SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 19, 2012, 06:06 PM
RC BARNSTORMER
R/C Barnstormers of Hillsdale, KS
Joined Dec 2008
213 Posts
Discussion
F3P - C Class Video Demo

Not perfect, but should give you a pretty good idea of how it goes.

F3P C Class flown by rcflyboynj (1 min 18 sec)

~ Nathan
rcflyboynj is offline Find More Posts by rcflyboynj
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2012, 01:38 AM
When in doubt, gas it!
United States, KS, Spring Hill
Joined Dec 2010
933 Posts
Hey Nathan!

Thank God I'm not talking to myself in here anymore...

Thanks for posting the vid.

So let me know if I got this right:

1) Takeoff
2) Square Loop
3) Stall Turn
4) 2 point roll
5) Cuban 8 (was that supposed to be done all at once, or split up in two?
6) Hover
7) Land

If I got the nomenclature wrong, please let me know.

So is this what they are going to have us flying in March? No inverted circles? I heard those were popular. Do they normally give the sequence ahead of time or only once you show up? Are you supposed to fly each sequence back to back without turning around, or are you supposed to (or allowed to) turn around?

A search on the interweb didn't turn up a whole lot on the F3P C Class sequence. Is there a standard that they use each year, or does each event promoter make up their own?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm a newbie and I'm dying for someone to tell me this stuff!

PS When you gonna come down to Desoto and fly with us? I'm all amped up for Saturday nite!!!

Brian (the new guy with the goatee)
KTMRacr is offline Find More Posts by KTMRacr
Old Jan 21, 2012, 02:55 PM
RC BARNSTORMER
Joined Dec 2008
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMRacr View Post
Hey Nathan!

Thank God I'm not talking to myself in here anymore...

Thanks for posting the vid.

So let me know if I got this right:

1) Takeoff
2) Square Loop
3) Stall Turn
4) 2 point roll
5) Cuban 8 (was that supposed to be done all at once, or split up in two?
6) Hover
7) Land

If I got the nomenclature wrong, please let me know.

So is this what they are going to have us flying in March? No inverted circles? I heard those were popular. Do they normally give the sequence ahead of time or only once you show up? Are you supposed to fly each sequence back to back without turning around, or are you supposed to (or allowed to) turn around?

A search on the interweb didn't turn up a whole lot on the F3P C Class sequence. Is there a standard that they use each year, or does each event promoter make up their own?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm a newbie and I'm dying for someone to tell me this stuff!

PS When you gonna come down to Desoto and fly with us? I'm all amped up for Saturday nite!!!

Brian (the new guy with the goatee)
DeSoto is a little far for me... check your E-Mail... going to try to send you something.

Anyways... The C-Class is attached, there is a novice class, but I don't have a copy of it at the moment.

It is not a 2 point roll, it is knife edge pass, exit to inverted, then inverted 5/8 loop.

The schedule should explain it better.

I also got "Drafted" to do a web site for this stuff, so something should be up soon.

http://www.theflyguyz.com/Schedules_2011.pdf

~Nathan
Last edited by rcflyboynj; Jan 21, 2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 01:56 AM
When in doubt, gas it!
Joined Dec 2010
933 Posts
OH YEA!!! Now THAT was what I was looking for!!! Thank you very much for posting.

I think I can do the "C" schedule without too much issue (well, it probably won't be pretty, but I think I can do it). Can I try (enter) both the C and B schedule in the competition? I'd like to try as much as I can, and get as much flying as I can. Don't care in the slightest how well I do, just want to try it out.

I'm thinking 80% chance I'm there for your fly in. Have to double check the schedule and make sure there isn't anything work related going on that would keep me from attending.

Thanks for putting this together, and thanks for the info on the pattern schedule!!!
Old Jan 22, 2012, 02:01 AM
When in doubt, gas it!
Joined Dec 2010
933 Posts
OK I looked at the "B" schedule again... That might be a little over my head... Need to try it on a sim and see if I can even put it all together. Rolling circle scares me!

PS What does the "K#" mean? Is that a multiplier for your score? As in, higher number means that is worth "more" to your final score than the lower K#?
Old Jan 22, 2012, 01:29 PM
RC BARNSTORMER
Joined Dec 2008
213 Posts
Quote:
OH YEA!!! Now THAT was what I was looking for!!! Thank you very much for posting.

I think I can do the "C" schedule without too much issue (well, it probably won't be pretty, but I think I can do it). Can I try (enter) both the C and B schedule in the competition? I'd like to try as much as I can, and get as much flying as I can. Don't care in the slightest how well I do, just want to try it out.

I'm thinking 80% chance I'm there for your fly in. Have to double check the schedule and make sure there isn't anything work related going on that would keep me from attending.

Thanks for putting this together, and thanks for the info on the pattern schedule!!!
Sounds good! You can enter whatever you would like, but we tend to fly C more often. I haven't tried B yet, but I would advise trying that with EPP first.

Quote:
OK I looked at the "B" schedule again... That might be a little over my head... Need to try it on a sim and see if I can even put it all together. Rolling circle scares me!

PS What does the "K#" mean? Is that a multiplier for your score? As in, higher number means that is worth "more" to your final score than the lower K#?
Again, EPP to the rescue!

The K is the multiplier, it tends to increase with the difficulty of the moves. I let the judges worry about that.

If you have any other questions, let me know!

BTW. What kind of plane are you flying for pattern?

~ Nathan
Old Jan 23, 2012, 02:01 AM
When in doubt, gas it!
Joined Dec 2010
933 Posts
Right now, I have the 23" Threlon from DW Foamies. It's Depron.

I think it might be a little small for what most people would use in a pattern competition, but it works well in the space available at the Desoto Community Center.

I have no clue what size most people fly, or if there are any regulations and/or limitations on what you fly.

Like I said, I could care less if this smaller plane "doesn't present well" or whatever, just want to see if I can fly the pattern and have some fun.

I don't think I would enter the "B" schedule unless I thought I could handle it without smashing a plane. But you are correct, EPP would be a better choice if I'm worried about unplanned contact with the floor.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 09:10 PM
"Free" in Christ! #F3P
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
911 Posts
Quote:
I have no clue what size most people fly, or if there are any regulations and/or limitations on what you fly.
Hi,

I am not a "BARNSTORMER" but I think I can answer your question.

Most people's F3P planes have a ~34", weigh 3-5oz., and have about a ~1.5-2.5 oz/ft wing loading.

For requirements see below:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475676

If I am wrong on this PLEASE correct me.

Free
Free is offline Find More Posts by Free
Last edited by Free; May 01, 2012 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Changing AUW
Old May 01, 2012, 09:13 PM
RC BARNSTORMER
Joined Dec 2008
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
Hi,

I am not a "BARNSTORMER" but I think I can answer your question.

Most people's F3P planes have a ~34", weigh 3.5-4.5 oz., and have about a ~1.5-2.5 oz/ft wing loading.

For requirements see below:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475676

If I am wrong on this PLEASE correct me.

Free
You are correct. I tent to use too much glue though.... but you want to keep them as light as possible.