HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by DJO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 05:57 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,568 Posts
Download
HeliSimRC

I really like R/C Desk Pilot and BMI Flight Simulator (see my other blog post HERE), but it doesn't have a large selection of helicopters to choose from. There is no 3D helicopter to choose from, and I always liked 3D helicopters just to mess around for fun with sometimes (planes get a little boring after a while). So, I did a quick Google search and went to:

http://www.marksfiles.net/HeliSim/

I downloaded it - download took LITERALLY 3 seconds, there wasn't even a bar that showed the progress it downloaded so fast. I couldn't believe it. The graphics are great for a FREE simulator, and the helicopter movements and dynamics are amazing!

Try it out, I personally love it! And it's FREE and doesn't take long to download at all, which also means that it doesn't take up much space on your hard drive at all for your computer.

Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: WASP 280 Mini Quad
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2012, 02:57 PM
<<x USMC
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Jun 2010
673 Posts
I have this sim as well, perhaps the single best thing about this sim is once you get comfortable with the heli controls be sure to explore the feature where the heli goes in to weird orientations/altitude as soon a it touches down (I can't remember off the top of my head where this feature is, maybe under simulation) the point of the exercise is to react to the situation, recover from it, get the heli under control and down safely... but as soon as the skids touch the ground (or the entire heli if you crash) the hole exercise with the crazy orientation/altitude starts all over.

This is a great tool as it teaches you to react and not think of what to do in a bind cuz when it comes to helis "if you think.... it's too late!" this exercise was instrumental for me as it allowed me to progress in to rolls, flips, tic tocs and inverted flight with more confidence.

Good luck!
r0beert0 is offline Find More Posts by r0beert0
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV + McLaren P1 = HELLA FUN