HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2012, 08:26 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,649 Posts
I guess I will physically reverse the servo itself... I don't see any other way to get it to work... that will make it work .
NorCalMatCat is online now Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Let'sFPV UBEC 1 WEEK SALE
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:24 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,988 Posts
the orientation change feature of the gcs is for panda only
saabguyspg is online now Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:33 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
the orientation change feature of the gcs is for panda only
Yeah I was thinking that was the case... At either rate I am about to reverse my elevator servo, and all will be moving properly. Hopefully tomorrow the winds will be died down, it was very turbulent today.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 05, 2012, 11:42 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,988 Posts
for people having problems with the gcs locking up all the time... I just downloaded the latest version and yes min locks up bigtime..

I reverted back to an old version and all is good again! so if you have it zipped up somewhere then try that..

not sure if I can post a zip here but will try
Old Apr 05, 2012, 11:49 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,988 Posts
nope it won't let me do rar files... anyway if you can't get an older version I will zip up one and post it.

Steve
ps I have a few problems to sort out with FY when they are back from the exposition and this is one of them
Old Apr 06, 2012, 12:06 AM
Joined Oct 2011
2,649 Posts
Ok I got that elevator servo reversed, and now ALL control surfaces respond properly in stab mode. Now lets hope tomorrow brings good weather :P
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 06, 2012, 01:05 AM
Joined Sep 2010
687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efti View Post
I have just used your guide, and it will just not be upgraded.
The strange thing is I have upgraded from 1.11 to 1.12 recently.

Everything seems to be ok, and I get Firmware upgrade success. Wait for more than 1 min, and disconnect battery.

Every time i check it is still 1.12.
Have done this upgrade on 2 computers, and several USB ports with correct drivers.

What could I possible do now?
Do the upgrade 2 times... then disconnect everything. even the USB port.
Once done that... just switch on the 31AP module without connecting it to the USB i.e. Just boot the 31AP once for 30 secs.. Then power off 31AP.

Then reconnect the USB to the computer, run the upgrade program, open the port connect the usb wire to the 31AP and then Power the 31AP through external BEC. Once you get "connect sucess" check for the version.
aeromodellers is offline Find More Posts by aeromodellers
Old Apr 06, 2012, 03:11 AM
Norge, Rogaland, Bryne
Joined Oct 2011
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromodellers View Post
Do the upgrade 2 times... then disconnect everything. even the USB port.
Once done that... just switch on the 31AP module without connecting it to the USB i.e. Just boot the 31AP once for 30 secs.. Then power off 31AP.

Then reconnect the USB to the computer, run the upgrade program, open the port connect the usb wire to the 31AP and then Power the 31AP through external BEC. Once you get "connect sucess" check for the version.
I have tried this, and now it worked

Actually I upgraded 2 units.
First one inside the plane and second just taken out from the box.

The second one I connected with all pins from USB to 31AP(even the + lead)
Upgraded 2 times, disconnected the plug, closed the port, exit the program.
Did not disconnect USB. Then connected 31AP from USB again for 1 minute, then disconnect.
Opened the program, open the port, connected 31AP, and checked version.
FY-31,Version Number:1.20

Thanx for your help
Efti is offline Find More Posts by Efti
Old Apr 06, 2012, 03:33 AM
Joined Oct 2011
2,649 Posts
You know the funny part both my AP and Hornet took firmware on the first attempt, actually I have not yet had a problem with either one and using USB (Using Win 7). One thing that is annoying is that the GPS NMEA stream gets detected as a mouse, which of course will make your mouse go nuts... unless you actually need the NMEA stream for GCS purposes you can disable the falsely identified mouse in the device manager (though you will need to unplug the device first to gain control of your mouse :P).

Speaking of GCS, I programmed in 8 waypoints circling the field where I will do more test flights tomorrow, if all goes well with the stabilization, then I will try circling and RTH, and then waypoints :P

I got about an hour and a half (with some conservative throttle management) of battery juice to bring with me to the field, so it will hopefully be a fun morning.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 06, 2012, 04:01 AM
Joined Sep 2010
687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efti View Post
I have tried this, and now it worked

Actually I upgraded 2 units.
First one inside the plane and second just taken out from the box.

The second one I connected with all pins from USB to 31AP(even the + lead)
Upgraded 2 times, disconnected the plug, closed the port, exit the program.
Did not disconnect USB. Then connected 31AP from USB again for 1 minute, then disconnect.
Opened the program, open the port, connected 31AP, and checked version.
FY-31,Version Number:1.20

Thanx for your help
Well the trick here is that after you upgrade the firmware, you need to power down the 31AP and power up the 31AP again without the USB connected... just power it up without any connections for a few seconds and then check the version.

It seems that 31AP needs to be booted normally once after the upgrade to show the correct version.
Old Apr 06, 2012, 04:34 AM
Norge, Rogaland, Bryne
Joined Oct 2011
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromodellers View Post
Well the trick here is that after you upgrade the firmware, you need to power down the 31AP and power up the 31AP again without the USB connected... just power it up without any connections for a few seconds and then check the version.

It seems that 31AP needs to be booted normally once after the upgrade to show the correct version.
Yes. Good that it is working now.

But for upgrading Hornet OSD to 1.4, I could not read the version.

Did the same procedure for this one, but have not tested what version it shows when I boot it up on my googles
Efti is offline Find More Posts by Efti
Old Apr 06, 2012, 04:37 AM
Joined Sep 2010
687 Posts
Version Reading does not work on Hornet.

You can read the version only when you power up the OSD. The initial screen displayes the firware version for 2-3 seconds... Mine reads 1.4
Old Apr 06, 2012, 08:10 AM
Estonia
Joined Mar 2010
60 Posts
waypoints - how?

Hello everyone,

I ve got the fy31ap on an fpv glider everything working fine, thus I wanted to try the waypoint feature today... So downloaded the plug in, connected everything, seems to be working, plane position appears on the map in the right spot.
But, I have been wrecking my brains over this for hours and still cannot get this launch position icon to move anywhere, neither can I add any waypoints. So please help me out here what am I doing wrong???

thanks.
T.
thulufu is offline Find More Posts by thulufu
Old Apr 06, 2012, 12:38 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thulufu View Post
Hello everyone,

I ve got the fy31ap on an fpv glider everything working fine, thus I wanted to try the waypoint feature today... So downloaded the plug in, connected everything, seems to be working, plane position appears on the map in the right spot.
But, I have been wrecking my brains over this for hours and still cannot get this launch position icon to move anywhere, neither can I add any waypoints. So please help me out here what am I doing wrong???

thanks.
T.
To add waypoints you need to select waypoint editing from the toolbar (I think its called that), then if your on windows ctrl+left click where you want the waypoint.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 06, 2012, 03:29 PM
Estonia
Joined Mar 2010
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
To add waypoints you need to select waypoint editing from the toolbar (I think its called that), then if your on windows ctrl+left click where you want the waypoint.
I ve done exactly that, the mouse icon turns into a cross and that's it... nothing else happens.
thulufu is offline Find More Posts by thulufu