HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2012, 10:08 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,243 Posts
Users Sabre Manual.!

OK - here's revision 1 of the 'user manual', now called the "user's manual" as edited by us.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Last edited by NitroCharged; Apr 03, 2012 at 04:01 AM. Reason: page 9 updated.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2012, 10:19 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
OK - here's revision 1 of the 'user manual', now called the "user's manual" as edited by us.
Page 9 needs "light posts" added in things to be free of when choosing a flying site..

Other than that so far I can't believe the good job you are doing...
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Apr 02, 2012, 10:38 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,378 Posts
Officially replaced copy of manual with NC's New and Improved User's Manual.

Edit the warranty page. Make it a 5 Year Free Replacement Warranty and Guarantee Against Tree and Light Pole Damage.

JoshB,

You're welcome.

g
giuseppi is online now Find More Posts by giuseppi
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:33 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,033 Posts
Maybe there should be a page with common sense suggestions and basic flight skills

Lol
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:44 PM
Novice in training
United States, NC, Statesville
Joined Aug 2011
708 Posts
giuseppi, I went online and almost ordered it, but remembered my F-86 will be here tomorrow from them and I think they usually send coupons. lol The weather is suppose to be pretty nice here tomorrow with 70's and lite wind, 3-5 mph so hopefully I can maiden her. Heres hoping. : )
JoshB is offline Find More Posts by JoshB
Old Apr 03, 2012, 03:46 PM
United States, TX, Midland
Joined Apr 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Just a hair forward of the back edge of the little circle. Or right at the 70mm mark if you measured from the front of the wing at the fuselage on the bottom. Or at 63mm if you are measuring as told to do in the instructions. This was with the new 250mAh battery it comes with placed all the way forward...

Did you also have a dime under the 250 mah battery?

I just received my F86 (with the new 250 mah battery). If I push this all the way forward will the CG be right, or do I need to add a dime under the battery?

Thanks
bushong572 is offline Find More Posts by bushong572
Old Apr 03, 2012, 04:32 PM
Joined Jun 2010
26 Posts
Has anyone had problems with the DX6i radio working with this plane?
None of the channels map up in either of the channel map modes with the any link receiver. I have no throttle on either of the 2 maps, one map if you use the elevator the ailerons also move. I am also getting tons of servo glitching when i plug the battery in. It seems to have been bound to the any link at the factory as it worked with the plane out of the box.
nurserob is offline Find More Posts by nurserob
Old Apr 03, 2012, 06:10 PM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,404 Posts
Did you read the Anylink instructions regarding channel mapping? If it isn't right you have to rebind in a certain way according to the manual.
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:12 PM
Joined Jun 2010
26 Posts
Seems it defaulted to elevon mode. I took it out and it works great.

One question though,is it normal for the servos to be 'glitching' or buzzing all the time? These do.No amount of trim adjustment fixes it either.
Last edited by nurserob; Apr 03, 2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 10:32 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,041 Posts
The buzzing is normal for digital micro servos.
fredmdbud is online now Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Apr 03, 2012, 11:00 PM
Joined Jun 2010
26 Posts
Thats good to hear. I have a micro Corsair and it has a hum,but these are really loud. Guess I will just have to get used to it.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 11:38 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,243 Posts
These servo's should NOT be buzzing. Which one is buzzing?
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Apr 04, 2012, 12:26 AM
Joined Jun 2010
26 Posts
They all are,as soon as i hook the battery up,I hear the buzz/hum/glitching, whatever it is called.My mini corsair does it too but not quite as loud as the sabre.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 03:14 AM
Novice in training
United States, NC, Statesville
Joined Aug 2011
708 Posts
Ok, got my F86 today and I have to say its a beauty. I can see where the vertical stabilizer is weak. It moves every time you move the rudder. The rx or something is making a bussing noise but I think it is just the servos humming a little. Don't think it will be a problem.

Now for an issue I can't seem to find an answer for. I checked the fail safe function and it dont work. If you cut the power to the Any Link the surfaces stay in whatever spot its in. The motor actually goes full bore. I didn't see anything in the F86 manual or the Any Link manual. Any ideas?
JoshB is offline Find More Posts by JoshB
Last edited by JoshB; Apr 04, 2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 01:55 PM
Joined Aug 2009
2,339 Posts
I maidened it today. Nice little bird. Not too exciting, all stock, but it flew as advertised. Maybe 35mph. Is was hard to tell exactly because of the variable breeze.

Flown with a DX7 (not DX7s). The mapping had to be changed as per the Any Link instructions as did the reversing on the controls.

Stock battery and location held down with a bit of velcro. The velcro was the only thing I added. I left the pilot out for now.

I used the LG even though I hand launched it just to see how it handled the weight and air resistance. It did just fine.

I underhand launched it WOT (and kept it there for most of the flight) into a 5-10 variable breeze. It went straight as an arrow. Looped and rolled and looped and rolled. It was very stable considering the variable conditions. I detected no hint of either tail or nose heaviness using the 70mm CG.

What I found the most interesting was that it didn't need any trim it at all. Narry a click.

The only things I wished for was a symetrical airfoil and another 10-15mph. Those would be improvements, not neccessities, IMHO.
19000rpm is online now Find More Posts by 19000rpm