on the slope (or an hour or two thermaling, if the Gods of Lift permit)... the most important feature of the radio becomes ergonomics...and in this case, weight.

The 11X does everything I need, but feels like it should be re-zoned to a multiple unit dwelling. It's just too big for hand launch and too heavy for long slope sessions. One-handed launches of electrics are also a bit much.

So I want to a XG8... it does everything I need for the slope or thermal field and it's smaller and significantly lighter. Unike the DX8, it has full sailplane functionality.

If Horizon would only realize they are doing glider guiders a dis-service by not bringing this size/feature set to NA. I would gladly pay a street price of $499-549, for this radio (slotting this nicely between the DX8 and 11X, thus not canabalizing their current markets).

Horizon could sell a ton of these XG8's if they were compatible with Spektrum's vast receiver line. Which brings me to my question, now that that I've finsihed ranting to Horizon: what receivers will work with the XG8, other than those specifically sold for XG8 by JR in overseas markets?
lornecherry is offline Find More Posts by lornecherry
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2012, 06:04 PM
LSF303 / AMA Life Member
USA, IL, Wheeling
Joined Jan 2003
3,098 Posts
Yes, this is sarcasm LOL!

If you think the 11X is heavy, you should try an Airtronics Stylus

I like the heft and feel of a "man's" transmitter ... those cheapie DxN radios feel like Xbox controllers to me.

Get a neckstrap if you can't handle the tranny!

Have fun!
tkallev is offline Find More Posts by tkallev
Old Jan 20, 2012, 07:02 AM
Joined Nov 2005
3,527 Posts
After flying a 12X and Stylus in my life, the 11X is the most ergonomic radio I have flown. I can handle it one handed, which the other two i couls never do, and it just seems more comfotable. As far as features, i know the 8X has some cool tricks, but i am good where i am at.

Marc
R.M. Gellart is offline Find More Posts by R.M. Gellart