SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 27, 2012, 04:18 AM
Joined May 2012
22 Posts
Oh and also the 'dinging' is supposed to happen. From what I can gather it happens when data is recieved. You can turn it off by clicking on the little speaker at the bottom of the GCS...
russelloakey is offline Find More Posts by russelloakey
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2012, 02:29 AM
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Sep 2010
199 Posts
edit* i figured it out. i just set the failsafe on my receiver to kick on the RTH switch when my receiver looses transmitter connection. bleh. my fault for not reading instructions again haha.
g3f0rc3 is offline Find More Posts by g3f0rc3
Last edited by g3f0rc3; May 29, 2012 at 03:16 AM.
Old May 28, 2012, 05:36 AM
Joined Aug 2010
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by russelloakey View Post

carlalex - I have writen a blog on how to set up the software. I had that problem because the computer couldn't handle the amount of data it was recieving and slowed it down.
Thank you! I'll try it out and report back

---edit---

Using your blog I tried the simplest tip first, just setting the data rate to 1Hz, worked like a charm! Now I can upload and download without spending an hour waiting for response from the computer!

Finally I'll get to test the NAV mode, I'll post a video on youtube when I've done a test flight. Already got 2 FY31 test videos there if anyone wants to see. UAVNERD is my youtube user.
carlalex is offline Find More Posts by carlalex
Last edited by carlalex; May 28, 2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Reporting back!
Old May 30, 2012, 05:19 AM
Tromsų / Norway
Joined Nov 2009
89 Posts
I have a problem with my Hornet FY-OSD
Everything has worked very well until now.
It only shows the boot image that shows the firmware version and PAL. Nothing more ...
I have tested it both with and without FY31AP.
What could it be?
Anyone?
Kaspers1 is online now Find More Posts by Kaspers1
Old May 30, 2012, 09:31 AM
computer geek
United Kingdom, England, Chippenham
Joined Dec 2010
423 Posts
I'm having issues with this on my Skywalker. the plane rolls to the right in auto stabilised mode.

has anyone had this issue before? and any ideas on how to combat this?
CorporalB is offline Find More Posts by CorporalB
Old May 30, 2012, 11:20 AM
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,129 Posts
likely your unit is not level? check that first.

second you can "set level" with the dip switches in flight ... see manual.

third thing to try is make sure you don't have too much error in flight (motor on watch error on osd)

if it's only a slight roll mine does this too...
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old May 30, 2012, 01:23 PM
voyager4
The Netherlands, NH, Den Helder
Joined Sep 2005
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporalB View Post
I'm having issues with this on my Skywalker. the plane rolls to the right in auto stabilised mode.

has anyone had this issue before? and any ideas on how to combat this?
strange, mine rolls to the left
voyager4 is offline Find More Posts by voyager4
Old May 30, 2012, 01:24 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
I have been doing some longer range RTH tests lately... I thought RTH was supposed to drop to a predefined altitude? I did a RTH from 1km and 2km and both times it worked great, but never dropped altitude unless I cut the throttle down.
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Old May 30, 2012, 01:35 PM
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,129 Posts
try setting level in flight with the dip switches and see how it goes, it will depend on the airframe, amount of gains input and the control surfaces of the plane.. honestly for the price I will take some floating nothing is cheaper and works better than this for the price, trust me I have tried everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager4 View Post
strange, mine rolls to the left
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old May 30, 2012, 03:31 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2006
2,132 Posts
Hornet OSD needs GPS input to boot up.

Hi Guys,

@ Kaspers1,

I just spent the last days setting my FY Hornet OSD up to my FY31AP, I found that if there was no active GPS input to the Hornet, or the 31AP, I got a steady on blue led on the Hornet and it just cycled the start up boot every 20sec.
After taking it out side and powering up, the Hornet blue led would flash very quickly and the boot up was enabled, followed by the default OSD screen,all complete and working.
I am NO expert but would suggest you see if your GPS module is working and has good reception, hope this helps and you get it working again soon.

Cheers,

regards to all,

Al
rotorheid is offline Find More Posts by rotorheid
Old May 31, 2012, 03:02 AM
Joined Aug 2010
33 Posts
Working Fy31AP

Hi guys!

Thanks for all help on the forum, now I've finally got my FY31 tuned and tested! Looking forward to exploring new places with my FPV gear. I made a video showing my NAV test, hope it can be of some use for someone to compare performance. All nav settings are standard, the only thing worth mentioning is that I have not connected the throttle to my FY31 due to some bad experiences onthe ground.. (sudden throttle ups/downs at idle in RC mode )

Enjoy!

FY31AP NAV test (5 min 32 sec)
Old May 31, 2012, 05:53 AM
Joined Nov 2011
17 Posts
Is there anyway I can take just the gps location and barometric altitude data out of the OSD txt file? I tried to decipher it but I dont understand the data1,data2 and data3 lines.

If I can get the basic altitude and gps location data out, I can turn that into a kml file for google earth.
mvh808 is offline Find More Posts by mvh808
Old May 31, 2012, 06:18 AM
computer geek
United Kingdom, England, Chippenham
Joined Dec 2010
423 Posts
Hi guys, thanks for the suggestions.

the roll to the right is not "slight" its very pronounced, so much so that at one point about 5 minutes into the flight I lost all roll authority to the left.

I'll try to relocate the unit to a flatter and less populated area (it's currently in the ESC bay of the skywalker, right near the ESC and the aileron servo wires)

I'll also lower the gains
CorporalB is offline Find More Posts by CorporalB
Old May 31, 2012, 01:41 PM
Joined Aug 2010
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvh808 View Post
Is there anyway I can take just the gps location and barometric altitude data out of the OSD txt file? I tried to decipher it but I dont understand the data1,data2 and data3 lines.

If I can get the basic altitude and gps location data out, I can turn that into a kml file for google earth.
I'm trying to decipher it as well, but not getting very far.. I've found the date and time in the DATA2 messages. They are way back at the end (HOUR, MIN, SEC, MONTH, DAY, YEAR (YY)). But it seems no values are over 255.. So I'm guessing it's all a bunch of bytes.. It's been a while since I've messed around with hexeditors, but I'll see if I get the motivation to keep trying to decipher it..

Anyone else know anything about the log files?
Old May 31, 2012, 01:45 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
I asked fyeutech people a while ago about the format of the file, they never gave an answer to me, I too wanted to make a converter to KML.
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat