HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 20, 2012, 08:35 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
I have 5 of these on the way, hopefully i have the mig around the same time as there get here!
For 5 Bucks a pop you cant beat it!

Anyone have any experience with these?
Link??
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2012, 10:13 AM
Crazy Canuck
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2007
2,174 Posts
You better cross your flying fingers that the MIG,Spitfire and glider don't have the same problems as the CC has cause if they do HH is going to have a real problem getting customers back on their UMX's. I hope they get the issues solved
NEWBEFLYER is online now Find More Posts by NEWBEFLYER
Old May 20, 2012, 10:29 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Link??
LOL sorry about that, to many things going on at the same time

There the Nano 180s
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=19423
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2012, 10:51 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBEFLYER View Post
You better cross your flying fingers that the MIG,Spitfire and glider don't have the same problems as the CC has cause if they do HH is going to have a real problem getting customers back on their UMX's. I hope they get the issues solved
What models had Probs with CG? Corsair and old Sukhoi Su-26m?
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2012, 11:55 AM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,535 Posts
Quote:
What is the problem with the CC?!?!
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old May 20, 2012, 11:58 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,637 Posts
Quote:
There is no problem with the CC, per se. The reports of servo failures are simply statistics. Those of us who have been flying these UMs & following the threads since the beginning have seen the same pattern with pretty much every UM release since the Sukhoi 26m. After the mad rush, servo-failure reports all but fade into the statistical noise. The half-dozen or so local shops in my area have sold boatloads of Carbon Cubs, and they have received very few complaints of servo failure. Forums are noted for being poor sources of statistical data, as they do not represent reality. Only a very small minority of RCers post in forums at all. Of those who do, most only do so when they have a problem. Only a very, very tiny percentage show up on forums just to tell everyone how good their stuff is working. This heavily skews the data.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2012, 12:19 PM
Parkzone junkie
Joined Oct 2008
3,535 Posts
Quote:
There is no problem with the CC, per se. The reports of servo failures are simply statistics. Those of us who have been flying these UMs & following the threads since the beginning have seen the same pattern with pretty much every UM release since the Sukhoi 26m. After the mad rush, servo-failure reports all but fade into the statistical noise. The half-dozen or so local shops in my area have sold boatloads of Carbon Cubs, and they have received very few complaints of servo failure. Forums are noted for being poor sources of statistical data, as they do not represent reality. Only a very small minority of RCers post in forums at all. Of those who do, most only do so when they have a problem. Only a very, very tiny percentage show up on forums just to tell everyone how good their stuff is working. This heavily skews the data.

Joel
Thanks Joel, I just read the last 4 pages of the CC thread. Yeah Linear servos and 100% endpoints and like you mentioned Forums are bad statistical data. My LHS has sold 6 and not a one has had issue yet. I was #8 on the preorder list so I'll have mine next weekend I hope.

-Brian
Old May 20, 2012, 12:22 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:

Joel
So it's only about 10% of the CC's that are having servo problems you think? So that's not a problem at all.. As long as you happen to be a 90%er I guess..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old May 20, 2012, 12:56 PM
Parkzone junkie
Joined Oct 2008
3,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob;
So it's only about 10% of the CC's that are having servo problems you think? So that's not a problem at all.. As long as you happen to be a 90%er I guess..
Wasn't trying to imply that it wasn't to checked for or even a problem. Just that a locking linear servo is not deal breaking. An airframe defect or aerodynamic shortcoming can not be overcome as easy as dialing in 90% endpoints on a servo, or even replacing with the 1.3oz HK servos.

Now back to the Mig waiting.

Couple more weeks, can barely wait!!!

-Brian
Old May 20, 2012, 01:42 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
Wasn't trying to imply that it wasn't to checked for or even a problem. Just that a locking linear servo is not deal breaking. An airframe defect or aerodynamic shortcoming can not be overcome as easy as dialing in 90% endpoints on a servo, or even replacing with the 1.3oz HK servos.

Now back to the Mig waiting.

Couple more weeks, can barely wait!!!

-Brian
I guess it would all depend on how hard it hit and what got damaged when the servo stopped working.. The CC lacks elevator control as it is and limiting it to 90% doesn't help that or even the sticking problem from all reports.. Maybe they need to offer a cheaper one without the servos or RX?? Even better maybe HK will have a clone out shortly with their RX and servos..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old May 20, 2012, 11:36 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,370 Posts
LOL i just re-read your post, you said CC not CG lmao!
RCG Plus Member
Old May 21, 2012, 01:56 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
LOL i just re-read your post, you said CC not CG lmao!
Hate to tell you, but he meant CC... Carbon Cub.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old May 21, 2012, 02:45 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,194 Posts
Well, I got word via facebook from the local distributor that the container with the Mig's inside may be here in about 4 weeks or so.... let's see how it goes.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old May 21, 2012, 03:27 AM
Joined Aug 2011
789 Posts
Woohoo lets hope so
jim350 is offline Find More Posts by jim350
Old May 21, 2012, 06:06 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,194 Posts
Heaven forbid if something goes wrong with my UMX Mig and I should actually bring the subject up on these boards Jim! .... What a pain it has been simply telling people of the problems with your 2 AS3X Beasts in the other thread....
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged