Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:32 PM
United States, AZ, Buckeye
Joined Mar 2010
649 Posts
Tom

Very very nice. You need to bring that to phoenix in December so we can see it in action.

Joe
J. Wydronek is offline Find More Posts by J. Wydronek
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:44 PM
Fit to CFIT
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,484 Posts
Great fuselage install Tom! Someone show that pic to Samba and tell them to start cutting the tray exactly like that (but with a small elevator servo hole for the extremists). It's so much easier to enlarge the servo tray cutouts than it is to make them smaller and move them to the correct location.
vespa is online now Find More Posts by vespa
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:22 PM
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Sep 2002
1,104 Posts
Perfection Fuse Install

Guys,

Here is a couple of pictures of my install. No modifications to the Samba tray required to fit the 761's in place. I mounted the switch to a G10 Plate that is then held onto the Samba tray with two small Allen Head Screws. One antenna runs along the side of the fuse on top of the tray and the other runs into the plastic tube visible in the picture. I am using a 4 cell 2000 MA Eneloop in the nose with a 10 ch ATX RX behind the battery. The EPP foam holds it all snug and tidy.

See Ya,

Pat
pmccleave is online now Find More Posts by pmccleave
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:06 PM
LSF V aspirant
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Oct 2006
2,412 Posts
Flight testing continues

More flights on the Perfection today, this time on an FAI winch and mono. Plane is fast up the line. Currently running ~9mm camber for launch, with the hook almost all the way back. Rotates well and pulls hard, then switching to the recommended 3+mm of reflex for the bucket and zoom produces great results. Even short tows into a bit of wind are impressive.

Standard "run" reflex setting is about 1.5mm, thermal camber about 2.5mm. It likes a lot of aileron/rudder mix in thermal mode.

I think CG is ~113mm...will measure it and the throws sometime soon, and post them here.

Tom
tewatson is online now Find More Posts by tewatson
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:15 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Aug 2006
403 Posts
A Pike Perfection just reached my door step. If it flies half as well as it looks it will be a sweet airplane.

Thank you SoaringUSA/Bob for making these available to us in the States.

Stefano
stefanoc2 is offline Find More Posts by stefanoc2
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:30 PM
Australia, WA, Capel
Joined Dec 2009
152 Posts
Hi all
Flew my C68 (2040g) perfection today early morning (5am)150 mtr line.Used tewatson settings it works quite well. Sell all pike perfects (I Have) and buy Pike perfection you wont be disappointed.
Cheers Eddy
f3f-f3b is offline Find More Posts by f3f-f3b
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:35 PM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Sep 2008
2,429 Posts
your not missing that in PINk & yellow !!!! I like it... hhmmm thinking maxa or pike perfection ?
AlpineDSacro is offline Find More Posts by AlpineDSacro
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: new plane
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:47 PM
Australia, WA, Capel
Joined Dec 2009
152 Posts
Hi
AlpineDSacro
All i can say is PERFECTION,I have a PINK Supra as well haven't flown it at all sense i Got the Pike Perfection's C80 not here till end January.got sick of flying Yellow,White,red planes wife did the colours on all Fosa's,Supra's Perfection's there all PINK.
Cheers Eddy
f3f-f3b is offline Find More Posts by f3f-f3b
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:42 PM
Bro
Southern California
Joined Feb 2003
1,930 Posts
Perfections

Howdy

We have a few Perfections left from last shipment if anyone has an interest let me know.... C68...spread tow 80s...
Info@soaringusa.com

Also precision F3Fs.

Bob
Bro is offline Find More Posts by Bro
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:30 PM
Joined Jan 2004
281 Posts
do u have sl and ls in stock...can u briefly go over differences... ur site says some things but was hoping u could add...
rand24 is offline Find More Posts by rand24
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:38 PM
Bellevue Wa
Joined May 2007
18 Posts
A building note: Make sure to trim back the teflon coating on the elevator and rudder push rods before gluing.
Hollymr is offline Find More Posts by Hollymr
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:47 PM
United States, CA, Visalia
Joined Oct 2004
194 Posts
Just finished the build on my LS. The weight came in at 66oz and compared to me SL which weighted 62 oz. The finish on the LS is better than the earlier SL that I have. Hope to fly it soon. The LS is set up for ballast in the wings where the SL has no provision for ballast.
claude60 is online now Find More Posts by claude60
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:13 AM
Bellevue Wa
Joined May 2007
18 Posts
Has anyone experienced a lot of play in the joiner? My joiner fits well in the wing, but there is a lot of play in the fuselage. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:55 AM
LSF V aspirant
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Oct 2006
2,412 Posts
Yes...don't worry about it. It's the joiner fit to the wings and the wing alignment pin fit to the fuse that counts.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollymr View Post
Has anyone experienced a lot of play in the joiner? My joiner fits well in the wing, but there is a lot of play in the fuselage. Any suggestions?
tewatson is online now Find More Posts by tewatson
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:47 AM
Bellevue Wa
Joined May 2007
18 Posts
Thanks. Tom.