HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by ViperZ, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 08:44 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Discussion
Eagle is Making Slow Progress

I've been working on mine a little at a time, it seems with this sprained ankle, I'm just not as active or coherent, and most times just want to lay on the couch and watch sports..

I did get the landing gear installed as well as the tail feathers glued on. Every time I look at this unit I catch my self saying "F*$k me, this is going to be one sweet plane to fly..." Pardon my Chinese, but there is something about this plane that just speaks to me. I love the size and girth of the unit, yet it is so compact and efficient looking. I love the shape and stance of it!

I got my servos and power system ordered up. I will be using Hyperion HP-DS20-FMD Metal Gear digitalis for all controls. I'm using 2 of these in my Sundowner 50 with good success, while using the HP-DS16-FMD for the wings due to the thinner airfoil. I chose to stick with the DS20 for the wings in the Eagle for there is enough room in the wing. These servos have great speed and super strong torque specs.

For the Power System I went with an E-Flite Power 110. Not sure what to do with the spinners until I get the motor and see how it fits and go from there. I picked up a 10Amp Castle E-BEC to be used, but I have not yet decided on my ESC. I was going to just get a CC 100 Amp Ice, however I may just transfer that same 100amp ESC from my Sundowner 50 to the Eagle and replace the Sundowner with a HV unit so I can step that system up to a 10s, from 8s....

In case nobody has noticed, I'm really liking this plane!!

I was able to get the cabanes installed and do a general mounting of the wings for and overall look. It was funny as I was coming out of the shop with it, the cat seen it coming at him and he bolted, running away for fear of his life

Have you guys noticed the right cowl hole is bigger than the left cowl decal hole is perceived to be? Not sure if I'm going to leave this or carve it out to be the same size...

This is one sweet looking plane! So much so I had to snap a few photos as I showed it off to my family. The DX8 TX is shown for size reference
ViperZ is offline Find More Posts by ViperZ
to remove ads between posts