SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:25 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi View Post
Well, received the Wing/Tail kit. As can be seen, not w/o issues. Call Tower- still open @ almost 7:00 PM- tell the guy on the phone how the package arrived. Explain that I took pictures, before and after I opened the box. He puts me on hold for about 20 or 30 seconds, comes back on the line and tells me they'll send another out right away. Doesn't need/want to see the pictures. Told me to keep the damaged one.

They did the same thing another time when they had the FlatOuts Warbirds. I purchased a Zero that arrived with the gear box fouled up. They sent a complete new one and told me to keep the defect. No questions asked.

Now, that's Customer Service.
I received mine also,, I better open the box and check it.. But good thing my box looks perfect on the outside..

Not perfect but better that the old wing looks..,, why would they lay the wing in the box first then pile all the other stuff on top of it and then put airbags on top of the pile and close up the box??
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Last edited by livonia bob; Mar 28, 2012 at 08:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:30 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
Bob, I'll just do a head count on the pitch up thing to refresh my memory...

How many of you are suffering this repeated nose up and stall problem?
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:42 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post

Better add how many have read of this problem and had the good sense to add nose weight before flying their F-86 so all my crash testing wasn't wasted.. And now don't have the nose up problem..

There is one guy that's flying around with a 808 camera in place of the canopy that says his is flying fine with the added weight of the camera..

I'm more thinking that you are the only one that didn't have it.. But I bet if I flew your plane it would have it.. Drop it in the mail to me and I'll run some tests on it for you...

But if I remember right you never even flew yours stock from the box did you??
Last edited by livonia bob; Mar 28, 2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:21 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
Quote:

Mine did but part of the problem was me trying to fly it in gusty/windy conditions...But the other half of the equation was the plane was just tail heavy with the stock battery..I flew mine with a heavier battery and was too nose heavy---The plane would tuck its nose in the turns...I turned the plane wing high against the wind and she tucked and lost altitude..I panicked, gave full up, stall...

About the nose pitch up---I'm pretty confident that had I tried the maiden in calm conditions, the nose would have pitched up and I would have saved the plane...I did save the plane when it initially pitched up and I then turned the plane back into the gusty winds, loosing it...

My problem was not being patient enough to wait for calmer conditions...Since I normally fly heavier planes I assumed that it would be a piece of cake flyng this bird for the first time in the wind...After I get the plane properly trimmed and the nose weight nailed down I'm sure this plane will be a winner!!!...BUT, I won't be flying soon as I'm now couped up in the hospital again......My ticker won't tick right!!...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:28 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
.BUT, I won't be flying soon as I'm now couped up in the hospital again......My ticker won't tick right!!...

Kevin
Kevin my prayers are with you and your family at this time. I am so sorry to hear that. Just rest and follow doctors orders. God bless you kind Sir!

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:35 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
Tail heavy doesn't count!

I thought it was some ariframe problem... not a "I didn't balance my jet right" problem...

Kev, just tell the Doc's to up the dosage... seems to work on the medical drama's the US spits out by the dozen....

In all seriousness, best to you and hope they sort it out quickly - there's flying to be done!.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:58 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Tail heavy doesn't count!

I thought it was some ariframe problem... not a "I didn't balance my jet right" problem...

Kev, just tell the Doc's to up the dosage... seems to work on the medical drama's the US spits out by the dozen....

In all seriousness, best to you and hope they sort it out quickly - there's flying to be done!.

It's both "I thought it was some ariframe problem... not a "I didn't balance my jet right" problem... "

Quick way to help the problem is a bigger battery/nose weight.. Best way is to stop the wing tips from stalling first. Both are for doing the same thing,, at low air speed make the nose pitch down on it's own not up when entering a stall..... Those of you that use the throttle stick as a off and on switch will have no problem flying this plane..
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:07 PM
BVM Viper Fever
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,552 Posts
Quote:
Mine did but part of the problem was me trying to fly it in gusty/windy conditions.BUT, I won't be flying soon as I'm now couped up in the hospital again......My ticker won't tick right!!...

Kevin
Kevin,
My replacement wings are in the mail...the wind got me too! On a side note I'm very sorry to hear your in the hospital. Hope the doctors get your "ticker" back in sync soon! Not sure I can do much to make you feel better but her is a sneak peak of a project inspired by your thread awhile back. I've been keeping it under wraps for several months. This is an older pic of the plug...it has molded wings now. Thanks for the inspiration! Should look good nnext to an electrolyte...
pdawg is offline Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:20 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,167 Posts
mine does an old stall sometimes, but its very easily managed, I think in my case it is too much up elevator and winds

BUT

I can't stress how easily managed it is.

Kev

Best of luck with your heart issues!

P double D Dawg

That FB looks sick bro - nice work
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:22 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
mine does an old stall sometimes, but its very easily managed, I think in my case it is too much up elevator and winds

BUT

I can't stress how easily managed it is.

Kev

Best of luck with your heart issues!

P double D Dawg

That FB looks sick bro - nice work
Mine does the NEW stall so it's harder to manage I guess... Depends on how high, what direction etc.. Some times it's fun some times it leads to a crash.. That's why I want to be the one telling it when and where to do it..
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:24 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,167 Posts
Add some CF to wing and tail and its all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Mine does the NEW stall so it's harder to manage I guess...
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:28 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
But I thought that I had the CG right the first time...The thing that I have to get used to is not having an inch of CG range...The smaller the plane, the smaller the range...1/4" on one of these micro planes can mean a the difference in a plane that flies well or a turd in the air...

Thanks for the get well wishes!!!....I was born with a defective heart valve and got it repaired a couple of years ago..But now, I'm having shortness of breath just walking 100 yards...They're trying to figure out what's wrong...

Kevin
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:29 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Add some CF to wing and tail and its all good.
So if I just add some CF to the wing and tail I'll go back to a old stall where the nose drops down and get rid of this new stall where it goes up? I'll have to peal off all the tape to do this..
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:34 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
But I thought that I had the CG right the first time...The thing that I have to get used to is not having an inch of CG range...The smaller the plane, the smaller the range...1/4" on one of these micro planes can mean a the difference in a plane that flies well or a turd in the air...

Thanks for the get well wishes!!!....I was born with a defective heart valve and got it repaired a couple of years ago..But now, I'm having shortness of breath just walking 100 yards...They're trying to figure out what's wrong...

Kevin
Hope they get you back in shape...

What/where were you calling the right CG at? the 70mm or the 67mm I advised was best?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:41 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg View Post
Kevin,
My replacement wings are in the mail...the wind got me too! On a side note I'm very sorry to hear your in the hospital. Hope the doctors get your "ticker" back in sync soon! Not sure I can do much to make you feel better but her is a sneak peak of a project inspired by your thread awhile back. I've been keeping it under wraps for several months. This is an older pic of the plug...it has molded wings now. Thanks for the inspiration! Should look good nnext to an electrolyte...
THANKS!!!...He he he---What will make ME feel better is you selling me an Electrolyte kit!!!...I'll settle for just a fuselage and make the built up wings myself...But seriously, I know how busy you must be...I have several friends that are now doctors---To be a doctor you have to have some real dedication as you give up so much of your time/life with the just the education/ continuing education alone...I coach soccer and have fellow coaches that are doctors with one being in the sports medicine field and the other an ER doctor...Today I heard both of their names being called for consults while in the ER so I know that both had their night off/dinners interupted...Does a doctor really have a day off???..

Anyway, sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!..I wanna FLY!!!!

Kevin