HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:28 PM
Joined Sep 2010
697 Posts
Yes... Even I would like to know this Steve...

Does the NAV works as headhold even with the waypoints uploaded OR only incase when the waypoints are missing ???
aeromodellers is online now Find More Posts by aeromodellers
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:34 AM
United Kingdom, England, Rochdale
Joined Jan 2012
20 Posts
Quick cry for help if anyone can shed light on this..

Bought the 31AP/Hornet combo for my Skywalker 1900 the other week. First run went fine with tonnes of satellites showing, GPS is mounted on top/front of wing.

Installed the new firmware and popped a different anti-vibration mount in (the one from my FY-30A) and that's the only change I've done that will affect this..

Don't know if I've knackered the data or GPS cables but my satellites seem to be fluctuating a bit and more worryingly the full OSD info keeps flashing on and off...

The vibration mount seemed to cause more problems than it solved so I'm going back to double sided foam.

Hopefully this is just the cables then!!!

http://youtu.be/4Vyz6KIUL0g?hd=1
GeneralSamUK is offline Find More Posts by GeneralSamUK
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:06 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,030 Posts
no I just found out that it has nothing to do with waypoints being loaded or not.

the 2D GCS will have an option to turn OFF the heading lock mode... but until they get the 2D GCS working you are stuck with heading lock mode if you have upgraded teh 31AP to the latest version.

Personally I prefer the heading lock to waypionts and don't mind waiting cause I doubt I will put it back to waypoints.

steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt View Post
to be clear you need to make sure no waypoints are uploaded, correct? I assume with no waypoints uploaded it will work in heading mode and with them uploaded it will fly to them
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:11 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,030 Posts
well i can't comment on the flashing or gps but your video is excellent!! and all the osd info fits on the screen... much better than mine... what camera and video frequency are you using please?

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralSamUK View Post
Quick cry for help if anyone can shed light on this..

Bought the 31AP/Hornet combo for my Skywalker 1900 the other week. First run went fine with tonnes of satellites showing, GPS is mounted on top/front of wing.

Installed the new firmware and popped a different anti-vibration mount in (the one from my FY-30A) and that's the only change I've done that will affect this..

Don't know if I've knackered the data or GPS cables but my satellites seem to be fluctuating a bit and more worryingly the full OSD info keeps flashing on and off...

The vibration mount seemed to cause more problems than it solved so I'm going back to double sided foam.

Hopefully this is just the cables then!!!

http://youtu.be/4Vyz6KIUL0g?hd=1
Old Apr 18, 2012, 03:59 PM
Australia, VIC, San Remo
Joined May 2010
886 Posts
Thanks Steve.

I have the new firmware and have never connected it to GCS or loaded waypoints. When I turn it on ( all switches working, confirmed by flashes) she doesn't hold heading at all. I will wait until the 2D GCS and check it out.

How is the Panda looking? Worth the extra cash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
no I just found out that it has nothing to do with waypoints being loaded or not.

the 2D GCS will have an option to turn OFF the heading lock mode... but until they get the 2D GCS working you are stuck with heading lock mode if you have upgraded teh 31AP to the latest version.

Personally I prefer the heading lock to waypionts and don't mind waiting cause I doubt I will put it back to waypoints.

steve
damoz is online now Find More Posts by damoz
Old Apr 18, 2012, 04:30 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,030 Posts
mm. that is strange, they just told me there is some issues with the 31AP getting into this mode.... so yes.. it's best to wait for the 2D GCS and you can select....

what happens when you go into this mode? the plane likely goes to the waypoints instead?

Panda is installed in an X5 and I have only tested stab mode because I had two wires reversed on the outputs so RTL and NAV = spiral of death... but it was all my fault.

It's all corrected now and I am itching to try it... worth the extra cash? if you need lots of waypoints and want to install the unit sidways... then yes...

I feel the biggest thorn in FY's side is the GCS issues.. slow, lagging etc... if they could fix this it would really put them ahead of the rest.

Steve

ok
Old Apr 18, 2012, 04:32 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
I can tell you this, I put waypoints on it both before and after updating, and it does waypoint mode for me with I put it in that mode, next time I hook it up to the computer I will wipe the waypoints and see what it does after that.
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Old Apr 18, 2012, 04:36 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,030 Posts
it will likely just do waypoints again... at least from what they tell me that's what it will do..

I wonder why mine does the heading lock...

anyway it will be fixed! we will have both options soon.

Steve
Old Apr 18, 2012, 06:02 PM
United Kingdom, England, Rochdale
Joined Jan 2012
20 Posts
Cheers pal!

It's a 181 camera with a pv700 recorder from bevrc - really happy with them both..

Not sure of the legalities of the frequency in the UK so you can guess which would work the best over here

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
well i can't comment on the flashing or gps but your video is excellent!! and all the osd info fits on the screen... much better than mine... what camera and video frequency are you using please?

Steve
GeneralSamUK is offline Find More Posts by GeneralSamUK
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:06 PM
Australia, VIC, San Remo
Joined May 2010
886 Posts
The heading lock mode and waypoints are not that important to me with this. I have a purple APM 2 for that stuff if I want it. I just want the RTL and integrated OSD which is excellent and a much cleaner fit out than my previous OSD and after using the APM MinimOSD I liked the Artificial Horizon for flying through cloud etc.
I flicked the switch and it changed direction and descended pretty rapidly so I just switched it off. HH will be another good tool, if needed when there is wind at altitude if I feel like sitting back and watching the view as opposed to flying myself. I will keep an eye on the thread for the 2D GCS release.
Thanks for your helpful info.
damoz is online now Find More Posts by damoz
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:10 PM
Joined Sep 2010
697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
I can tell you this, I put waypoints on it both before and after updating, and it does waypoint mode for me with I put it in that mode, next time I hook it up to the computer I will wipe the waypoints and see what it does after that.
Did you try wiping out the WP and fly in NAV mode? What were your results please?
aeromodellers is online now Find More Posts by aeromodellers
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:14 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromodellers View Post
Did you try wiping out the WP and fly in NAV mode? What were your results please?
I will try next time I can fly, weather has been crappy for a week.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 12:53 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,030 Posts
not sure if they will be different than mine but I said before.. that's not how it works... you have to change the mode from heading lock to waypoints in a GCS that hey have yet to release.

however that being said mine is the only one with heading lock enabled.

apparently it has to do with if you have adjusted any PID parameters and I did adjust some... then they say that memory is alocated for something else and hence I get heading lock with the upgrade...

of course I can not put it back to waypoints mode as I mentioned before, I did try this... and it stays heading lock.

Steve
Old Apr 21, 2012, 01:48 PM
BNUC-s
Joined Feb 2012
300 Posts
anybody had this problem with the gcs software

It was working fine, I have reloaded google earth plugin and deleted and reloaded the gcs software but to no avail. Can anyone help
biggles uk is offline Find More Posts by biggles uk
Old Apr 21, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Yeah I can't get GCS to work anymore at all on 3 different computers, just gives various errors. It's very annoying.