HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by sotog, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 12:45 PM
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Nov 2009
648 Posts
Trader Rating: 22
For Sale
Multiplex Easy Star / Sky Surfer / Bixler Adjustable Aluminum Motor Mount

This CNC machined aluminum two piece mount is designed to adapt a large range of outrunner motors to the Multiplex Easy Star. It will allow for three different motor mounting heights to accommodate propeller sizes ranging from 6" to 8".

With this feature you can easily run a lower KV motor with a larger propeller for more thrust and better efficiency. This would be a perfect combination for FPV pilots looking for longer flight times and a more quite platform.

Swapping motors from a 35mm outrunner with an 8" prop to a 28mm outrunner with a 6" prop can easily be done by removing a few screws. This is ideal for those looking to achieve the best performance possible.
Position 1: stock height up to a 6" prop.
Position 2: (+) 0.41" for up to a 7" prop.
Position 3: (+) 1.0" for up to an 8" prop.
Compatible Motors:
28mm Outrunner
35mm Outrunner
Acceptable bolt patterns (mm): 16x16, 16x19, 19x19, 19x25, 25x25

Due to the large variety of compatible motors, please verify motor size and KV will suite flying style. Contact me for any questions regarding motor compatibility

Three step installation:
1. Glue motor base tube into the fuselage (nacelle) making sure mounting flange is square.
2. Attach new motor to motor plate with supplied flat head screws.
3. Attach motor plate to motor tube at desired height with suppled pan head screws.
These are manufactured by Small Parts CNC. Please visit my website for more rc products.
Included: 1 - Motor Base Tube and Motor Plate, 4 motor screws and 4 mount screws.. Weight: 20g
Notes: A 35mm outrunner motor will only fit in Position 3 (+ 1.0"). 28mm outrunners will work in any of the three positions. The stock thrust angles are retained in all 3 positions. If a change in thrust angle is desired, simply add a small washer between the motor base and motor plate at the appropriate locations.

Price is $15.95 ea. with a fixed shipping of $2.00 in the US and $4.00 International. Send me a PM if you are interested or have any other questions.

Thanks for looking!

Terry
sotog is offline Find More Posts by sotog
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2012, 01:39 AM
Joined Jan 2012
5 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Nice machining work.
But surely this shifts the motor aft of the designed position & most builders are already reporting the need to move batteries forward to get the CG correct. This just makes that "problem" a little worse?
peterlonz is offline Find More Posts by peterlonz
Old Jan 15, 2012, 01:50 AM
Joined Nov 2009
648 Posts
Thanks!

Yes this will change the COG slightly on a completely stock setup. As other have done, this can be corrected by moving electronics forward to adjust for this. Also running a larger battery for longer flight times would work well to adjust for this.

This setup is very well suited for those that have additional electronics such as cameras, and FPV equipment located on the front of the model which would easily compensate for the slight change in COG. And with the heavier weight, a more efficient lower KV outrunner with a larger prop would work excellent.

I have just released the same type of setup, but with a larger tube which can accommodate an inrunner or outrunner in the stock motor location. This is probably the version you would be interested in if using a completely stock setup. Though it does require a little bit of foam removal (the 3 ribs inside the nacelle).

I have almost finished with the photos and will be posting an add up soon. But if you are anyone else is interested in the 'inrunner' version, send me a PM.

Thanks,

Terry
Site Sponsor
Old May 01, 2012, 06:49 AM
Joined Feb 2010
11 Posts
Website..

Is the website smallcncparts down? I tried to go in but could'nt... Thanks

JT
helipilot2 is offline Find More Posts by helipilot2
Old May 01, 2012, 12:18 PM
Joined Nov 2009
648 Posts
Still up and running!
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 26, 2012, 05:58 AM
Joined Feb 2010
11 Posts
Motor mount.

I ordered one of these mounts and recieved it very quickly. Its very well made and gave me the capability of installing in my Bixler a bigger motor and bigger prop for the extra power i need to be able to lift and handle the extra weight of the FPV equipment. I am very happy with my purshase and kudos to Small Parts CNC for a good quality, easy to install product!,!
helipilot2 is offline Find More Posts by helipilot2
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:31 AM
Joined Nov 2009
648 Posts
Thank you for the feedback! I am glad you like the mount and it is working well. Hope you have a lot of great flights with it.

Terry
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread