HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:23 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,092 Posts
I'd love to hear your feedback on APM, to me it has always been very poor performing... now they say it's better but they have said that for three hardware revisions.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrnk View Post
You seem to have the dreaded neverland waypoint bug. Never experienced it myself . I just have the drunken pilot bug when used on my Skywalker.

I have decided to go the APM 2.5 approach with radio modems to see if I can get more robust capability. But I do like my AP31AP but the software / GCS really lets it down compared to other solutions out there.
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:40 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2012
805 Posts
sent my fy31ap back to china for a replacment two weeks ago, its arrived in china but not at its destination yet, hope it gets there.
motofox is offline Find More Posts by motofox
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:59 PM
When a hobby gets a passion
Thailand, Chon Buri, Pattaya
Joined Sep 2012
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
31AP has two modes, one is to navigate to points and one is to maintain course and altitude.

Likely you have yours set to course and alitidue hold hence it will draw a line in the direction the plane is headed.

This is not a bug but by design.

Steve
Dear Steve,

I never knew this feature of "course and altitude hold". How to enable/disable this?
Pattaya01 is offline Find More Posts by Pattaya01
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:44 AM
I love my HammerHead wing...
Joined Jun 2012
732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattaya01 View Post
dear steve,

i never knew this feature of "course and altitude hold". How to enable/disable this?
+1

sgrouts is offline Find More Posts by sgrouts
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:12 PM
When a hobby gets a passion
Thailand, Chon Buri, Pattaya
Joined Sep 2012
782 Posts
Quote:
31AP has two modes, one is to navigate to points and one is to maintain course and altitude.

Likely you have yours set to course and alitidue hold hence it will draw a line in the direction the plane is headed.

Steve
I've been reading the manual up-side-down and back-and-forth, but not a word on this feature. I also think it is a pretty dangerous feature, if it would exist. It means you could really send your plane into neverland with just the flip of a switch? I also do not see why anyone would need this. Every function in any AP should ultimately be on returning home. In my understanding, the FY31AP does exactly that. The only function that doesn't involve returning is the circle mode. But I see this function as a kind of a panic button. Have your plane circling on a fixed location until you can get control again or figured out what to do.

Could it be you are mixing up with another AP?

I do not want to un-intentionally enable this function and loose my plane.
Pattaya01 is offline Find More Posts by Pattaya01
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:09 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
Quote:
I'd love to hear your feedback on APM, to me it has always been very poor performing... now they say it's better but they have said that for three hardware revisions.

Steve
I use apm 2.5 since my fy-31ap gyro died. It is many times better than the fy product. You plug it in check all the servo directions are ok and fly. I am very satisfied with it. The documentation and support is terrific. IN ENGLISH and well described. The developers know their product and how to communicate their knowledge.

Then you can tweak and tune it. Easily done as the descriptions are very good. The mission planner software is excellent. Air speed sensor, current sensor, minimosd I have working really well. I wanted rssi from my rangelink displayed on the osd. Took 5 mins to wire up. Used the customisation utility for the minim osd and its working well.

Can't say how pleased I am with the a 2.5. It lets me do anything I can think of.
Integratedneck is offline Find More Posts by Integratedneck
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:10 AM
Joined Oct 2011
5 Posts
Quote:
I use this site. Works great.

http://bobosch.dyndns.org/fpv/
Yes, I understand, but just makes me see the track!, It makes me see the simulated flight!, And telemetry is gone!?. But I need the SD has to store the data of flight, if not then I can read them, that is, UNDERSTAND!.
If anyone gradiometers to explain how to make.
Thanks in advance to all.
Joseph
ironwolf is offline Find More Posts by ironwolf
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:39 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattaya01 View Post
I've been reading the manual up-side-down and back-and-forth, but not a word on this feature. I also think it is a pretty dangerous feature, if it would exist. It means you could really send your plane into neverland with just the flip of a switch? I also do not see why anyone would need this. Every function in any AP should ultimately be on returning home. In my understanding, the FY31AP does exactly that. The only function that doesn't involve returning is the circle mode. But I see this function as a kind of a panic button. Have your plane circling on a fixed location until you can get control again or figured out what to do.

Could it be you are mixing up with another AP?

I do not want to un-intentionally enable this function and loose my plane.
I believe it's a new feature in version 2.1 of the firmware and is set in the GCS software. I remember seeing it but haven't used it.
hendrnk is offline Find More Posts by hendrnk
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:41 AM
Joined Jul 2009
12 Posts
Quote:

Steve
pleas help me that what can i do aircraft gos to my way points ?
OMIDA is offline Find More Posts by OMIDA
Last edited by OMIDA; Jan 27, 2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:18 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,092 Posts
After about 15 minutes of tuning... Here is a log from a flight with my panda on the weekend...

Panda tuning (15 min 26 sec)
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:14 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,333 Posts
Hornet telemetry conversion site if you need it

http://letsfpv.com/feiyulog
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:31 PM
www.eahk.gr at Iraklion Grete
Greece, Crete
Joined Jun 2012
69 Posts
Just received the F-TEK, with Hornet OSD from HK
Reading this thread you suggest 3 batteries ?
One main for the motor, one 2s with BEC for the reviver, and one third 12V 3s for F-TK and OSD?????

I have X8 wing with 6000mAh 4s for the motor

I have Castel BEC 10A, a voltage regulator set at 12V, and separately a noise filter for the camera (Pixim-seawoolf)

Please tell me the correct connection and if I need something else

I have to solder the filter at the out of 12V regulator for all 12 V device or just only for the camera
If I set the Trx (800mW) near motor and ECS(85A) will be a problem with FR noise?

I' very confused
Gatos is offline Find More Posts by Gatos
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:30 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,092 Posts
Hi and thanks for the link!

I will be using it on the logged data at the ground control station and I assume it will be in the same format.

I have been very busy lately working too much.

So this log converter... does it output a lat, long, elevation and time file? say comma delimeted text file or something? I need to input that data into another program.

Thanks again.

Steve

Quote:
Hornet telemetry conversion site if you need it

http://letsfpv.com/feiyulog
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:22 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,333 Posts
Quote:
Hi and thanks for the link!

I will be using it on the logged data at the ground control station and I assume it will be in the same format.

I have been very busy lately working too much.

So this log converter... does it output a lat, long, elevation and time file? say comma delimeted text file or something? I need to input that data into another program.

Thanks again.

Steve
It creates a google earth file. So your flight will end up showing on the map with altitude. The old version also had the capability for comma delimited file as well. I'm currently traveling so haven't had a chance to try this new site.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:43 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
The converter is mine, produces KML file, it needs some upgrading actually since I made it before FY officially released the protocol (I reverse engineered the entire telemetry protocol!).
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat