HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2012, 08:16 PM
Hooked on FPV
Joined Jan 2012
86 Posts
Discussion
Eagle N6 Controller board

Hi everyone, I'm in the process of building my first multicopter and eventually want it to be video capable once I get a few hours behind the sticks. I want a good stable platform that will auto-hover without wobbling. I have been looking at the various controller boards, I see that the Multiwii is probably the best as far as stability but its a little out of my price range and know-how. I stumbled upon the Eagle N6 board (pre programmed with version 2.3 firmware) and it basically looks like a plug and play kk board with better gyro's and some easy mode change dip switches. Have any of you had any experience with this board, if so what do you think about it? How stable is the auto hover? I can't seem to find any discussions about it anywhere so I'm guessing either it sucks or it's something that just came out recently and is not main stream yet. Thanks in advance for any info, this looks like a great RC community.
ferrocium is offline Find More Posts by ferrocium
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2012, 08:30 PM
Joined Apr 2010
1,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrocium View Post
Have any of you had any experience with this board, if so what do you think about it?
This 13 pages thread might interest you: showthread.php?t=1528282
Mortimer is offline Find More Posts by Mortimer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 5V Power Supply
Old Jan 13, 2012, 09:24 PM
Hooked on FPV
Joined Jan 2012
86 Posts
Thank you Mortimer for pointing me to that thread, interesting info, it does look like a fairly new control board which is probably why there isn't much info about it right now.
I don't see any first hand experience info on how stable it is while hovering, hoping someone can relay some first hand experience with this board.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:05 PM
Hooked on FPV
Joined Jan 2012
86 Posts
Well...after doing some reading on the forums here it looks like I might go for the Multiwii board from www.goodluckbuy.com as it has alot more functionality capabilities, looks easier to customize settings, and is about the same cost.

I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and do some programming with this board as opposed to a plug and play it seems. I have never programmed a chip before and just looking over the posts on here it looks pretty intimidating. But should be a good learning experience.

I'm worried about the Piezo Gyros VS the MEMS Gyros and what kind of platform stability it will give me. Would there be a way to upgrade the gyros on the multiwii board in the future? Anyone have experience with Piezo vs MEMS gyros? Would it really make that much of a difference in the shakyness of the video once I get a cam mounted on the quadcopter?
Old Jan 15, 2012, 06:41 PM
Ottawa, ON
Joined Oct 2010
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrocium View Post
Thank you Mortimer for pointing me to that thread, interesting info, it does look like a fairly new control board which is probably why there isn't much info about it right now.
I don't see any first hand experience info on how stable it is while hovering, hoping someone can relay some first hand experience with this board.
Hello, I have posted some videos in the main N6 thread showing my experiences, the latest one I am shooting video and trying to keep it hovering in one spot.
I honestly don't see this board being very popular - nobody seems to be posting in the main thread, perhaps for what the $60 people can get other boards cheaper. KK and multiwii ? I went for the Eagle because it is my first board and i didn't want to monkey around with programming. The yaw is slow, but the rest of it is sporty enough, I am far away from doing flips etc and I dont plan on doing actual FPV until spring/summer(too cold now)
awdiver is offline Find More Posts by awdiver