HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:23 PM
Melbourne, Australia.
Joined Jul 2006
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Integratedneck View Post
Yesterday I tested the auto circle. On both attempts I found the auto circle was not able to keep the plane in the same location with respect to the ground. I switched on auto circle with the plane about 150m in front of me. The plane circled fine but was progressively being blown down wind. I was thinking the auto circle was based on a gps location. After being blown down wind for about 450m it continued to circle but was directly in the sun. I could not see it. I expected it to work by eventually compensating and flyinging back to the original circle point once it deviated far enough away. I ended up using rtl and it
Oriented the plane back to me. I then took manual control once I could clearly see its direct.

Is auto circle just making the plane circle or is it supposed to circle about a gps reference and shouldn't drift? Almost lost the plane but I was lucky. Next time I will only fly with fpv so I can alway see its orientation.
The ACM mode when engaged is the centre of the circle. My 31AP has performed fine in all modes. It flys around the centre point until disengaged and is very accurate in both altitude and the diameter of the circle (unless the plane is flying very fast where the diameter is harder for it to maintain in my experience)

This applies to RTH. When the plane gets to the home position it makes a right turn and then does the left circle.Again this has in my case been extremely accurate and repeatable.The one difference is when my approach speed is very high the diameter is higher than set in the pid's.

How many satellites are you getting as I can't think of any other reason for it to drift.

Mike.
miksterr is offline Find More Posts by miksterr
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2012, 03:42 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
I have between 8 to 10 satellites. Today tested it again with a friend through fpv. Tried return to launch it would do hard circles around and around and not actually move close to home just be blown around down wind in circles. Possibly the gains are too high? Will spend some time checking it with the software. possibly my circle is to tight it certainly banks very hard but maintains altitude.
Integratedneck is offline Find More Posts by Integratedneck
Old Aug 05, 2012, 11:57 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
How does the data radio hook up to a setup with a FY31AP + Hornet OSD? Does the link between the FY and OSD just get split off to the radio as well?
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Old Aug 06, 2012, 04:27 AM
Addicted to Foamies
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2006
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
How does the data radio hook up to a setup with a FY31AP + Hornet OSD? Does the link between the FY and OSD just get split off to the radio as well?
Yes.

Chris
GasmanR is offline Find More Posts by GasmanR
Old Aug 06, 2012, 04:01 PM
Joined Dec 2006
95 Posts
Integratedneck: I had this problem.
With good advice from Coyote64, I reduced the aileron travel (mechanically) which stopped a hard bank and RTH was then OK.
PopHi is offline Find More Posts by PopHi
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:55 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
Hi Pophi,

Thanks for the response. I spent more time testing and found reducing the gains allowed the return to home function and auto circling to work better. I wil continue to monitor and reduce the mechanical throws by going to a closer servo horn hole on the ailerons. I find the automatic stabalization to be quite bumpy where rc control is smoother when looking at the video.
Integratedneck is offline Find More Posts by Integratedneck
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:46 AM
Joined Feb 2010
13 Posts
Error Numbers

On FY31 and Hornet OSD can anyone tell me what the AER0000 means or indicates on the screen display. I was reviewing my flight today every now and the zeros would change. I think the highest number I saw was about 23. Any help on what this means?
ducati749r is offline Find More Posts by ducati749r
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:56 AM
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,130 Posts
that is the error count, watch it as you go through all ranges of throttle,

the higher the number the less stability the plane will have.

anything under 100 is perfect... anything over 200-300 you may have troubles.

Always remember to switch to manual mode if ever you feel the autopilot is not giving proper feedback or your error goes too high.

all that being said I have flown my 21AP with 999 for error just to see and it still flew

Steve
saabguyspg is online now Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Aug 08, 2012, 03:22 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
I've never even seen my AERO number ever say anything BUT 0000
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Old Aug 08, 2012, 03:25 PM
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,130 Posts
that's good news!

yes that can happen.. don't worry it's functionoing
saabguyspg is online now Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Aug 10, 2012, 06:18 AM
Joined Feb 2010
13 Posts
[QUOTE=saabguyspg;22389733]that is the error count, watch it as you go through all ranges of throttle,

Thanks for the info glad to know its not something to worry about unless it get to high.
ducati749r is offline Find More Posts by ducati749r
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:23 PM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Dec 2011
595 Posts
HI all I was about to update my ft31ap a question arose. Do I need to update my fy31ap with all the firmware eg V1.10, V1.12 and V1.20 I know very little about firmware and for some reason I thought that V1.20 would include V1.12 and V1.10 updates.
Artful Owl is offline Find More Posts by Artful Owl
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:36 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,351 Posts
Just update to the latest one or the desired one.
hendrnk is online now Find More Posts by hendrnk
Old Aug 13, 2012, 03:56 AM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Dec 2011
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrnk View Post
Just update to the latest one or the desired one.
so I should update them all?
Artful Owl is offline Find More Posts by Artful Owl
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 13, 2012, 04:47 AM
Melbourne, Australia.
Joined Jul 2006
113 Posts
No. Of you want 1.2 it includes all updates to date. No need to go through them all.

Mike.
miksterr is offline Find More Posts by miksterr