HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2012, 05:31 PM
Newbie rc junkie
United States, TN, Dyersburg
Joined Nov 2011
103 Posts
Discussion
Need to get better run time

Hello once again I'm a newbie.last month I got a nitro sport. Was very pleased love it. Wanted a battery powered too. So I got a grave digger monster jam.(traxxas of course) . Well I love truck just not happy with 8 hour charging 15 min run. I have been looking at batteries and charges on tons of sites but confused. What I'm asking is does anyone no a good cheap charger that's faster ? It can charge nimh batt. I'll buy some more of the hump batteries if I have to. The whole lipo confuses me a little or should I get lipo and charger if so any good cheap ones out there? Would like to charge faster and have more run time! Thinking about getting a fast charger another 8.4 v nimh battery and the adapter that hooks them together. Any ideas please!This is also posted in off road cars I got hardly any responses
Kmmac1705 is offline Find More Posts by Kmmac1705
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2012, 07:53 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,783 Posts
Get a better charger and more packs, or make the jump to lipo packs. More run time and they're much easier to find good deals on.

I have this charger: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._GENUINE_.html

You'll have to measure your chassis, but this should fit without modifications:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

You will have to change the plugs so that the ESC, charger and batteries all have the same type of plugs, but that's as easy as buying them and soldering them on.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:55 AM
Joined Jan 2012
177 Posts
Im wondering about a faster charger for my Animus 18sc that has a 1100mAh NiMH
4x4boy is offline Find More Posts by 4x4boy
Old Jan 19, 2012, 01:05 PM
uk
Joined Nov 2010
410 Posts
multi charger that can charge Nimhs-Nicads-Lipo-Life then you won't have to buy another charger again if your using nimh now then decide to try lipo.
traxx de maxx is offline Find More Posts by traxx de maxx
Old Jan 22, 2012, 05:09 PM
Newbie rc junkie
United States, TN, Dyersburg
Joined Nov 2011
103 Posts
Went to tower hobbies and got a duratrax 235 advanced charger . Onyx 3000mah nimh battery(so I'll have 2) a 2s 4000mah traxxas lipo. And some stuff for sons nitro sport I needed. Hope that gives me more time running.
Kmmac1705 is offline Find More Posts by Kmmac1705