HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:54 AM
United States, AZ, Buckeye
Joined Mar 2010
649 Posts
How long till we see them in the states?

Joe W
J. Wydronek is offline Find More Posts by J. Wydronek
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2012, 01:07 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,397 Posts
SUSA is the Samba distributor in the US, Joe.
Shoot Bob an email.

R,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Mar 15, 2012, 08:06 AM
UAV F3J EDF
Melbourne Australia
Joined Feb 2011
19 Posts
Hi Larry

Good to hear from you.

Busy with life now, but I will give you a call this weekend.

Cheers

David hobby
davidhobby is offline Find More Posts by davidhobby
Old Mar 15, 2012, 04:47 PM
Norway
Joined Dec 2003
1,454 Posts
After 24 hours with a "lost" model box from home to North Cyprus I finally got some flights at the flying field at this years first international competition.
http://northcyprusf3jopen.com/

I flew some flights on the winch in nice conditions with lots of thermals in the local thermal corridor that passes right thru this field. It was blowing 3-4m/s midday and gusting up to 7-8m/s later in the day.At the end of the day thermals were getting weaker and wave lift was the main factor. I finished of with flying the electric fuse using a 17x13 aeronaut prop and my old Hacker B50-6S 6,7:1 gearing pulling apx 200A on a 3 cell nanotech battery (motor will be changed to a lighter one later to fit the F5J rules but first testing with 2 cells when I get it). A nice day out and good to see some friends in this wonderful sport again.

Jojo
jojoen is offline Find More Posts by jojoen
Old Mar 17, 2012, 03:09 PM
Norway
Joined Dec 2003
1,454 Posts
Only me and Jaroslav (one of the producing brothers) is flying Perfection at North Cyprus F3J Open 2012. After first day we currently are in 3rd and 7th place after a day with extreme conditions. Sidewind launching in 8-12m/s and finishing of with calm weather while the sun came down.
Jaroslav brought two planes. One Spread tow 80 (2050g) and one SL (1700g). He has only been flying the ST80 so far as he felt he did not have so much time on the SL. I have my Perfection ST80 and a Perfect ET but have only been flying the Perfection ST80 (and my electroversion for some video).
A small blog is on http://www.f3x.no/f3j/2012/northcyprus/index.html or thru mainpage www.f3x.no

Jojo
Old Mar 17, 2012, 03:32 PM
Bro
Southern California
Joined Feb 2003
1,931 Posts
Cyprus/Perfection

Jo,

Great report on the new Perfection!
Keep us posted of results, and tell Jaro HELLO from Bob!

Best,
Bob
Bro is offline Find More Posts by Bro
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 23, 2012, 01:06 PM
I'm your huckleberry
USA, CA, Gardena
Joined Jun 2004
1,778 Posts
..... oops wrong thread.
Doc Holiday48 is offline Find More Posts by Doc Holiday48
Last edited by Doc Holiday48; Mar 23, 2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 09:18 PM
Bro
Southern California
Joined Feb 2003
1,931 Posts
Perfection

Howdy,
From my friend Helmut Rohner in Germany... THANKS!!

Pike Perfection Der neue F3J Star von SAMBA model (5 min 42 sec)

B
Bro is offline Find More Posts by Bro
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:53 AM
AZ Outback
Joined Dec 2000
1,344 Posts
Ok, I will ask the obvious question, middle of the summer full sun, lots of solar radiation, final temp after 30minutes of the fuselage maybe 60C. How are you going to pick up the fuselage? Use a glove, throw water on it and let it cool, always put it in a nose mitt?

The Best

Robert
Robert Burson is offline Find More Posts by Robert Burson
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:13 AM
Joined Mar 2005
179 Posts
How bout this Robert
Ronald Mong is offline Find More Posts by Ronald Mong
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:20 AM
AZ Outback
Joined Dec 2000
1,344 Posts
Ron

When you release and go for elevator aileron stick, I would like to be a witness;-)
Robert Burson is offline Find More Posts by Robert Burson
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:32 AM
Norway
Joined Dec 2003
1,454 Posts
They developed a shiny fuse sock just for that
Samba has thought about it all. Because it is soooooo cool to have an all carbon plane.
Though I highly recommend pilots in the warmer reagons NOT to order black/carbon top parts....

Coming back from 2 weeks in North Cyprus and 30 degrees mid day it was less of a problem than I thought. Actually I think it is very different from day to day how much solar power is affecting the planes. It is a fine indicator on how much sunscreen to take on that day funny enough.
Last edited by jojoen; Mar 31, 2012 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Better video in the next post
Old Mar 31, 2012, 04:21 PM
Norway
Joined Dec 2003
1,454 Posts
Some of the flying I recorded with Pike Perfection at North Cyprus F3J Open and at practice days before and after. Some the flying in high winds and some of it in calm 30+celcius in this wonderful place. All of the launches in the last part was done without power. Just straight 150m 1,5mm line staked to the ground. Pilots Jo Grini, Jaroslav Vostrel, Aril RÝsvik, Eser Kişmir and ÷zer Kişmir.

Pike Perfection at North Cyprus F3J Open (3 min 47 sec)
Last edited by jojoen; Mar 31, 2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 04:50 AM
Jyvaskyla, Finland
Joined Aug 2003
2,411 Posts
When looking at Perfection, I first think, will that 2-piece wing fit in my box Then it is the rudder that gets my attention. Prestige (maybe also Supra) started the trend towards rudder hanging behind the elevator. This looks like a very good configuration.

I have a memory flash from last years Bulgaria Eurotour. I saw Philip Kolb coming to early landing in rather windy moment with his Prestige. Just 20 meters out he spotted a small bubble at 3 meters altitude and started to ride it downwind in pure F3K style - the excellent handling of Prestige (and Philips skills) made it possible. With this move he got maybe 90 seconds more flight time.

I think I am not the only pilot who feels that the F3J desings of previous "Perfect" generation have had generally too short tail moments and/or too small rudders. They were fine when flown with ample speed and pure circling, but wider marging for pilot error (extra manourvability) is allways wellcome.

Bigger rudder / tail moment also makes the plane also directionally more stable. This must imporove floating mode efficiency. At least my current planes (Aspire and Xplorer 3.8m) tend to wander a little when slowed down. This is specially true with the light versions we have now.

Samba has a winner here. It will be interesting to see it against the other new generation planes.
Tuomo is offline Find More Posts by Tuomo
Last edited by Tuomo; Apr 02, 2012 at 07:46 AM. Reason: typo
Old Apr 02, 2012, 10:27 AM
Joined Feb 2007
364 Posts
I think I am not the only pilot who feels that the F3J desings of previous "Perfect" generation have had generally too short tail moments and/or too small rudders. They were fine when flown with ample speed and pure circling, but wider marging for pilot error (extra manourvability) is allways wellcome.

Tuomo,

I will respectfully disagree with your ĎI thinkí assessment above after having flown all configurations of the Perfect for an extended time. Pilot skills and over all set up play a huge part in how each version of the Perfect handles (large or small rudder). To improve the lower end handling of Perfect SL ET one needs to have the Kolb joiners with a few mix combinations to improve low end performance. Samba has mastered the weight distribution on all of the Perfect versions to provide this performance. Once I transition to the new design I anticipate it to handle equally as well as the prior Perfects when properly set up.

Good luck with your when it arrives,

Keith
Keith Kindrick is offline Find More Posts by Keith Kindrick