HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:01 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,822 Posts
Discussion
MRP Fountain (old Plastic) for Scorp

Pictures of my old Fountain running twin Traxxas Villan drives, a very (old) large and light build that when headed into the wind while listening to the twin drives spool up was a stately and awesome sight. Regarding the story on the missing rear hatch please know I am looking for one, so if you have a replacement let me know.
Kcal is offline Find More Posts by Kcal
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:26 PM
I feel the need for speed!
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,299 Posts
Cooooooooooool.......!! Here's mine...............and guess what i ran today for the first time in a year???????? Yep, the MRP fountain. I just put a KB45XL 1600kv in it that i got brand new off a guy on OSE for 30 bucks shipped. Using a T180 on 5s and an x442 it went VERY well. Probably 35-38mph and looks cool as heck at speed.

Hope you find a top for it, but it may be tough...........does it run well?
scorpion1 is offline Find More Posts by scorpion1
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:33 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,822 Posts
Honestly on twin stock 550’s cheap 8.4V nicads and an old Tekin 32M marine ESC and I thing Octura 1445’s counter rotating she ran flawlessly but didn’t like to turn sharply as the outer drive would lift up and skip across the water loosing any kind of bite. Not as fast as yours, but I would try any day of the week.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:55 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,299 Posts
How long have you had yours.................where'd you get it?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 09:21 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,822 Posts
It is actually a long story that is most likely interesting to only me, MRP sent me an assembled hull that I ended up sending back as the nose didn’t look turned down and Fountain enough to me, in addition I hated the MRP shaft molded and glued into the hull that I knew would have to go anyway. I ended up speaking with the owner’s wife (owner at the time, they went out of business shortly afterwards) after a long conversation she agreed to send me a new and completely unassembled hull that I would have to deal with myself, this was an awesome stroke of luck. For the record and since it will be out here forever she was more then very nice and I would classify them both as not only for the hobbyist but decent people that understood model boats and model boaters in general. There was a shipping mix up (my fault) and it ultimately got sent to me twice but she was perfect and helpful through it all and I finally got my dream boat, I still have it 20 plus years later and I will in the future even if she sits gathering dust in the corner awaiting resurrection. Thank you MRP! And thank you Scorp I also have another thread that if it gets completed I will be asking for reasonable (HK) motor and lipo recommendations on.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:13 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,299 Posts
Any news here?
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:06 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,822 Posts
Ha, unfortunately no but thank your for trying to shame me in to action. I however have cut a paper template for one side of the new hatch it requires.