Banff Alberta Canada
Joined Nov 2004
569 Posts
A Common Problm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistaJ View Post
I need some help.
I have installed the GCS 3.0
It openes up but I am getting no map. I am a new user of this all, learning. So far I was able to update the 31AP to version 2.0, installed google earth, but that is all.
I thought the map would somehow opened automaticaly once the google earth is installed ant the pc is connected to internet.
Thanks
Other than making sure that the program is being run as an administrator there seems to be something else that is causing a problem with getting google earth to display.
I had my system working fine and then after not using it for a while I started to have issues Google Earth not working.
I don't like the idea of having to always have to upgrade firmware to make something work properly.
Maybe open source is the solution to this kind of a problem.
larry baraniuk is offline Find More Posts by larry baraniuk
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:42 PM
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,129 Posts
I would recommend using the 2D gcs, it has everything you need and don't have to realy on Google earth at the field.
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:48 PM
Joined Oct 2009
172 Posts
Which of them is it?
I installed the first one.
PistaJ is offline Find More Posts by PistaJ
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:45 AM
Praying for better weather
Joined Dec 2007
4,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattaya01 View Post

I have noticed another issue though. Using the GCS and other Feiyu sofware may screw up your PC. I had big problem using another graphic program after I installed and removed GCS. After removal, it also removes a graphic DLL that is crucial for your PC to work normally.

So be aware on which PC you are installing the software. I now only install Feiyu software on my non-critical notebook.
I found out the hard way with this. I installed the new GCS, couldnt get it to work so uninstalled it and reverted to the older version. But now my laptop has a lot of conflicts ( only 2 weeks old ) and I have no idea how to fix the missing files Firefox browser has never worked since

On another note, on my Asw on selecting RTH it banks way too much ( nearly 90 degrees ) very sharply. It also snakes between home ( again because its over correcting )

So I think dropping P should cure both, not sure though.

How much of a P value drop should I give it from 50 as a good starting point and should I be looking at changing the I or D value for the snaking or should dropping P sort that out as well ?

Cheers
Coyote64 is offline Find More Posts by Coyote64
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:27 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
Problem

Last few flights have almost resulted in a crash. Seems my fy-31ap has a sudden change in direction it is unable to handle it. For example the artificial horizon on the OSD is incorrect and once landed the control surfaces do not have the correct deflection. Returning to RC mode has been the saviour.

Today I updated the firmware, initialised the gyro via the software when connected to my laptop. Also set the neutral point. All was ok until some sudden movements, sharp turn or bank etc. it's very bad. Even when this happens and I land it the artificial horizon is incorrect on the ground and takes upto a minute to sort it's self out.

Any ideas?

Is resetting the gyro as described in the manual with the jumper different from the button in the software?
Integratedneck is offline Find More Posts by Integratedneck
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:03 AM
Banff Alberta Canada
Joined Nov 2004
569 Posts
2d gcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
I would recommend using the 2D gcs, it has everything you need and don't have to realy on Google earth at the field.
I still haven't had a chance to try the 2D GCS software yet.
Just checked out your video on the 2D GCS overview and it looks like it will do the job .

2d GCS overview (11 min 47 sec)
larry baraniuk is offline Find More Posts by larry baraniuk
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:48 PM
Norway, Nordland, Leknes
Joined Jun 2012
86 Posts
Change between Waypoint, heading or altitude mode

Here is how you change between the different modes Waypoint, Heading or Fixed Altitude hold on the 31ap. Dont know i you have to have 2.0fw, but so i heard. I asked feiyu, and they answered very quick and thats my experience with them every time. Heard some say they dont answer.....

Tried the Fixed Altitude alittle today and it seemed to work, Hornet still showed NAV when it was selected but the plane flew straight and level, before it use to turn one way or the other when NAV was selected without using waypoints.

Have always heard that the 31ap only could do waypoints, until Steve here said he had one that was in Altitude or Heading mode, so i went and asked Feiyu if it could be done.

I find it strange that it isnt more known since it was kinda obvious, atleast for users of GCS.
'
Anyway this is how:
Dear Sir
You should use our GCS to change the mode.
FYGCS 2D 3.0
You can download from our website:
http://www.feiyu-tech.com/download-e...d=43&nav_num=6
Directly connect FY-31AP to the GCS.

Then choose "Option"------"31AP_Navigation_Mode_Conf"

Best regards!
Feiyu Team
service

Bjoern
Thidsa is offline Find More Posts by Thidsa
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:04 AM
Joined Oct 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Integratedneck View Post
Last few flights have almost resulted in a crash. Seems my fy-31ap has a sudden change in direction it is unable to handle it. For example the artificial horizon on the OSD is incorrect and once landed the control surfaces do not have the correct deflection. Returning to RC mode has been the saviour.

Today I updated the firmware, initialised the gyro via the software when connected to my laptop. Also set the neutral point. All was ok until some sudden movements, sharp turn or bank etc. it's very bad. Even when this happens and I land it the artificial horizon is incorrect on the ground and takes upto a minute to sort it's self out.

Any ideas?

Is resetting the gyro as described in the manual with the jumper different from the button in the software?
Integratedneck

Sounds like you are having the same issue as I was, does the redlight continually flash ? even after resetting the gyros. (as far as I know using GCS and Jumper is the same) my plane goes out of control as soon as I put it in any mode other than RC. the Artificial Horizon is all over the place after I do a banking turn.

youtube.com/watch?v=oqWt0MyftTM

I have contacted Fyetech twice but they don't answer my email, wish I had never bought this thing only has 4 flights on it, bloody waste of money.
Peter64 is offline Find More Posts by Peter64
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:59 AM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2012
808 Posts
My artificial horizon Went mad too leading to the complete distruction pf my plane..
motofox is online now Find More Posts by motofox
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:39 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
Away for work at the moment but will check the LEDs when I get back.
Integratedneck is offline Find More Posts by Integratedneck
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:49 AM
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Jan 2012
1,092 Posts
Hi Thidsa,

Have you sorted this error with mapmaker yet?
[URL="http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attachmentNew.php?attachmentid=5212533"]

Carlos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thidsa View Post
I get this error....with mapmaker

Bjoern
czorzella is online now Find More Posts by czorzella
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:43 PM
go ahead and try
Canada, ON, Maynooth
Joined Nov 2011
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter64 View Post
Integratedneck

Sounds like you are having the same issue as I was, does the redlight continually flash ? even after resetting the gyros. (as far as I know using GCS and Jumper is the same) my plane goes out of control as soon as I put it in any mode other than RC. the Artificial Horizon is all over the place after I do a banking turn.

youtube.com/watch?v=oqWt0MyftTM

I have contacted Fyetech twice but they don't answer my email, wish I had never bought this thing only has 4 flights on it, bloody waste of money.
Do you think that the crashes resulted in a shock to the FY31? perhaps the unit it has been damaged?
simplyfly is offline Find More Posts by simplyfly
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:22 PM
Norway, Nordland, Leknes
Joined Jun 2012
86 Posts
No i have not, sorry. Do you have it too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by czorzella View Post
Hi Thidsa,

Have you sorted this error with mapmaker yet?
[URL="http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attachmentNew.php?attachmentid=5212533"]

Carlos
Thidsa is offline Find More Posts by Thidsa
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:45 PM
Praying for better weather
Joined Dec 2007
4,213 Posts
Quote:
On another note, on my Asw on selecting RTH it banks way too much ( nearly 90 degrees ) very sharply. It also snakes between home ( again because its over correcting )

So I think dropping P should cure both, not sure though.

How much of a P value drop should I give it from 50 as a good starting point and should I be looking at changing the I or D value for the snaking or should dropping P sort that out as well ?

Cheers
Anyone ?
Coyote64 is offline Find More Posts by Coyote64
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:56 PM
Joined Oct 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyfly View Post
Do you think that the crashes resulted in a shock to the FY31? perhaps the unit it has been damaged?
simplyfly

I haven't crashed it. I have taken it out of the plane, I won't fly with it.
Peter64 is offline Find More Posts by Peter64