HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:14 PM
wwd
La Mesa, California
Joined Jan 2010
38 Posts
Hello Again,
this is the exact message I get, hope this may help. This comes the the Map Maker program when I press get map

Map Maker
runtime error
/_2147024156(800702e4)';

Don't know if this information helps but this is the message I get.
Thank You for Your time,
Wwd
wwd is offline Find More Posts by wwd
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:27 PM
wwd
La Mesa, California
Joined Jan 2010
38 Posts
Hello,
the error numbers seems to be some sort of control for user accounts. Am working on it now. Hopefully I can figure this out and post a positive result.
Thanks for Your time,
Wwd
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:31 PM
wwd
La Mesa, California
Joined Jan 2010
38 Posts
Hello Again,
ok, it is run as administrator error. I had read that about the other programs but did not equate it to this one. Anyway all seems well. Sorry for my slow learning progress and again,Thank You for Your time,
Wwd
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:32 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,962 Posts
no problem... all FY programs need to be "run as administrator"

Glad you have it sorted!!!

Let me know how it works for you and if my video made sense.

Steve
saabguyspg is online now Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:13 PM
When a hobby gets a passion
Thailand, Chon Buri, Pattaya
Joined Sep 2012
762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
These are from the panda which should be the same...

PID parameter tab

Attitude control 50
attitude integer 5
Hdg dampening 50

wording may vary becuase I am too lazy to type in chinglish

Steve

No, unfortunately they are not the same. Anyway, thanks for the reply, hope to get the FY31AP settings.
Pattaya01 is offline Find More Posts by Pattaya01
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:13 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,962 Posts
ummmm I am pretty sure they are

I have both and those are the ones I always revert to when I want to start over..

what ones are you most concerned with?
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:22 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,962 Posts
here is a link to a manual where it shows all the defaults in the photos... they are almost exactly the same..

hope this helps

http://www.sierra.ro/upload/Image/FP...GCS_Manual.pdf

Steve
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:07 AM
Joined Jul 2011
22 Posts
In the Fy31ap manual side offest damp 60, in the panda manual side offest damp 5. Why?
Sitas is offline Find More Posts by Sitas
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:25 AM
Norway, Nordland, Leknes
Joined Jun 2012
86 Posts
I get this error....with mapmaker

Bjoern
Thidsa is offline Find More Posts by Thidsa
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:27 AM
Flying Zayin
China, Guangdong, Guangzhou
Joined May 2012
795 Posts
Gentlemen,
first of all, I have read the *F* manual... and I haven't found an answer there.

I'm a complete novice in fpv so pardon my questions

1 - Am I right presuming that once I switch to using a so called data link a.k.a. data modem or data radio I stop using my 'normal' receiver on the plane's end; instead I use it on the ground as part of the ground station set up?
2 - If yes, that means I don't need to use the 'big' female plug that normally goes into the lower right side of the AP unit, and this lower right 8-pin connector remains vacant... Instead, the data link's 4-hole plug goes into the UART part of the AP, is this correct?
3 - If it is correct, that means OSD has nowhere to be plugged in because there is only one UART connector, and the manual reads "This interface connects to the data radio, PC computer serial port or OSD module". Does it mean I have to solder a parallel two-head cable so that I can plug both data link and OSD into the UART connector of the AP unit?

Thank you.
Cathay Stray is online now Find More Posts by Cathay Stray
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:50 AM
When a hobby gets a passion
Thailand, Chon Buri, Pattaya
Joined Sep 2012
762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
here is a link to a manual where it shows all the defaults in the photos... they are almost exactly the same..

hope this helps

http://www.sierra.ro/upload/Image/FP...GCS_Manual.pdf

Steve
Yes, this does help ----- a bit. Not all data is listed. But anyway, I got an automated reply from Feiyu that they are on holiday, starting again tomorrow. So maybe they will give me the full set. Would be a very nice option of you could just press a button "Load factory settings". Thanks for your help.
Pattaya01 is offline Find More Posts by Pattaya01
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:00 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,962 Posts
side offset dampening is one to play with in flight..

on m 31AP I have it cranked up to 70 and in Panda I have around the same value.

This i find is how hard it tries to keep to a straight line and follow course... play with it.. you won't crash because of it but the plane will really zig zag if it's too low...

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitas View Post
In the Fy31ap manual side offest damp 60, in the panda manual side offest damp 5. Why?
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:03 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,962 Posts
1. No please do not use the data link to fly your plane. Use your receiver to fly and the data modem to tune etc. Using the data link creates too much latency (delay) of course this is just my opinon but it's my strongest recommendation.

2. There should be a parallel cable from the osd to the 31AP such that the data modem shares the data. Note that you will not have voltage amps etc in your GCS if you use get the data on the OSD.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathay Stray View Post
Gentlemen,
first of all, I have read the *F* manual... and I haven't found an answer there.

I'm a complete novice in fpv so pardon my questions

1 - Am I right presuming that once I switch to using a so called data link a.k.a. data modem or data radio I stop using my 'normal' receiver on the plane's end; instead I use it on the ground as part of the ground station set up?
2 - If yes, that means I don't need to use the 'big' female plug that normally goes into the lower right side of the AP unit, and this lower right 8-pin connector remains vacant... Instead, the data link's 4-hole plug goes into the UART part of the AP, is this correct?
3 - If it is correct, that means OSD has nowhere to be plugged in because there is only one UART connector, and the manual reads "This interface connects to the data radio, PC computer serial port or OSD module". Does it mean I have to solder a parallel two-head cable so that I can plug both data link and OSD into the UART connector of the AP unit?

Thank you.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:04 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,962 Posts
agreed and I will suggest them to do this as well... or you can say I second the suggestion as they know me fairly well.

OK what are you missing? I can give you values to start with.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattaya01 View Post
Yes, this does help ----- a bit. Not all data is listed. But anyway, I got an automated reply from Feiyu that they are on holiday, starting again tomorrow. So maybe they will give me the full set. Would be a very nice option of you could just press a button "Load factory settings". Thanks for your help.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:06 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,648 Posts
Can anyone else running FY31AP 2.0 firmware confirm if the version number programmed it to it is wrong? I flashed 2.0 to my FY the other day and after programming it still read 1.2, but I am thinking they may have forgot to update the version # in the firmware.

Other then that it does seem to fly a bit better now, they must of worked on the routines some.
NorCalMatCat is online now Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Let'sFPV UBEC 1 WEEK SALE