SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 11, 2013, 03:07 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry baraniuk View Post
Just wondering why you don't recommend 900 Mhz.
It's a heavily used frequency band by cellphones and other things, and causes issues with GPS.
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:53 PM
Joined Oct 2009
172 Posts
True Airspeed manager

I have been flying a lot with our airspeed and Alt hold unit.
I use it along with the FY31AP. I have already talked about it in this thread. As people are asking, I decided to start a new thread about it here:
AirSpeed Manager

I is basically a part of our formal autopilot. I do not use the ALT hold part of it. I use only the Air speed control output.
Also if anybody knows a similar device, let me know. I would be interested only in a stand alone airspeed manager.
PistaJ is offline Find More Posts by PistaJ
Last edited by PistaJ; Jan 11, 2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:57 PM
Banff Alberta Canada
Joined Nov 2004
569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
It's a heavily used frequency band by cellphones and other things, and causes issues with GPS.
Yes it is possible that GSM cell phones could interfere with 900 Mhz telemetry but it would only be the uplink frequencies that are being sent from the cell phone to the cell tower that could cause interference. 900 Mhz Cordless phones could also cause interference. So in other words , if someone was using a 900 Mhz cell phone or cordless phone close to your UAV base station or close to your UAV than it could cause interference.
I don't see how it's possible that 900 Mhz telemetry could interfere with a GPS unit that receives 1.57542 GHz and 1.2276 GHz CDMA signals coming from the satellites. At least I've never had any problems with that kind of setup.
larry baraniuk is offline Find More Posts by larry baraniuk
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:09 PM
Banff Alberta Canada
Joined Nov 2004
569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistaJ View Post
I have been flying a lot with our airspeed and Alt hold unit.
I use it along with the FY31AP. I have already talked about it in this thread. As people are asking, I decided to start a new thread about it here:
(give me a minute)

I is basically a part of our formal autopilot. I do not use the ALT hold part of it. I use only the Air speed control output.
Also if anybody knows a similar device, let me know. I would be interested only in a stand alone airspeed manager.
Very , Very interesting . I would like to hear more about your setup.
larry baraniuk is offline Find More Posts by larry baraniuk
Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:15 PM
When a hobby gets a passion
Thailand, Chon Buri, Pattaya
Joined Sep 2012
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrnk View Post
My flight path with the FY-31 looks like the Skywalker is drunk. This is with default settings.

The RTL circle seems nice and around. The wind was fairly strong as well. The flight path near the circle stuff is just me flying around but ore interested in the flight path out over the farm. Seems really inefficient.
I had a similar behavior until I trimmed and recorded neutral value in flight. It made a hell of a difference!!

- On a no-wind day, I trimmed by adjusting the servo horns until I flew a straight line with all sticks in neutral position. So NO trimming on the transmitter.
- I recorded neutral position with switch #4 on during flight by switching to ABM for about 3 seconds

Especially the first step takes long time, take off, fly, land, adjust, take off, etc. but it is worth the effort.
Pattaya01 is offline Find More Posts by Pattaya01
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:31 AM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,623 Posts
Quote:
I use only the Air speed control output.
+2.

That would make my day.
borneobear is offline Find More Posts by borneobear
Old Jan 12, 2013, 02:14 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2012
805 Posts
does abm mode also record the neutrel position ? thought it was just nav mode as it says in the manual.. will test when i get my fy31ap back from china.
motofox is online now Find More Posts by motofox
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:45 PM
When a hobby gets a passion
Thailand, Chon Buri, Pattaya
Joined Sep 2012
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motofox View Post
does abm mode also record the neutrel position ? thought it was just nav mode as it says in the manual.. will test when i get my fy31ap back from china.
Please read the manual carefully. Page number 6 of the "FY-31AP Flight Stabilization System Installation & Operation Manual".

Quote:

Activate Mode 3, (Auto Stabilization Mode) for at least 2 seconds...

Unquote.

So it is definitely not Nav mode.
Pattaya01 is offline Find More Posts by Pattaya01
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:18 AM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,623 Posts
Quote:
I just got information that FY is working on a device for controlling the airspeed via an add-on airspeed sensor.

They won't tell me when it'll be ready, other than 'soon'.

Meanwhile, guess I'll just use GPS speed...

BB
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:56 PM
Joined Jan 2012
285 Posts
Will this add onto the fy31ap?
GTiDonavan is offline Find More Posts by GTiDonavan
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:53 AM
Joined Jan 2012
285 Posts
Does anybody know of a way to get the Hornet to Display TX signal strength recieved from a FrSky Reciever?
I am building a system which looks like ill loose my telemetry to my radio, but I like to see my signal strength
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:10 AM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTiDonavan View Post
Does anybody know of a way to get the Hornet to Display TX signal strength recieved from a FrSky Reciever?
I am building a system which looks like ill loose my telemetry to my radio, but I like to see my signal strength
The Hornet does not support RSSI display at all.

What I do is add a simple cheap OSD (sold by HK) in line with the video out feed. This will display my main pack voltage and the RSSI voltage laid On-top of the hornet display.
Better than nothing...

BB
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:28 AM
Joined Jan 2012
285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by borneobear View Post
The Hornet does not support RSSI display at all.

What I do is add a simple cheap OSD (sold by HK) in line with the video out feed. This will display my main pack voltage and the RSSI voltage laid On-top of the hornet display.
Better than nothing...

BB
My main Pack voltage is displayed on the Hornet using the current sensor. I do have one of those HK super simple OSD's. in my spares box.

How do you mean you are showing RSSI voltage on it?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:40 AM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,623 Posts
Best to refer to this very very old thread on this:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...neobear&page=5

All RSSI outputs a voltage by the way. Up to your OSD to display as voltage or % or whatever its capable of doing with the volt value.

BB
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:51 AM
Joined Aug 2012
100 Posts
Just got my osd.. Its the F-TEK OSD from hobby king.. Same as hornet osd..there is one issue thats bothering me. As you can se in the video i will ad is that the osd text keep go on and off... But the camera picture is solid all the time.. I run my system om same pack as i am flying with.. What do you think is the cause :-)
skywalker fpv with F-TEK OSD (9 min 41 sec)
jonasdromberg is offline Find More Posts by jonasdromberg