HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:40 AM
I love my HammerHead wing...
Joined Jun 2012
727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattaya01 View Post
On the video, I was testing version 1.6. However, as mentioned in a previous post, it shows too high current and consequently too high total mA/Hr useage. For the real values, please deduct about 50%. My average current consumption is around 11A. I use 2 nano tech 4000mA/Hr batteries in parallel. So now I change back to version 1.5. The current indication for 1.5 is very accurate.
OMG!
How do you take off your raptor with 2x4000 lipos? I see no wheels installed.
Do you throw it by hand?
I am using a 5000 4s for motor and a 2200 3s for avionics and I am having a really hard time to get it on the air.

Thank you for your answers

Sakis
sgrouts is offline Find More Posts by sgrouts
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:25 AM
When a hobby gets a passion
Thailand, Chon Buri, Pattaya
Joined Sep 2012
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrouts View Post
OMG!
How do you take off your raptor with 2x4000 lipos? I see no wheels installed.
Do you throw it by hand?
I am using a 5000 4s for motor and a 2200 3s for avionics and I am having a really hard time to get it on the air.

Thank you for your answers

Sakis
Total weight of my Raptor now exceeds 2Kg, so impossible to launch by hand. I made a trolly for it, so I can take off like having landing gear. I'll post a picture of it tomorrow for you. Makes take off real easy.
Pattaya01 is offline Find More Posts by Pattaya01
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined Sep 2012
782 Posts
As promised.

I made this from 2cm styropor from an old box. You can also buy in any hardware store. The Fuselage from the Rator fits exactly in between the sides, with a little space on each side. During take off, you can still steer the trolly with the rudder, even it has 4 wheels. I also tried 3 wheels where the last wheel was free steering, but this is much better. You only need to make small corrections to keep the nose in the wind. Take off speed is around 45Km/hr. Just give a little but up elevator and it frees itself from the trolly. It's that simple.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:35 PM
I love my HammerHead wing...
Joined Jun 2012
727 Posts
Quote:
As promised.
Thank you once more.
sgrouts is offline Find More Posts by sgrouts
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:49 PM
Joined Sep 2012
782 Posts
Current indication Hornet

Feiyutech found and fixed the problem with the current indication. I upload the files they send me. Of course I do not take any responsibility using these files. They are as mailed to me by Feiyutech and were indicated as version 1.7
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:53 PM
Joined Sep 2012
782 Posts
Uploading as bin files was not possible, so I renamed them as .txt files. Just rename back to .bin file.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:00 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Uploading as bin files was not possible, so I renamed them as .txt files. Just rename back to .bin file.
What is the difference between the two files?
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:07 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Never mind, I looked it up, one is for plane attitude and the other for horizon!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:45 PM
Joined Sep 2012
782 Posts
One more thing, all indications for distance and speed are Imperial!!!! No metric. I already asked how to switch to metric.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:21 PM
Joined Sep 2012
782 Posts
Incompetent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by motofox View Post
It makes feiyutech look very incompetent.
I agree with you to a certain degree. I have been thinking about this remark for a few days and my experience with them is as follows:

- You report a problem
- They will reply with some nonsense to make you happy
- So you report the problem again, with more evidence
- They will reply, telling they will sort out the problem
- When it gets difficult, no reply at all
- After solving the problem (or part of it) they will proudly present the result

But in case of the hornet sw for example, they sent me a version that shows miles and feet. The solution is only half the solution.

In my professional life, I have been working with Asian companies, and specially with Chinese companies. What I see here is exactly what I have seen before. I think it is embedded in the culture. Loosing your face is everything. It's better to offer half a solution or just keep silent then admitting there is something wrong. That would be very embarrassing and makes you loose your face.

I think they are competent in what they are doing. If I look at the products they have and the way they work, I can only say the price/performance is OK. The products do what they are supposed to do for a reasonable price. I also bear in mind that these products are a niche market and are innovative.

So yes, to a certain degree the are competent, to a certain degree they aren't. I checked the website this morning, version 1.6 is still there, with wrong current indication.........

Version 1.5 shows correct current, wrong total flight time...........
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:33 AM
voyager4
The Netherlands, NH, Den Helder
Joined Sep 2005
30 Posts
Do I have to upload both files?
voyager4 is offline Find More Posts by voyager4
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:55 AM
Banff Alberta Canada
Joined Nov 2004
569 Posts
Sloppy Programming

Quote:
I agree with you to a certain degree. I have been thinking about this remark for a few days and my experience with them is as follows:

- You report a problem
- They will reply with some nonsense to make you happy
- So you report the problem again, with more evidence
- They will reply, telling they will sort out the problem
- When it gets difficult, no reply at all

So yes, to a certain degree the are competent, to a certain degree they aren't. I checked the website this morning, version 1.6 is still there, with wrong current indication.........

Version 1.5 shows correct current, wrong total flight time...........
Here we are seeing sloppy programming being done and being released
without being tested.
Totally incompetent.
larry baraniuk is offline Find More Posts by larry baraniuk
Last edited by larry baraniuk; Nov 14, 2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:26 PM
Banff Alberta Canada
Joined Nov 2004
569 Posts
Quote:
A few days ago I upgraded the software from the Hornet to version 1.6

This morning, I had the scariest experience ever!! After take off and sending my plane on a 25km trip, I noticed after a few minutes the current consumption of my motor was much too high. Being already out of range from my transmitter, I had no alternative but to wait for come back. After about 30 minutes, total used capacity exceeded the capacity of my battery, but I was still flying. I then realized, there must be something wrong with the numbers on the screen. After safe landing, I checked and found this:

Actual current consumption Shown on screen
5A 8A
10A 16.5A

This was not the case with the previous software.

Also the clock with the total flight time is not correct, about 30% too slow....

I have emailed Feiyutech and asked them how to solve this problem.

Or if anyone else knows how to solve, I'll be glad to know.
Luckily the new version of software showed you higher current consumption instead of less .
It really bothers me that Feiyutech would release this version of software and leave it up to it's consumers to test it out.
Imagine if there new version of software showed lower current consumption than your plane actually used . Anybody trying out this new version could have there plane crash down to the ground ( who knows where) because there battery went dead.
A drone crash like this could give the hobby a bad name and more importantly probably kill somebody.
We should be very cautious of trying out new versions of Feiyutech software.
Close circuit flights around the air field should be done first , then you should
recharge your battery and compare your displayed battery consumption to how
many Mha's your battery took to charge it.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:39 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
I dunno why everyone is so worried about mAh consumed anyway, it's never going to be all that accurate, just use voltage it will always be proper .
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:16 PM
Banff Alberta Canada
Joined Nov 2004
569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
I dunno why everyone is so worried about mAh consumed anyway, it's never going to be all that accurate, just use voltage it will always be proper .
Mha consumption is your real fuel gage.