HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 31, 2012, 06:59 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasmanR View Post
Hi all

Can someone please tell me the function of pins 8,7,6,5 on the 31-AP pin interface. They are labelled GND, Power, P1, P2 respectively but their function / purpose is not listed in the manual. Can I use pins 8 & 7 as power input from an ubec to avoid powering things from my esc via the throttle pins ?

Chris
Incorrect....
hendrnk is online now Find More Posts by hendrnk
Last edited by hendrnk; Jul 31, 2012 at 07:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:31 AM
Addicted to Foamies
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2006
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrnk View Post
Incorrect....
As one of our most colorful politicians used to say "Please explain?'

Chris
GasmanR is online now Find More Posts by GasmanR
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:51 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasmanR View Post
As one of our most colorful politicians used to say "Please explain?'

Chris
Sorry, I thought it was the link to the Hornet OSD. But I was "Incorrect".
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:42 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
Question. I have a brand new fy-31ap. Went to check the firmware was up-to-date. Says firmware v2.00. Is this correct. It's not posted on their website.

Thanks
Integratedneck is online now Find More Posts by Integratedneck
Old Aug 01, 2012, 03:41 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,619 Posts
Hrm, v2 for fy31ap, and a 1.5 for hornet, and neither are publically available yet...
NorCalMatCat is online now Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Let'sFPV UBEC 1 WEEK SALE
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:48 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,960 Posts
I tested the new 2D GCS yesterday... it works!!!! I like it.... I need to test and provide some more feedback then they will release.

Any other beta testers out there using it yet?

steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:57 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,619 Posts
I want to be a beta tester! :P
NorCalMatCat is online now Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Let'sFPV UBEC 1 WEEK SALE
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:57 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
I tested the new 2D GCS yesterday... it works!!!! I like it.... I need to test and provide some more feedback then they will release.

Any other beta testers out there using it yet?

steve
Is this the version for programming the FY-31AP on the ground before doing a NAV / waypoint flight. The old version sucked big time...hopefully this works 400% better..!!
Old Aug 01, 2012, 05:23 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,960 Posts
this version will allow you to create a map and work offline at the field with that map.

It seems much more stable than the other 3D vesion. cleaner to look at too.

for those of us with panda or 3ZT it also builds automatic flight grids.

If running in windows 7 make sure you are always running these as an administrator.

I agre teh 3D one is not great but it works 99% of the time for me... however I do understand it's not working for everyone and they know this... hence the 2D version.

Still some issues witht the map maker, that is the next thing they need to simplify.

Steve
Old Aug 02, 2012, 03:21 PM
ITALY
Joined Aug 2006
412 Posts
what did they improve with the v2 version??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
Hrm, v2 for fy31ap, and a 1.5 for hornet, and neither are publically available yet...
brifa is offline Find More Posts by brifa
Old Aug 02, 2012, 03:22 PM
ITALY
Joined Aug 2006
412 Posts
I'd like to set up the FAF function with the 2d cgs... how to do it??
when i set it up and then i re-enter in the menu i always find nav function. Is it normal?
thank you
brifa is offline Find More Posts by brifa
Old Aug 02, 2012, 06:38 PM
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Jan 2012
852 Posts
Both GCS versions handles the FAF function identically, but unfortunately it still not functioning both on the 2G and on the 3G versions.

It would be great if someone could test the FY31AP with version 2.00 and the Hornet with version 1.5 against the GCS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brifa View Post
I'd like to set up the FAF function with the 2d cgs... how to do it??
when i set it up and then i re-enter in the menu i always find nav function. Is it normal?
thank you
czorzella is offline Find More Posts by czorzella
Last edited by czorzella; Aug 03, 2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: removed link to video.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:58 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by czorzella View Post
Both GCS versions handles the FAF function identically, but unfortunately it still not functioning both on the 2G and on the 3G versions.

It would be great if someone could test the FY31AP with version 2.00 and the Hornet with version 1.5 against the GCS.
Hi, I have tested v2.00 auto circling and return to home work fine. The 3d version of the software is truly terrible. I hope they don't program the hardware like that. I had been fighting with the software for about a week to work. Which I am finally successful with. Seems when you have incoming serial data the software struggles to deal with it. But what I have found to work is to let the program load. On an old pc turn off all map features. Plug in the USB and then open the port but don't plug in the fy-31ap. One te port is open plug it in. This will stop windows turning it into a serial mouse.

My laptop is pretty slow. It a 1.3ghz and dual core. It can't deal with the poor parsing algorithms of the serial data in the software. It will lockup but as soon as I pull the tx line from the USB it responds back to life. Really my laptop is fast enough it's only low bandwidth data. A 1990s 486 could easily handle it. But it's their shocking .net programming letting it down.

So to make it responsive I turn the downlink rate to 4hz from the default 10hz. With this my laptop can handle the data and the program remains responsive.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 12:47 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,960 Posts
4hz is more than enough
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:02 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
V2.00 firmware test

Yesterday I tested the auto circle. On both attempts I found the auto circle was not able to keep the plane in the same location with respect to the ground. I switched on auto circle with the plane about 150m in front of me. The plane circled fine but was progressively being blown down wind. I was thinking the auto circle was based on a gps location. After being blown down wind for about 450m it continued to circle but was directly in the sun. I could not see it. I expected it to work by eventually compensating and flyinging back to the original circle point once it deviated far enough away. I ended up using rtl and it
Oriented the plane back to me. I then took manual control once I could clearly see its direct.

Is auto circle just making the plane circle or is it supposed to circle about a gps reference and shouldn't drift? Almost lost the plane but I was lucky. Next time I will only fly with fpv so I can alway see its orientation.