HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:56 PM
Canada, ON, Angus
Joined Aug 2007
23 Posts
Help!
26cc ID and Carb help !!???

Hi guys, hopefully someone can help me out. I was recently given this engine and I'm looking for a little more info on it. The ignition that was in the box says SV on it, but I have not been able to find an SV 26cc that was equipped with a primer bulb carb.

I have no documentation with the engine, I would like to know what kind of engine this is for sure.

Also, I would like to know if anyone could recommend a replacement carb with a choke instead of a primer bulb.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Colin
Colin Geisel is offline Find More Posts by Colin Geisel
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:08 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
7,571 Posts
carb

Keep the primer bulb...that is a great starting asset.It pumps fuel from the tank to the carb without cranking the engine.=less effort.
A second and often forgotten advantage is that it also flushes the carburetor.

If the engine sits for any time,the gasoline evaporates at a faster rate than oil,so theres the difficulty of getting fresh fuel to the carb by choking.

You can add a choke,but keep the primer.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 08, 2012, 11:43 PM
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
13 Posts
Looks like somebody has changed out the carb, which is good!! .see a number on the side of carb? should be WT something, It'll crank w/o a choke, mine do
rebranger is offline Find More Posts by rebranger
Old Apr 09, 2012, 04:20 AM
Canada, ON, Angus
Joined Aug 2007
23 Posts
Thanks, guys. I've just built a test stand, I'm going to run it hopefully next weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.
Colin Geisel is offline Find More Posts by Colin Geisel