HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:24 AM
UK
Joined Mar 2006
111 Posts
Discussion
RCM Pike tip section

I want to sort out my RCM pike tip stall problem for good ,so am now looking to make new tips.

From my original post:-

The adverts imply e MH30 at the root and RG14.5

Others suggest that the sections quoted in the advert bear no relationship to the actual sections.
"The claimed Root section is the MH 30 which in fact is a thin semi-symetrical 7% thick pylon racing section. I have not checked but itmay be MH 32 - a well proven glider section. The intermediate section listed as SD7034 is a thick highly cambered section which does not match the aircraft. The actual section is close to but not quite the SD 7043 a slimmer section.
The RG14.5 I don't have the coordinates for, but the actual section appears close to the RG15. From my experience, the RG 15 will have a higher stall speed than the other root sections and will lead to tip stalls."

Other than the tip stall problems the model is very well designed and constructed and if you are willing to live on the edge it is a good design.

John "

Oct 11, 2006, 05:50 AM Report This Post to a Moderator #5
Swift

with this in mind, can anyone recommend a tip section?

Thanks

Fish
fishdude is offline Find More Posts by fishdude
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2012, 02:53 PM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
6,632 Posts
Have you moved the CG forward and backwards to see if it helps?
davidjensen is online now Find More Posts by davidjensen
Old Jan 21, 2012, 08:40 AM
UK
Joined Mar 2006
111 Posts
Yes done that, also intoduced some wash out which helped and increased tail area.

Now want to try building a new tip.

Fish
fishdude is offline Find More Posts by fishdude