HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 09, 2012, 03:21 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
I am curious how the auto-land is setup to work...
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2012, 04:14 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,031 Posts
me too
saabguyspg is online now Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old May 10, 2012, 03:15 PM
wep
https://vimeo.com/wep800
Joined Dec 2006
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromodellers View Post
I have tried the new GCS. 3D 4.23 available now for download.

http://www.feiyu-tech.com/download-en.php?id=43

Its working great so far. Even has the option to change the mode for 31AP in the NAV mode. So far it is quite stable and I am happy with it.
The only problem I face at times is the right side of the GCS not loading at times. Its easy to fix it. Just kill the FeiyuTech process from task manager and delete the file "GCSlayout.2.0.gcs" from program files -> feiyutech folder.

They still need to do some work on the GCS.

How do you change mode then?! Just checkmatk and press ok?
Don't need to upload anything?
Just all so buggy seems...or am I missing something here.
wep is offline Find More Posts by wep
Old May 13, 2012, 06:06 AM
wep
https://vimeo.com/wep800
Joined Dec 2006
220 Posts
With me the second downloadlink (2D edition FYGCS 3.0 --Map (4.26) is corrupt
Do you have the same problem?

wep is offline Find More Posts by wep
Old May 13, 2012, 07:03 AM
Melbourne, Australia.
Joined Jul 2006
110 Posts
no go for me either..

When i try and extract the files there is an error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wep View Post
With me the second downloadlink (2D edition FYGCS 3.0 --Map (4.26) is corrupt
Do you have the same problem?

miksterr is online now Find More Posts by miksterr
Old May 15, 2012, 10:05 AM
voyager4
The Netherlands, NH, Den Helder
Joined Sep 2005
30 Posts
Me too, tried a lot of times to install but nothing works. I have send serveral emails to Feiyu Tech but they do not answer at all.
The GCS software it selfs work but with no map!!!

** Feiyu Tech has answerd my question and send me the FYScreen.exe so now I can try the GCS software finnaly**
voyager4 is offline Find More Posts by voyager4
Last edited by voyager4; May 19, 2012 at 02:20 AM.
Old May 21, 2012, 04:20 PM
Joined Aug 2010
33 Posts
Manually upload waypoints

Is there a way to "manually" upload waypoints? The GCS is just pissing me off, the few times I can get it to work I see that there's not much data transferred when saving waypoints so it would be nice to just make a small file in notepad and ship it to the FY31.

Anyone tried it, or know how it can be done? I might be able to do something in C#, but I have never tried USB/TTL (or whatever) communications programming.. Tips would be great
carlalex is offline Find More Posts by carlalex
Old May 21, 2012, 04:23 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlalex View Post
Is there a way to "manually" upload waypoints? The GCS is just pissing me off, the few times I can get it to work I see that there's not much data transferred when saving waypoints so it would be nice to just make a small file in notepad and ship it to the FY31.

Anyone tried it, or know how it can be done? I might be able to do something in C#, but I have never tried USB/TTL (or whatever) communications programming.. Tips would be great
It's not that simple :P Your best bet to even try to figure it out would be to hook it up, upload some way points while you have something logging / probing the data transmission to figure out what is being passed back and fourth.
Old May 21, 2012, 04:41 PM
Joined Mar 2011
310 Posts
About post #784
If anyone needs a alternative, like a did, for the FY-31AP cable, cheap as beans and that works:
Try this one , mine arrived today and IT WORKS!!! For a fraction of the price!
I'm ordering more 2 "just in case".

Geotete
geotete is offline Find More Posts by geotete
Old May 22, 2012, 02:20 PM
Joined Aug 2010
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
It's not that simple :P Your best bet to even try to figure it out would be to hook it up, upload some way points while you have something logging / probing the data transmission to figure out what is being passed back and fourth.
Yeah, that's what I suspected.. Never done it before, but I'll try with a serial sniffer and see what I can figure out
Old May 24, 2012, 05:36 AM
Joined Aug 2010
33 Posts
Slow software response

I am experiencing something weird when I try to use the FeityTech.exe software. When I connect to my FY31 a "ding"/"ping" sound goes off continously from my computer, and program response slows dramatically to the point where it is useless. Communications work however, and the GE map is moved and zoomed to my GPS position (eventually, between the crazy sounds..)

I have the same problem on windows XP and VISTA..

Anyone have the same issue? Tried to search the forum for ding/ping sounds, but nothing found
Old May 24, 2012, 05:34 PM
voyager4
The Netherlands, NH, Den Helder
Joined Sep 2005
30 Posts
I don't understand any of it. I have the 2D GCS software is properly installed and it starts well but there is no card image. I can make a map from google earth with FYScreen but than I have no coordinates so I can't set waypoints. On youtube I see, when the software starts up the globe and you can go to the part where you want to add the waypoints . What goes wrong?
I use windows 7 64bit.

I have found the issue. Did install the 3D version, only my Eset antivirus didn't like it, so I had to make an excepion, and than it works.
voyager4 is offline Find More Posts by voyager4
Last edited by voyager4; May 28, 2012 at 02:45 AM.
Old May 24, 2012, 05:41 PM
Helsinki, Finland
Joined Feb 2008
303 Posts
Update on the stripped pots issue (FY-30A)

Just to let you know: Both BevRC and Feiyutech (purchased via AliExpress.com) replaced my FY-30A:s. Or to be more precise BevRC replaced it and Feiyutech fixed it. Now all the pots work well without any jamming on both units.

Although the exchange process was somewhat timely on both occasions, I do recommend FY-30A and FY-31AP and BevRC and AliExpress as vendors.
tupelo is online now Find More Posts by tupelo
Old May 24, 2012, 05:46 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
ReadyMade replaced my 31ap, the new one has been working well since I got it, they had even sent it before I had to send the old one back, I can't complain about them at all.
Old May 27, 2012, 03:11 AM
Joined May 2012
22 Posts
Hi, I'm having trouble with my setup. I have the fy31ap & fy602 data radio. GCS is all set up on my computer and I can connect using my data radio and recieve telemetry no problem. I have it on a 1 or 2 hz downlink rate - set in the GCS.
The problem is when I want to send a command it stops all data in both directions and I have to restart the GCS.
My question is - what do you guys have your settings on for this setup?

carlalex - I have writen a blog on how to set up the software. I had that problem because the computer couldn't handle the amount of data it was recieving and slowed it down.
russelloakey is offline Find More Posts by russelloakey