HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 23, 2012, 07:55 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
NitroCharged's Avatar
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
Man! that's a big pair of boots!
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2012, 07:58 PM
Registered User
lousyflyer's Avatar
savannah, GA
Joined Feb 2003
138 Posts
It will be loved during it's inevitably short lifespan.

I didn't get my username for nothing, you know.
lousyflyer is offline Find More Posts by lousyflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:08 AM
Addicted to building...
Freddie B's Avatar
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,999 Posts
Two more Ammo Inrunners ordered today from Tower. After all I had to order three 30mm Hyperflow fans when they were back ordered to get any, so each now has a proper powerplant to drive it.

Now what to make when I have a bit of spare time? I am loving the lightweight setup these units provide, and yes in my book efficient for their output. It was only money...

Wifey got a salad shooter, and her Weekly In-Touch Magazine, so I'd say we are even.

Fred

BTW, my oldest has shoes that big too. Lucky he moved away and pays for his own food now. I think if we meet I'll call you Sir, and we will go Dutch treat on the snacks and beer!
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:02 AM
Fear me, I'm a space-duck.
hanzie's Avatar
Nederland, GE, Wageningen
Joined Nov 2011
288 Posts
Those shoes are nothing!
(Guess we Dutchies just have big feet over here, probably caused by generations of these things: )
hanzie is offline Find More Posts by hanzie
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:26 AM
Addicted to building...
Freddie B's Avatar
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,999 Posts


That is a really big shoe! When I said Dutch treat, that's not what I meant. Hope that shoe doesn't belong to your mother-in-law! LOL

Been thinking, even though HH is coming out with a MiG soon ( ), I would love to see Great Planes make their own to compliment this Sabre. They would be even matched like the real ones were and seems only fitting to have a contemporary in a series. (Hint, hint).


Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:36 AM
Registered User
lousyflyer's Avatar
savannah, GA
Joined Feb 2003
138 Posts
Belly landing
lousyflyer is offline Find More Posts by lousyflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 01:04 PM
Addicted to building...
Freddie B's Avatar
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,999 Posts
Now you went and did it, landed on and killed the Jolly Green Giant. Now who's going to make all them canned vegetables for us. I've heard of sleeping on it, but not sleeping with it? LOL! You must not be married because my wifey wouldn't put up with that (when she's home)

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 01:21 PM
Registered User
lousyflyer's Avatar
savannah, GA
Joined Feb 2003
138 Posts
Weather will not cooperate. Waiting for the mailman with more goodies. Very bored.
lousyflyer is offline Find More Posts by lousyflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 01:36 PM
Registered User
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lousyflyer View Post
It will be loved during it's inevitably short lifespan.

I didn't get my username for nothing, you know.
FIRST DIBS on the running gear!!!!.......

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:09 PM
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
3,022 Posts
Not sure if this question has been answered yet (I didn't see it in a search), but with HH now offering the as3x as a stand-alone programmable rx/esc combo are any of you planning to try it out in this F-86? Been reading about the un-controlled pitch issues, has that been fully taking care of with the CG placement and does anyone think the as3x will help prevent that from occurring? After using the system in my mqx and mcp-x v2, I am truly a huge fan of it! I like this F-86, but with recent high winds in the area I would be timid to fly this little guy without use of such system, I know my mqx doesn't care at all about the winds lol... Once again sorry if these points have been addressed. Thanks is advance!
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:18 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
Not sure if this question has been answered yet (I didn't see it in a search), but with HH now offering the as3x as a stand-alone programmable rx/esc combo are any of you planning to try it out in this F-86? Been reading about the un-controlled pitch issues, has that been fully taking care of with the CG placement and does anyone think the as3x will help prevent that from occurring? After using the system in my mqx and mcp-x v2, I am truly a huge fan of it! I like this F-86, but with recent high winds in the area I would be timid to fly this little guy without use of such system, I know my mqx doesn't care at all about the winds lol... Once again sorry if these points have been addressed. Thanks is advance!
Flying with the correct CG helps a lot to control the pitch ups.... I'm waiting to see how the MIG flies first before changing the Sabre..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:27 PM
Memento Mori
Diesel6401's Avatar
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
3,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Flying with the correct CG helps a lot to control the pitch ups.... I'm waiting to see how the MIG flies first before changing the Sabre..
If it's anything like I've experienced with the mcpx and the mqx it should awesome. I seen the comparison vids of the v1 beast w/o it and the v2 beast w/ it and it seemed to be a HUGE difference but I haven't flown any of those to date so wouldn't know from experience just what I've seen. It should be interesting that's for sure. I know I have the Mig pre-ordered and that system alone is why I chose it over this model. Really eager to see if anyone attempts it on this bird when the unit becomes available.
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:31 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
pugsam's Avatar
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
If it's anything like I've experienced with the mcpx and the mqx it should awesome. I seen the comparison vids of the v1 beast w/o it and the v2 beast w/ it and it seemed to be a HUGE difference but I haven't flown any of those to date so wouldn't know from experience just what I've seen. It should be interesting that's for sure. I know I have the Mig pre-ordered and that system alone is why I chose it over this model. Really eager to see if anyone attempts it on this bird when the unit becomes available.
+1, Diesel
pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 06:30 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
NitroCharged's Avatar
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
Not to derail the topic of Sabres, but it looks like I will be the only one removing the Mig's AS3X system and putting a normal rxer in it to see how it goes without the stabilisation. I got silence when I asked on the HH thread if any of the staff had done this to compare the performance with and without it... probably never crossed their minds to try it...

I'm still waiting for the last test I want to do with the Sabre - fly indoors. I found out they fly on a Friday morning at one of the venues and only allow true micro's - no big 3D shockie kamikaze pilots allowed, so if I can get down there in a few days time, I'll see if I can do a double basket ball hall flight.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:40 PM
Registered User
lousyflyer's Avatar
savannah, GA
Joined Feb 2003
138 Posts
I have pulled several stranded models from the tops of trees, but never from a basketball goal. Good luck, and may the force be with you.
lousyflyer is offline Find More Posts by lousyflyer
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Sabre Jet F86 30mm EDF by Great Planes..TX-Ready (TX-R)..or RTF Version 15'' WS modfly Micro Ready-to-Fly 151 Dec 20, 2012 09:20 PM
Sold Eflite F-86 Sabre BNF EDF Jet NEVER FLOWN ready to fly!!!! thutt3430 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 1 Apr 17, 2011 11:34 PM