Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:34 PM
Build, Fly, Maintain, Repeat..
United States, VA, Alexandria
Joined Nov 2008
2,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyav16 View Post
Welcome back. Good for you guys. Lots of repair jobs for you. J/K
It took me quite a long time to get caught up, I was offline for several days. It looks like you all had a grand time breaking things. It also looks like a very successful maiden on the FPV/UAV from Dave. What a great team effort. Wish I could have been there to track it in the air with mine

Some day
mirored is offline Find More Posts by mirored
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:54 PM
Fly Low-Fly 3D-Fly Often
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Oct 2009
5,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirored View Post
I am back from my cruise. What a great time we had. It was just plain good to get away for a break.
Welcome back Andy. Glad to know you had a great time.
SalamSyed is offline Find More Posts by SalamSyed
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:54 PM
amo ludibria ventis
United States, VA, Chantilly
Joined Oct 2010
7,406 Posts
Oh man!!! I thought you were keeping it for good an adding a 30cc. I had coveted that sucker for a while. Just recently blew my stash on surface stuff other random stuff. I'm sure it will find a happy home quickly!!

Quote:
Ok guys, before it goes viral, I am opening the gates to a super plane that many of you have seen fly. I am parting ways with my Hangar 9 Taylorcraft.

Attachment 5545656

Why, they say? Well, pretty easy. It has served it's purpose well and I am on to my next phase. I have the following plane coming to my house tomorrow.

Attachment 5545614
PontiusPilate is offline Find More Posts by PontiusPilate
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:01 PM
Fly Low-Fly 3D-Fly Often
Joined Oct 2009
5,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiusPilate View Post
Oh man!!! I thought you were keeping it for good an adding a 30cc. I had coveted that sucker for a while. Just recently blew my stash on surface stuff other random stuff. I'm sure it will find a happy home quickly!!
If you remember, i am sure you do. I asked you to keep your stash intact and there will be a plane waiting for you. Now the plane is here but stash is gone. LOL
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:02 PM
Sponsored by U.S Border Patrol
Woodbridge, VA
Joined Jan 2010
6,475 Posts
Quote:
Ok guys, before it goes viral, I am opening the gates to a super plane that many of you have seen fly. I am parting ways with my Hangar 9 Taylorcraft.

Attachment 5545656

Why, they say? Well, pretty easy. It has served it's purpose well and I am on to my next phase. I have the following plane coming to my house tomorrow.

Attachment 5545614

This is going to serve many purposes, some that the T-craft just can't. It will give the ability to continue breaking in the engines for the B24 but also give me practice on a multi-engine plane. I believe it will be totally necessary to get a lot of multi-engine practice under my belt before I take on the maiden of the B24, so time to get started now.

If you are interested in the T-craft, let me know. I will need room in the trailer. I am not going to give it away, but I will make it available to my friends here for a reasonable price, less than I will be asking if I take it away to the classifieds. I can make it available in many different forms, BNF (Futaba), RX ready, DLE20, DLE30, lots of options.

As you know, I take very good care of my planes and this one is in pristine shape. Shoot me a note at andy@galaxyinternet.net if you are interested.
I believe Oso called first bid on the Taylorcraft.
garyav16 is online now Find More Posts by garyav16
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:09 PM
amo ludibria ventis
Joined Oct 2010
7,406 Posts
Not even close, that was way after the fact. :-p doesn't make a difference now though, I've got no cheddar!

Quote:
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:11 PM
amo ludibria ventis
Joined Oct 2010
7,406 Posts
Lol true, but at least I'll run the surface stuff more often than I would this. :-) would just be nice to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalamSyed View Post
If you remember, i am sure you do. I asked you to keep your stash intact and there will be a plane waiting for you. Now the plane is here but stash is gone. LOL
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:16 PM
Woodbridge, VA
Joined Jan 2010
6,475 Posts
Quote:
Not even close, that was way after the fact. :-p doesn't make a difference now though, I've got no cheddar!
I'm just going by one of his post a few days ago, cash in hand and his presence at the flying field. Other than that I know nothing else.

I also asked about it a long while ago but trying to be deciplined this year with RC spending.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:22 PM
Build, Fly, Maintain, Repeat..
United States, VA, Alexandria
Joined Nov 2008
2,180 Posts
Quote:
I am honoring it. He and I have discussed it. He hasn't refused, I am just exploring options. He has a new krill to put to use
mirored is offline Find More Posts by mirored
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:23 PM
amo ludibria ventis
Joined Oct 2010
7,406 Posts
Nevermind
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:25 PM
Woodbridge, VA
Joined Jan 2010
6,475 Posts
Quote:
Again, not that it matters, but I mentioned it originally when he first decided on it as the break-in platform for his engines for the bomber. But as I mentioned I'm out. If you want to argue about something, I'm always up for politics and religion discussion lol.
Cool. I'll keep it mind the next time I see you at the field.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:26 PM
Woodbridge, VA
Joined Jan 2010
6,475 Posts
Salam,

Did you take a look at the spinner site I sent you?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:35 PM
Fly Low-Fly 3D-Fly Often
Joined Oct 2009
5,566 Posts
Quote:
Salam,

Did you take a look at the spinner site I sent you?
I did. I am exploring some other sites/sellers as well. Will share and discuss with you.

I like these. The back plate i have will work with both 3 and 2 blade spinners.

http://www.desertaircraft.com/page.p...ejzlikSpinners
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:41 PM
Woodbridge, VA
Joined Jan 2010
6,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalamSyed View Post
I did. I am exploring some other sites/sellers as well. Will share and discuss with you.

I like these. The back plate i have will work with both 3 and 2 blade spinners.

http://www.desertaircraft.com/page.p...ejzlikSpinners
Oh yea. Those are always nice. Recommended with the mej props we use. Thought that was something you had looked at already and was just looking for something different. They're nice.

Whatever you do don't drill your props until you get them if you do. The prop bolt holes may not line up if you get the back plate pre drilled
Last edited by garyav16; Feb 17, 2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:42 PM
Retreating Blade Stall
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2011
3,270 Posts
Quote:

Attachment 5545656

Attachment 5545614

This is going to serve many purposes, some that the T-craft just can't. It will give the ability to continue breaking in the engines for the B24 but also give me practice on a multi-engine plane. I believe it will be totally necessary to get a lot of multi-engine practice under my belt before I take on the maiden of the B24, so time to get started now.

If you are interested in the T-craft, let me know. I will need room in the trailer. I am not going to give it away, but I will make it available to my friends here for a reasonable price, less than I will be asking if I take it away to the classifieds. I can make it available in many different forms, BNF (Futaba), RX ready, DLE20, DLE30, lots of options.

As you know, I take very good care of my planes and this one is in pristine shape. Shoot me a note at andy@galaxyinternet.net if you are interested.
What is that Black Beauty? It sure looks mean, and awesome.
Arcturus97 is online now Find More Posts by Arcturus97