HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2012, 04:07 AM
I am a Helicolic! Citizen#207
Redmond, WA
Joined Aug 2010
49 Posts
Discussion
All I'd like is onboard video with OSD

Excuse me for posting this in the FPV forum but I'm hoping that someone here will have the experience to answer me.

I'm thinking of getting a few-$100 range OSD system and hopefully I can overlay the OSD screen on an onboard recorded video. So practically I would like to add the OSD only for in-flight information on an onboard camera recording. Wondering if someone has any experience with tweaking an integrated camera+SD recorder (something like a so-called keychain camera but a little better, in HD) to overlay the camera's video image with the OSD before it goes for being processed for recording?
Tomy. is offline Find More Posts by Tomy.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2012, 07:52 PM
Team White Llama
USA, IL, Mundelein
Joined Mar 2005
1,062 Posts
http://www.rclogger.com/index.php

this may be what you want all in one solution. If not what you want is a little strange without transmitting the video down with the osd data overlayed, then recording that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomy. View Post
Excuse me for posting this in the FPV forum but I'm hoping that someone here will have the experience to answer me.

I'm thinking of getting a few-$100 range OSD system and hopefully I can overlay the OSD screen on an onboard recorded video. So practically I would like to add the OSD only for in-flight information on an onboard camera recording. Wondering if someone has any experience with tweaking an integrated camera+SD recorder (something like a so-called keychain camera but a little better, in HD) to overlay the camera's video image with the OSD before it goes for being processed for recording?
thefokker is offline Find More Posts by thefokker
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:03 PM
I am a Helicolic! Citizen#207
Redmond, WA
Joined Aug 2010
49 Posts
Thanks, I'll check it out. You're right, it's a bit strange I want OSD without transmitting the image back. I'm not into FPV at all, but I would like to get altitude, speed, climb and other data from the recorded video. One option would be the data from a data logger that I can overlay on the recorded video.
Tomy. is offline Find More Posts by Tomy.
Last edited by Tomy.; Jan 15, 2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 07:39 PM
Team White Llama
USA, IL, Mundelein
Joined Mar 2005
1,062 Posts
Friend of mine just got the Rc logger cam for exactly the same reason as you. It looks pretty cool. Good luck on your mission sir
Happy Flying, Dave
thefokker is offline Find More Posts by thefokker