HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:14 PM
kdt
Joined Feb 2007
415 Posts
LS Launch in South Africa Prelim

Arend Borst launching my LS next to Philip Kolb team mates Prestige.
kdt is offline Find More Posts by kdt
Last edited by kdt; Aug 15, 2012 at 08:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:16 PM
United States, CA, Visalia
Joined Oct 2004
194 Posts
I'm curious as to how much your LS weighs ad what do you think of it? Thanks Claude
claude60 is online now Find More Posts by claude60
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:25 PM
kdt
Joined Feb 2007
415 Posts
LS is a great model!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude60 View Post
I'm curious as to how much your LS weighs ad what do you think of it? Thanks Claude
The LS is awesome and a great all around. I flew it in three rounds only as the wind made the C80 the better choice. The C80 was full of ballast on most flights. The ballast added about 840g. The LS was backup with the same added weight. To be honest I have not weighed either model in their all up condition. I will figure it out and post later.
Last edited by kdt; Aug 15, 2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:49 AM
Joined Apr 2012
14 Posts
If you don't screw the right screw in the right screw socket, you're screwed...
I was told that one screw up was due to the pilot screwing the screws in the wrong screw socket..
Apparently the launch was screwed...

Screw that!
Big screw in the front and small screw in the back...

As a famous polish doctor once said....
Ricko Ticko... It goes up, and then it is %{}}>]ed!

As Martin Weberscock once sung to the drunk swedes at chrudim
"no launching, no cry"

Wise words, but fiegle should take note of the wise Rastafarian....
I'll be damed if he wins a third worlds...

Just as well Phillip will be back and jolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Jones View Post
Mine were the early versions. They can carry 4 x brass slugs in total. Each slug is about 160g. Later versions have slightly longer ballast tubes I believe.

Often in windy slots I flew with full ballast (approx 640g) because the thermals were quite strong and the journey home very long
Ricko Ticko is offline Find More Posts by Ricko Ticko
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:22 PM
Joined Jul 2012
43 Posts
You talk a language all of your own Ricko Ticko

I have a sneeking suspicion of the man behind the alias however

I certainly didn't see a Mr Ricko Ticko listed in the prelim contest results or the worlds...but I'm pretty sure he was there in his real life disguise..

Neil Jones is offline Find More Posts by Neil Jones
Last edited by Neil Jones; Aug 23, 2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 08:08 PM
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Sep 2002
1,104 Posts
I got a chance to maiden my new Perfection today. I can say it is a keeper. I got close to two hours of flight time on only four total flights. My last flight was over an hour. I was just having fun playing catch and release and reading ground signs to try and spot lift. Was down below 50 feet 3 or 4 times. Had a lady walk while I was flying and was very inquisitive about how it all worked. Was kind of neat to be able to explain the ground signs and then showing her by flying the plane into lift and going back up. She watched for the whole flight and kept asking questions about where she could find more info about it on the web. Can't wait to get out again next weekend. Oh the thing was a landing machine as well.

See ya,

Pat
pmccleave is offline Find More Posts by pmccleave
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:18 PM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Sep 2008
2,429 Posts
Pictures please. . Makes me want one with a great report like that what layup options are there ?
AlpineDSacro is offline Find More Posts by AlpineDSacro
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: new plane
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:13 AM
Nederland, ZE, Zierikzee
Joined Dec 2010
54 Posts
Hello.

For layup options look here.

http://www.f3j.com/perfection.htm
Adrie1966 is offline Find More Posts by Adrie1966
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:33 AM
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Sep 2002
1,104 Posts
Perfection Pics

Here is a picture of my Perfection and my Egida chilling together after a great day of flying. My Perfection is the C68 Layup and came it at just at 71.2 oz and my Egida is the standard layup and it came in at 61.3 oz. Both are great performers and in my opinion are two of the top gliders available out there at this time.

See Ya,

Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineDSacro View Post
Pictures please. . Makes me want one with a great report like that what layup options are there ?
pmccleave is offline Find More Posts by pmccleave
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:14 PM
United States, NY, Hopewell Junction
Joined Sep 2004
138 Posts
In the process of installing wing servos in my Perfection so went to Samba's website for the latest info. I see that they have changed the suggested throws rather severely. For example, they now suggest 30mm up and 12mm down for aileron throw. Used to be 14mm/13mm. Also numerous smaller changes all around, but ailerons are a biggy. Do you guys find need for so much aileron??

They say to set up flap servos with arm about 20 degrees toward flaps and then use flap offset to get the arms back to 90 degrees to the case. Then they want you to connect the linkage with the flaps in section and the flap arms still at 90. With flaps fully retracted on mine, after setting up servos the way they suggest, my servo arms are 20 degrees or so forward of perpendicular. Seems to me that this is the proper location so that the flaps will have more range of motion to the downside.

Anyway, unless somebody here can show me why I should change things, I 'm going to leave them as I have them. I think they are wrong to suggest moving the servo to get the arm to 90 degrees before connecting the flap "in section". If I were to do that, I'd have tons of flap up when the stick is returned to flaps full up.
rcglider is offline Find More Posts by rcglider
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:45 AM
Joined Jul 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcglider View Post
In the process of installing wing servos in my Perfection so went to Samba's website for the latest info. I see that they have changed the suggested throws rather severely. For example, they now suggest 30mm up and 12mm down for aileron throw. Used to be 14mm/13mm. Also numerous smaller changes all around, but ailerons are a biggy. Do you guys find need for so much aileron??

They say to set up flap servos with arm about 20 degrees toward flaps and then use flap offset to get the arms back to 90 degrees to the case. Then they want you to connect the linkage with the flaps in section and the flap arms still at 90. With flaps fully retracted on mine, after setting up servos the way they suggest, my servo arms are 20 degrees or so forward of perpendicular. Seems to me that this is the proper location so that the flaps will have more range of motion to the downside.

Anyway, unless somebody here can show me why I should change things, I 'm going to leave them as I have them. I think they are wrong to suggest moving the servo to get the arm to 90 degrees before connecting the flap "in section". If I were to do that, I'd have tons of flap up when the stick is returned to flaps full up.
I would do whatever you normally do for setting up the flap linkage - the Perfection is like anything else in this respect with similar geometry to most.

With regards to the new aileron movements they work. It makes the plane very responsive without being twitchy and the amount of differential is spot on. I have been flying with settings very similar to my old Perfects with reasonable success but the new settings work better for me.

Hope this helps
Neil Jones is offline Find More Posts by Neil Jones
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:09 PM
LSF V aspirant
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Oct 2006
2,412 Posts
Rudder throw 30mm adequate?

You guys with a bit of time on the Perfection...have you found a need for more than the 30mm rudder throw Samba specifies? The ball link setup leaves a lot to be desired, and only allows ~30mm throw to the right before things start binding up.

Tom
tewatson is offline Find More Posts by tewatson
Old Oct 01, 2012, 01:15 AM
kdt
Joined Feb 2007
415 Posts
Rudder throw

I will have to measure mine but it seems close. I may have been getting a bit more than 30mm. The Perfection likes to be flown with rudder in very light conditions. Less so when the wind and airspeed picks up. I coupled rudder to ailerons just enough to get the fuse to roll on axis and it varies with the amount of camber and differential you use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tewatson View Post
You guys with a bit of time on the Perfection...have you found a need for more than the 30mm rudder throw Samba specifies? The ball link setup leaves a lot to be desired, and only allows ~30mm throw to the right before things start binding up.

Tom
Old Oct 01, 2012, 03:28 AM
Australia, WA, Capel
Joined Dec 2009
152 Posts
Rudder Throw

Hi All
My Perfection Is here,
rudder throw left 30mm
Rudder throw right 8mm & then gets stuck l have same problem with the
Elevator as well lots of down throw & hardly any up before it gets stuck to.
Any help will be much appreciated
Cheers Eddy
f3f-f3b is offline Find More Posts by f3f-f3b
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:17 AM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Sep 2008
2,429 Posts
Holy smokes you have a fancy collection !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! drool
AlpineDSacro is offline Find More Posts by AlpineDSacro
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: new plane