HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2012, 03:24 PM
Canada, NL, St John's
Joined Sep 2011
213 Posts
Discussion
Turnigy AE-30A ESC Programming

I can't seem to program these speed controllers with the two program cards I have listed below:

Turnigy AE-30A Speed Controllers
Turnigy Programming Card
Turnigy 2-in-1 Professional Programming Box

I have the settings, but can't seem to get past the connecting stage.

Using the Program Card: it lights up red with the blue led saying connecting but nother ever happens.

When I use the Programming Box: it Turns on, gives the version number, then next screen sits there saying connecting.

I've tried 5 speed controllers and the same results.
Razzil is offline Find More Posts by Razzil
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2012, 07:43 PM
Canada, ON, Owen Sound
Joined Oct 2008
2,717 Posts
The Turnigy programming card is the right one. The other you show is for Kforce esc's only.
Make sure you plug the esc lead to the right side 3 pin set in the correct way, it can be turned upside down. Then plug in battery fto esc. Do not plug in a battery to the left set of pins. Power to run the card comes from the Esc.
FWIW Doug B
Doug Bartley is offline Find More Posts by Doug Bartley
Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:08 PM
Canada, NL, St John's
Joined Sep 2011
213 Posts
ESC lead is plugged in correctly (white, red, black .. to ... signal, positive, negative) BEC.

The only way the card will power on is when a 4.8v supply is plugged into the Batt area.

When it does power on, lights stay lit unresponsive to any buttons.

RE the Programming Box: I did read that after. No luck with the card.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:46 AM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,358 Posts
Is this more then one esc that's not working?
The card can be used two ways. One with a pack plugged into the esc, or for an opto esc you plug an rx pack into the card also.

From the sounds of it, if it's just one esc, you have a bad esc. If it's more then one esc, sounds like a bad card. I have one like that. Card lights up, no matter how I provide power to it, but won't do a thing...
Glacier Girl is online now Find More Posts by Glacier Girl
Old Jan 17, 2012, 04:19 PM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
I think the only ae that works with a programming card is the 45 and it uses the kforce/Hobbywing platinum program and it uses the speed card or the 2 in 1 box.
keyman923 is offline Find More Posts by keyman923
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2012, 04:25 PM
Canada, NL, St John's
Joined Sep 2011
213 Posts
Glacier Girl: All 10 ESC's are the same results. Your card that lights up, no matter how you provide power to it ... Did you have a bad card?

Keyman923: The AE-45A works with the Turnigy Programming Card? and Turnigy 2-in1 box?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 04:31 PM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
I think Hobbyking keeps listing the turnigy card on esc's that won't work with it, some that are not card programable and like the AE-45 that it is card programable but lists the wrong card that works.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:37 PM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzil View Post
Glacier Girl: All 10 ESC's are the same results. Your card that lights up, no matter how you provide power to it ... Did you have a bad card?

Yep it's a bad card. Won't program a darn thing. And yep I've powered it off an esc and also used an rx pack on it to no avail.
Bought another one that works just fine.
Someday I'll tear it apart and see if it's repairable, or salvage the LED's out of it.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:30 AM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
Glacier girl you were able to program it to play music? Sure seems to be alot of discussion and reviews that it didn't work?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:55 PM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,358 Posts
Honestly, I never tried. Couple beeps was enough for me.
Old Feb 02, 2012, 05:10 AM
Southern Darling Downs Qld, Australia
Joined Sep 2010
148 Posts
Hi All, i have had the same problem wwith programming the AE 25 and the AE 30 with the Turnigy programming card. It goes great on the Plush series but not on the AE. Any ideas
Kennyglide is offline Find More Posts by Kennyglide
Old Jul 13, 2012, 05:20 PM
United States, WA, Richland
Joined Dec 2003
15 Posts
Programming the Turnigy AE-25A

I have 2 of these. You DO NOT USE a card to program these. One of mine would not enter program mode until I set the throttle servo limit to 120%. The procedure to program these units is as follows.
Turn on the xmitter, set the throttle to high (full on). Plug in the ESC. You should hear an ascending scale of 5 notes followed by a warbling series. You're now in program mode.
Pull the throttle to low. You will soon hear a single beep repeated 5 times. During this period set the throttle for the brake desired; i.e., for no brake leave the throttle at low. For soft brake move the throttle to the mid point.. After the 5 series you'll hear a short tune indicating this channel is done. Next will be 2 beeps repeated 5 times for setting the timing mode; i.e., for high move the throttle to full on. When this is complete the end tune plays and series of 3 beeps is repeated 5 times for the battery cutoff setting. After that 4 beeps 5 times for Aircraft type. Then 5 beeps 5 times for Throttle response. Lastly there is a series of 6 beeps repeated 5 times that is not documented. I believe this is to set the BEC output voltage.

When your done programming you unplug the ESC, pull the throttle to low and replug the ESC. You'll get a power on indication followed by a beep readout of each of the program channels either 1 beep 2 beeps or 3 beeps depending on what you selected. For the first 5 channels. There is no readout of the 6th one.
Stand is offline Find More Posts by Stand
Old Jul 14, 2012, 05:52 PM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
Thank you Stand, i do not see why people are posting the card works on the 20-25-30
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:35 AM
Joined Jul 2012
7 Posts
I would like tho thank Stand to his quide. It worked well :-)
Crashpc is offline Find More Posts by Crashpc
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:58 AM
The Netherlands, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Jun 2012
28 Posts
Throttle signal loss protection

This is an old thread but Iíll give it a shot. I have two questions regarding my Turnigy AE-25A.
1. The first two steps in the programming procedure seem to be reversed. For entering the menu I first have to plug in the lipo to the ESC and then turn on my transmitter (trainer button + power button, I have spectrum DX6i). The manual says first turn on transmitter and then power-up ESC. I found youtube videoís doing the same as I do. But a lot of people on forums follow the manual. When I follow the manual my OrangeRx just keeps flashing fast and nothing happens. Should I ignore this and just continue?
2. I now have programmed my ESC. But thereís one thing I donít like. When I force a signal loss by turning off my DX6i the brushless motor goes to full throttle and ofcourse I want it to shut down. How do I change the Throttle signal loss protection. On the site of hobbyking is says that this ESC has this function:

Erwin

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...hless_ESC.html
Patatduif is offline Find More Posts by Patatduif