HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:56 AM
go ahead and try
Canada, ON, Maynooth
Joined Nov 2011
471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattaya01 View Post
No, it doesn't make sense at all. When I switch the 31 to Manual mode, it should just pass the signals through. This way, it is always involved and needed. Secondly, when the 31 has a problem and I remove it, I have to completely set up my TX for flying wing. Thirdly, if this is the case, it should have been mentioned in the manual.

Don't get me wrong, I still like the 31 and very happy to use it, but there is a BIG lack of information. This forum compensates for that a lot, but it shouldn't be necessary.
True.
The manual doesn't mention what the setting does... I agree, it would be better not to mix the elevons... and it would be nice to have a more detailed description of the different modes in the manual.

Try setting the 31 back to normal fixed wing, and then make your mix. The dip switch setting may only add the mix, and nothing else... of course, you can always use another model memory slot.. to have one with / one without the mix...
simplyfly is offline Find More Posts by simplyfly
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:06 AM
go ahead and try
Canada, ON, Maynooth
Joined Nov 2011
471 Posts
on a side note... if anyone is interested in a pair of data 602 modems...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1825993
simplyfly is offline Find More Posts by simplyfly
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:01 AM
Philippines, Central Luzon, Guiguinto
Joined Jul 2011
110 Posts
i think changing setting on CGS is good until you turn it off, then everything reset to default. i tried changing altitude to 100 and circle radius to 50, while its on its good, but when turned off, everthing reset to default value went back to alt 50 radius 80.
im not sure about FAF in NAV mode, there no way to find its in FAF mode!
not sure about that...

thinking of getting the FY-DOS, it shows to have this fuction on it!
jbx907 is offline Find More Posts by jbx907
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:00 AM
When a hobby gets a passion
Thailand, Chon Buri, Pattaya
Joined Sep 2012
762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbx907 View Post
i think changing setting on CGS is good until you turn it off, then everything reset to default. i tried changing altitude to 100 and circle radius to 50, while its on its good, but when turned off, everthing reset to default value went back to alt 50 radius 80.
im not sure about FAF in NAV mode, there no way to find its in FAF mode!
not sure about that...

thinking of getting the FY-DOS, it shows to have this fuction on it!
After you change the values, you have to save them. So first you press "Set", then you press "Save".
Pattaya01 is offline Find More Posts by Pattaya01
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:44 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,969 Posts
yes and make sure you hit read before you change any settings then hit save... then it will save everything even after a power off.

Stev
e
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:56 AM
Joined May 2010
957 Posts
Newbee alert! I have the ap31/hornet, and would like to download the GCS. It is a RAR file, which I can not open. Is there a different site without rar files? I downloaded some app to open rar's, but it was only free for 2 weeks. I'm cheap.
Help!
Deadstick 8409 is offline Find More Posts by Deadstick 8409
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:09 AM
Joined Jul 2011
110 Posts
hi, what CGS are you using? version? when i change my NAV mode to FAF, i dont see any save for it! is the save fuction for parameters only?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:11 AM
Joined Jul 2011
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadstick 8409 View Post
Newbee alert! I have the ap31/hornet, and would like to download the GCS. It is a RAR file, which I can not open. Is there a different site without rar files? I downloaded some app to open rar's, but it was only free for 2 weeks. I'm cheap.
Help!
its ok to be tiral, right click the rar file and extract to a folder, you wont need it anyone when you've extracted the compressed file to a folder!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:57 AM
Joined Oct 2009
170 Posts
Air speed manager ready for sale

The airspeed manager adjustment has finished. It is ready for you to use. Its price was set to 75 USD. It could be programmed by a very simple procedure during the flight, or by yeti box for those who already have it.

Question for the experienced:
One of my new FY31AP needs to get the gyro resetting done nearly every time I want to use it. Is it normal?
PistaJ is offline Find More Posts by PistaJ
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:13 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistaJ View Post
The airspeed manager adjustment has finished. It is ready for you to use. Its price was set to 75 USD. It could be programmed by a very simple procedure during the flight, or by yeti box for those who already have it.

Question for the experienced:
One of my new FY31AP needs to get the gyro resetting done nearly every time I want to use it. Is it normal?
Its not normal, but recently when the weather has turned cold, i.e. below 32F I'm having the same problem. I was going to wait until spring to see if this is still the case. Hopefully its a cold thing only.
hendrnk is online now Find More Posts by hendrnk
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:18 AM
Joined May 2010
957 Posts
Is there a download site that does not involve rar files?

What is the difference - or better why, would one select 2d over 3d on the software? Do I even need the software? I would like to set the RTH altitude, and I think that is about it. Only FPV, no autonomous flight. Thanks.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:40 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,256 Posts
Quote:
Is there a download site that does not involve rar files?

What is the difference - or better why, would one select 2d over 3d on the software? Do I even need the software? I would like to set the RTH altitude, and I think that is about it. Only FPV, no autonomous flight. Thanks.

2D generally means let go of your sticks and the plane will return & fly straight & level. 3D generally means let go of your sticks and the plane will continue to fly at the attitude that you left it. i.e. knife edge, vertical, upside down etc, dependning on the plans ability.

FY31 doesn't have 3D capability.

There are many RAR utilities that are free to use to read / save RAR compression files. Just do a Google search.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:14 AM
Joined May 2010
957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrnk View Post
2D generally means let go of your sticks and the plane will return & fly straight & level. 3D generally means let go of your sticks and the plane will continue to fly at the attitude that you left it. i.e. knife edge, vertical, upside down etc, dependning on the plans ability.

FY31 doesn't have 3D capability.

There are many RAR utilities that are free to use to read / save RAR compression files. Just do a Google search.
But isn't there 2d and 3d software? I thought it would have to do with mapping?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:24 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,256 Posts
Quote:
But isn't there 2d and 3d software? I thought it would have to do with mapping?
Sorry miss understood you on the software side.

I have tried both versions of the software. I find the 2D more reliable. You can utilize off-line maps etc with the GCS.

3D has dynamic maps but you will need an internet connection but I find the Software not very reliable. Craps out from time to time / very resource hungry.

Capability essentially is the same in both.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:29 AM
Joined May 2010
957 Posts
Thanks! 2d it is then.