Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:46 PM
Helsinki, Finland
Joined Feb 2008
302 Posts
Hi

Which SSL driver should I use? I have Vista (parallels/MacBook Pro) and there are only drivers for Win XP and Win 7. The waypoint program seems to be running fine on my computer.

Another question: Alishanmao said on his instructional video that he plugs the ESC/channel 3 straight into the receiver of the plane instead of FY-31AP. He has had nothing but problems after plugging the ESC to FY-31AP. Whats your opinion on this? I have not tested yet so I don´t know.

Thanks!
tupelo is offline Find More Posts by tupelo
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2012, 09:26 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,981 Posts
Which SSL driver should I use? I have Vista (parallels/MacBook Pro) and there are only drivers for Win XP and Win 7. The waypoint program seems to be running fine on my computer.

if it aint broke don't fix it

Another question: Alishanmao said on his instructional video that he plugs the ESC/channel 3 straight into the receiver of the plane instead of FY-31AP. He has had nothing but problems after plugging the ESC to FY-31AP. Whats your opinion on this? I have not tested yet so I don´t know.

some peope have problems with the throttle so they bypass the autpilot.

personally mine works perfectly so I left it alone. However I think I would prefer to control the throttle entirely myself... I may do this too.

personal preference I'd say.
saabguyspg is online now Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:45 AM
Helsinki, Finland
Joined Feb 2008
302 Posts
Squares instead of letters

What could be reason for this? Win XP machine and I get really strange looking program window.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:03 AM
Portugal
Joined Nov 2009
774 Posts
Fonts missing probably...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupelo View Post
What could be reason for this? Win XP machine and I get really strange looking program window.
HF_ATL is online now Find More Posts by HF_ATL
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:09 AM
Helsinki, Finland
Joined Feb 2008
302 Posts
How to fix the fonts?
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:57 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,981 Posts
tupelo sorry I am running win 7

I wonder if you are missing a library... are you sure you have all the required files in the directory? did you unzip them and run them? some people make the mistake of running the program from inside the zip file.... that does not work

Steve
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:27 PM
Joined Sep 2010
686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupelo View Post
Hi

I have had this problem... Uninstall the gcs - remove "feiyutech" folder from "program files" login into administrator - install gcs and run from admin login. If you are using different login then ensure you run the gcs program as admin. That is right click on gcs software and click "run as administrator".

Then click on "(L)" in the top menu and choose language as english.
This should fix it.

Cheers...
aeromodellers is online now Find More Posts by aeromodellers
Last edited by aeromodellers; Mar 17, 2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:19 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,981 Posts
yup that's what I have to do on win 7

I am sad to report that the google earth cache program is not working that I posted earlier. For some reason it works prefect for google earth but because the GCS uses the GE plug in it uses a different cache.

so for now if you are going to fly without internet connection then you must browse to the area you will fly WITHIN THE FY GCS before you go. then do not start any other program after that which uses google earth or you will lose that cache

Again my apologies if anyone bought the program and it did not work.

Steve
ps I will remove the link from page one
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:08 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
hi all
can someone tell me if there has been a firmware update for the 31 yet? also, where to download it from?

fytech site only has gcs upgrade, but i just want 31 fw upgrade as i only use for rth etc, not gcs..

searched the thread to no avail...

cheers p
PMRfly is offline Find More Posts by PMRfly
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 18, 2012, 09:34 AM
Portugal, Setúbal, Moita
Joined Nov 2009
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMRfly View Post
hi all
can someone tell me if there has been a firmware update for the 31 yet? also, where to download it from?

fytech site only has gcs upgrade, but i just want 31 fw upgrade as i only use for rth etc, not gcs..

searched the thread to no avail...

cheers p
Here you are the 2012-02-23 FY31AP firmware upgrade.

Let me tell you that I upgraded my FY31AP carefully by the book and it didn't go very well.
The red LED went solid on after that and it never worked again since then.
I had to send the unit back to FeiYu Tech.
nunol is offline Find More Posts by nunol
Old Mar 18, 2012, 03:04 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,981 Posts
mmm nunol... I have updated many firmwares with FY stuff and never had a problem... I guess it's alwyas possible that the data is interrupted for some reason (not by you of course) and it can brick the processor.

All FY downloads can be found here and I have added this link is also in the first pages of this thread

http://www.feiyu-tech.com/download_list-en.php

Steve
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
thanks guys! fingers crossed i don't brick it!!
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:56 PM
Portugal, Setúbal, Moita
Joined Nov 2009
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
mmm nunol... I have updated many firmwares with FY stuff and never had a problem... I guess it's alwyas possible that the data is interrupted for some reason (not by you of course) and it can brick the processor.

All FY downloads can be found here and I have added this link is also in the first pages of this thread

http://www.feiyu-tech.com/download_list-en.php

Steve
Well Steve,
I followed all the steps as they are described in the "Feiyu Tech Firmware Upgrade Procedure" and in the end I even got the "Firmware upgrade success!"
I really can't explain what happened... I did it very carefully and damn... It's a bummer! But I really like and trust the "Little Black Brick" as I call it.
I hope to have back soon. Meanwhile I'm having a lot of fun using the hornet OSD in my FPV plane!
nunol is offline Find More Posts by nunol
Old Mar 18, 2012, 06:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunol View Post
Well Steve,
I followed all the steps as they are described in the "Feiyu Tech Firmware Upgrade Procedure" and in the end I even got the "Firmware upgrade success!"
I really can't explain what happened... I did it very carefully and damn... It's a bummer! But I really like and trust the "Little Black Brick" as I call it.
I hope to have back soon. Meanwhile I'm having a lot of fun using the hornet OSD in my FPV plane!
out of interest.. what made you upgrade the firmware?
did rth and flight stabilisation, circle mode etc work on original FW, or were you having glitches? or did u do the upgrade for the gcs fixes?
cheers p
Old Mar 18, 2012, 08:13 PM
Joined Dec 2011
97 Posts
Hello,
Yesterday i fly with mt bixler that fy31ap on it. Before i have problem when i connect ESC connector to fy31ap. Yesterday i connect ESC to receiver and throttle was under my control. I try all functions RTL - ABM - ACM - NAV . They all work great. This is my video.

fy31ap and Hornet OSD HK Bixler (3 min 59 sec)
marmarisleee is offline Find More Posts by marmarisleee