Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:22 PM
Austria
Joined Apr 2011
70 Posts
I have noticed that the Problem isnt from to much vibration, it will happen sometimes without any reason ! Some people in a german FPV Forum have also noticed this problem. The blue and the red light stays on solid and nothing works anymore.... Everything is connectet normal like in the manual.
schmiernippel is offline Find More Posts by schmiernippel
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:59 PM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,617 Posts
When the Red LED is ON solid without even moving the module, that means you need to re-set the gyro.

Blue LED indicates what flight mode you're in.

BB
borneobear is offline Find More Posts by borneobear
Old Jan 22, 2012, 01:05 PM
Austria
Joined Apr 2011
70 Posts
I know this. But when i disconnect-connect power from the fy31ap everything works for the next 1-10x. Then without any reason RED and BLUE(no matter what flightmode) stay solid and nothing works anymore and all signals are blocked, so no manual mode iss possible. And i also tried to reset and recalibrate the FY....
schmiernippel is offline Find More Posts by schmiernippel
Old Jan 22, 2012, 07:17 PM
Adelaide
Joined Feb 2007
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by borneobear View Post
Far as I know, when the vibration gets too high, auto stabilization stops working and control is 100% manual.

I've seen this happen on the FY21AP (turning G force too great resulting in stabilization failure), control is transferred 100% back to the pilot. I don't see any reason why the 31AP would be any different.

If your 'stress test' means hand shaking the hell out of the module, shake it together with the RC Receiver.

BB
That's very interesting and I think this problem as across the entire range of FY products, we have just noticed the same problem with the FY3ZT. Do any of you guys have any log files you could post of your flights?
Blunderbum is offline Find More Posts by Blunderbum
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:56 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,979 Posts
mine did not log my last flight... grrr... I told them this but I have to tell them a few more times

I did not get a chance to re-test my plane today... will have to wait till the weekend.

steve
saabguyspg is online now Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Jan 23, 2012, 01:20 AM
Joined Sep 2010
685 Posts
Hi Steve,

Yesterday, I intsalled the 31AP with 605 Data modems in my HK EPP FPV. I had a peculiar problem.

1.) I have Corona 929 MG (metal gear) servos all around.
2.) The connection between the GCS and the plane is working fine. However, all my servos were jittering a LOT. They were also getting hot in 4-5 mins of operation (on the ground, itself). Upon giving controls from the tx, the servos do respond, but they start jittering the moment I leave the controls. This happens in ALL the modes EXCEPT the manual mode.

Also, I had a lot of intereference with the data modem on the servos which I could reduce using ferrite and a 2200 mfd 25v CAP on the power to the modem. The interference happens when the modem switched from Rx to Tx mode and vice versa. (i.e. the green light turns red and vice versa)

Earlier I thought, i had faulty servos, but I had been flying on them for more than 6 months now on 21AP without issues. The jittering never stops on the MG servos but to my surprise, there was no jittering when I connected nylon gear servos. So the problem is only with the MG servos. For some reasons, the data modem does not like MG servos. Taking this into consideration, and the fact that I did not want to change my servos, I have uninstalled the modems and will be flying with regular RC-Rx onboard to test the 31AP.

Now, with the MG servos, and 31AP, and onboard RC-Rx, everything works fine. But I do not have GCS control as data modems are un-installed.

The other option for me is to install the data modems and replace all MG servos with Nylon gear which I am not very comfortable with as this is a big plane and nylon may strip very easily.
aeromodellers is online now Find More Posts by aeromodellers
Old Jan 23, 2012, 01:33 AM
Joined Sep 2010
685 Posts
BTW, I have installed a 1 Watt 2.4Ghz BOOSTER on my turnigy 9X to increase the FPV range. I will test this system on Jan 26, 2012. Here are some pics... Has anyone tried this ????

aeromodellers is online now Find More Posts by aeromodellers
Last edited by aeromodellers; Jan 23, 2012 at 01:43 AM.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 04:40 AM
Joined Mar 2010
30 Posts
Hello guys, I too am doing the first tests with the fy31. I use a flygwing. I have a problem I want to know if it happens to you! When I put the fy31 in "stabi mode" and I make a turn of 90 / 180, the flyngwing makes the curve and then begins to fall dangerously in altitude. I have to remove the "established" to solve. To you the same thing happens? Thanks ...
Heavenswiss is offline Find More Posts by Heavenswiss
Old Jan 23, 2012, 06:45 AM
go ahead and try
Canada, ON, Maynooth
Joined Nov 2011
478 Posts
Aero Modeller...very nice! I'd also like to try... Can you send post more info on this mod?

Heaven Swiss... did you set the neutral value?, level on the ground, and on the fly?
After the turn, are you applying enough throttle? Does the throttle control respond to input?
simplyfly is offline Find More Posts by simplyfly
Old Jan 23, 2012, 06:47 AM
go ahead and try
Canada, ON, Maynooth
Joined Nov 2011
478 Posts
Found this

https://store.diydrones.com/2_4GHz_A...amp-24-500.htm
Old Jan 23, 2012, 07:22 AM
Joined Mar 2010
30 Posts
Hello Simplyfly
I set the "value neutral" on the fly. The gas does not change, but even if accelerated, at most, he falls down very quickly. I have to disable the fy31, and immediately, the model, fly back to linear. If I turn back the fy31 and fly linear, it works and stabilizes, but just make a turn, he pushes down the model.

Thanksss...
(sorry for my english )
Heavenswiss is offline Find More Posts by Heavenswiss
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:13 AM
go ahead and try
Canada, ON, Maynooth
Joined Nov 2011
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenswiss View Post
Hello Simplyfly
I set the "value neutral" on the fly. The gas does not change, but even if accelerated, at most, he falls down very quickly. I have to disable the fy31, and immediately, the model, fly back to linear. If I turn back the fy31 and fly linear, it works and stabilizes, but just make a turn, he pushes down the model.

Thanksss...
(sorry for my english )
Strange.. I'll try and reproduce this...except that I don't have a wing set up at the moment. I wonder, Is the DIP #3 in the up position? Did you visually test the system before the launch?
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:18 AM
go ahead and try
Canada, ON, Maynooth
Joined Nov 2011
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromodellers View Post
Hi Steve,

Yesterday, I intsalled the 31AP with 605 Data modems in my HK EPP FPV. I had a peculiar problem.

2.) The connection between the GCS and the plane is working fine. However, all my servos were jittering a LOT. They were also getting hot in 4-5 mins of operation (on the ground, itself). Upon giving controls from the tx, the servos do respond, but they start jittering the moment I leave the controls. This happens in ALL the modes EXCEPT the manual mode.

Also, I had a lot of intereference with the data modem on the servos which I could reduce using ferrite and a 2200 mfd 25v CAP on the power to the modem. The interference happens when the modem switched from Rx to Tx mode and vice versa. (i.e. the green light turns red and vice versa)

Earlier I thought, i had faulty servos, but I had been flying on them for more than 6 months now on 21AP without issues. The jittering never stops on the MG servos but to my surprise, there was no jittering when I connected nylon gear servos. So the problem is only with the MG servos. For some reasons, the data modem does not like MG servos. Taking this into consideration, and the fact that I did not want to change my servos, I have uninstalled the modems and will be flying with regular RC-Rx onboard to test the 31AP.

Now, with the MG servos, and 31AP, and onboard RC-Rx, everything works fine. But I do not have GCS control as data modems are un-installed.

The other option for me is to install the data modems and replace all MG servos with Nylon gear which I am not very comfortable with as this is a big plane and nylon may strip very easily.

Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity settings on the '31?
Old Jan 23, 2012, 12:34 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,979 Posts
Aero yes it's the modem that is causing issues, that is quite likely a powerful modem... just like a video TX it can mess up servo signals... metal gear servo's can act poorly in some setups.

are you using a 2.4 ghz data modem and 2.4 ghz RC? if so you can't do that....

I am using metal gear servo's in my wings and have no issues but my modem is an xbee pro 900mhz and likely less powerull than the one you have.

If you don't want to remove servo's from your plane I would buy a xbee kit and instll it... they are very light, cheap, and easy to use / connect.

alternatively you can add more distance between the modem and everythign else on the plane.

RE the 2.4 booster, yes we have used this setup with very good results in the past it will effictively double your range or more... we have gone 3.0km with no problems.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromodellers View Post
Hi Steve,

Old Jan 23, 2012, 12:36 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,979 Posts
btw boosting a 2.4 signal is in the microwave range... I recommend any booster be placed about 10feet from the user. At minimum keep it far from you head

Steve