HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 10, 2012, 07:01 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
pffft! First thing I did was slice open the Micro Sabre when it arrived. I feel confident I will have the same idiot mentality with the Mig.

I remember one of the early videos saying the motor was screwed in which made for easy maintenance and swap out, but the fuse is glued together, so just like the Sabre it still needs to be sliced open to get to it.
Mig glued together? That would be a first for a HH ultra-micro. They usually simply use tape, or even the decals to hold the two parts of the fuse together. Will have to go watch those old videos again I guess.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2012, 07:15 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Cheese,

Your experience was with a completely different brick. So far, we have not had a single report of an AS3X brick failing on 3s. But it's still a crap-shoot!

Joel
That's good, hmmm 3S beast doesn't sound that bad.
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old May 10, 2012, 08:53 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,207 Posts
RG, I just checked and lovetofly25 did confirm a while ago that his fuse 'clam shell setup', as he called it, was taped together.

I'll definitely try it on 3S and will more than likely drop to a 3 blade to keep the revs up and get some nice eflux going.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old May 11, 2012, 07:17 AM
Melbourne, Aust
Joined Nov 2009
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
RG, I just checked and lovetofly25 did confirm a while ago that his fuse 'clam shell setup', as he called it, was taped together.

OK, I cut the tape/stickers down 1 side for your perusial. The nose wheel mount extends through top and bottom havles preventing me from flipping it right open to give you all a better shot. This is as far as i'm going on the inspection. It flys just tooo dam nice nice for me to damage it (sorry) . so far over 50 flights in winds from light to 20 kph, it really does handle the wind well. I know how frustraiting the delivery date is but...... its worth the wait.
lovetofly25 is offline Find More Posts by lovetofly25
Old May 11, 2012, 08:23 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,560 Posts
Any new info re the Fagot's ETA?

(What's the likelihood that HH will put that nickname on the box.....?)

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old May 11, 2012, 10:08 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,207 Posts
Looks like plenty of room to makes adjustments lovetofly25. Thanks for the slice up!
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old May 12, 2012, 09:04 AM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,997 Posts
Pugsam,

Not, never, ain't going to happen....

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old May 12, 2012, 09:13 AM
Joined Aug 2010
3,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie B View Post
Not, never, ain't going to happen....
Fred
Which???

- It ain't never gonna arrive?

- Or, it ain't never gonna have its official NATO nickname printed on the HH box?

Dave

Old May 12, 2012, 09:22 AM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Which???

- Or, it ain't never gonna have its official NATO nickname printed on the HH box?

Dave

Dave,

Things continue to evole, including a President's stand publicly, etc. There is nothing related to the name or airplane BTW, to current political and social issues. Nor to cigerettes and English Vs. English seperated by the 'Pond'. So given it's May 2012, Ain't going to happen. Just saying......

Fred

PS Disney screens their animated videos and box art a bit more carefully these days too!
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old May 12, 2012, 09:52 AM
Burlington, NJ USA
Joined Apr 2001
425 Posts
Well gay used to mean "happy," and "eating some nuts" used to mean "consuming indehiscent, hard-shelled, one-loculated, one-seeded fruit, such as an acorn or hazelnut." Not now. So they won't put that on the box. I'm sure the NATO name was probably assigned in the 1950's. Fast forward 60+ years later and it's taken on quite a different meaning, even without the additional G. Maybe they can get away with it on a static plastic model since there's not the R&D cost to recoup, and that hobby demographic is often older and less affected by the effects of popular culture? Just a theory. Anyhow, after watching this last video I'm not as impressed with the Mig as I was when it was first announced for some reason, I can't quite figure out why. Just doesn't seem as neat as in the HH promo videos. Maybe also in part because everytime I wait for one of these new planes, I just start getting tired of it before it comes out, then I don't feel like buying it anymore. Kinda like letting a food craving subside. But if they release an A4 next, I might have to pull the trigger.
bfaulguy is offline Find More Posts by bfaulguy
Old May 12, 2012, 10:20 AM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfaulguy View Post
Maybe also in part because everytime I wait for one of these new planes, I just start getting tired of it before it comes out, then I don't feel like buying it anymore.
Pretty much how I feel. I've had it backordered since announcement and I'm ready to cancel it and pick up the F86. I don't think its nearly as cool as the Mig is, but at least it released and already had a few batches ran. Seemed like that plane was announced and released it a good time frame. I could snag the Carbon Cub also instead. I'm a rather patient person, but it just gets old very quickly. I'm a die-heart HH fan, I just really really wish they would work on how they do releases. JMHO
Diesel6401 is online now Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Old May 12, 2012, 11:53 AM
United States, GA, Marietta
Joined Dec 2011
203 Posts
Does anyone have one of these yet? Wondering how fast and good it flies.
dragonshade is offline Find More Posts by dragonshade
Old May 12, 2012, 11:57 AM
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined May 2002
2,880 Posts
Last I heard they are to released at the end of may will see
mavdriver is offline Find More Posts by mavdriver
Old May 12, 2012, 12:09 PM
Joined Aug 2010
3,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavdriver View Post
Last I heard they are to released at the end of may will see
My crystal ball suggests something more like June 6-8.

Not a big difference.....and I'll be delighted if your info turns out to be more accurate than mine!

Dave

Old May 12, 2012, 04:10 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
921 Posts
Dave, the German crystal ball's say later
However, hope this bird comes without trouble, I can wait

BTW..found that interesting video on youtube...the questions goes in direction of new models with As3X and Quique is smiling and announces more planes in the nearest future (where the heck is the smiley with long tongue ?)

Nice, very nice and thanks, Quique

Quique Somenzini shows the new feature - AS3X (8 min 6 sec)
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Last edited by SLK Count; May 12, 2012 at 04:21 PM.