Old Jan 19, 2012, 03:33 PM
Trash Hauler emeritus
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2006
1,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Johnson View Post
The plugs are the same as micro Futaba.
So it's this one, right? Which sounds perfect, because I believe that is the same connector used in this great little micro receiver (and I just happen to have an extra one of those receivers on hand).
herk1 is offline Find More Posts by herk1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2012, 03:45 PM
Trash Hauler emeritus
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2006
1,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe View Post
For the sake of accuracy,

There are no servos on the E-flite Mig 'brick'. The main PCB has Rx, ESC, and AS3X sensors (similar to Hyper Taxi). Our history shows that these components are very reliable. (the ESC section has protection designed in.)

David
Your history differs from my history. Because my Champ lasted 27 flights before the ESC function of the 'brick' went south, protection or no protection. (my Night Vapor had an even shorter life...but in that case it was the motor, not the 'brick').

Glad to hear that you've unbundled the servos. But you undid that progress by bundling something else (the gyro[s]).
herk1 is offline Find More Posts by herk1
Old Jan 19, 2012, 03:50 PM
Just some guy
Joined Aug 2006
662 Posts
Herk 1, that is correct.
D Johnson is offline Find More Posts by D Johnson
Old Jan 19, 2012, 04:51 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
Freddie - you'll be better off with the Sabre than the Hawk anyway. I had to make a bunch of changes to get it to fly to what I would consider well. Now it sits stripped down on my bench half repainted and gathering dust...
Thanks for the words of encouragement my good friend. The sad part for me was that I have never flown it because it was deliverd broken and not worth fixing. Hobby King should be ashamed to sell a plane, have it delivered unusable, and not work with me at all! Terrble customer service. Beware of a company that will rip you off for a small purchase and risk loss of a lifetime of huge consumer loyalty.

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Jan 19, 2012, 06:09 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,028 Posts
Where can Canadians buy this?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jan 19, 2012, 06:12 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
946 Posts
I did not buy any of the 35mm jets for most of the reasons listed in the thread! I just thought they were mediocre at best. Underpowered and heavy. I don't mind modding cause most of us can't stand to leave a good plane "just a good plane". We constantly try to push the envelope. But you have to have a good base to start with. Now these two offerings are exactly what we want right out of the box. The Clips of the F--86 are great. We know what kind of power to weight ratio is needed to fly aerobatic manuevers, even to be able to roll inverted and sustain it shows this plane is on the right track. I for one am tired of flying in circles a half a mistake high. I've seen a lota video of these jets struggling to maintain level flight after the poster spent many good hours putting these things together only to be rewared with another expensive upgrage purchase half a world away to make those things what they should have been otta the box! Great Planes if your listening (And I believe You are) don't let us down. I'm waiting
MUTCAKE is offline Find More Posts by MUTCAKE
Old Jan 19, 2012, 06:43 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Where can Canadians buy this?
I'm in Canada and I pre-ordered mine from Todd's Models down in Snoqualmie, WA, their website made it easy. I also noticed the Great Planes website has a list of dealers, and there were some around Vancouver where I live, i probably could've gotten one of them to order it too. I bet you could find a shop in your area that could bring it in for you. I expect to pay 18% duty on it when it arrives, but Todd's site doesn't charge me WA state tax, so I'm not too bothered.

http://www.gpdealera.com/cgi-bin/wcA56910ap.pgm?V=GPM

Good luck!
eltreato is online now Find More Posts by eltreato
Old Jan 19, 2012, 07:25 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,243 Posts
DJ - Towerhobbies seems to be confusing me. To order online the link is here:http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBVVD&P=7

In their description of what is required apart from what is included is:

"REQUIRES: Tactic AnyLink SLT 2.4GHz Radio Adapter (TACJ2000) to adapt aircraft
transmitter (the Futaba Square, TACM0001 and JR, Spektrum, TACM0002
are included with the AnyLink adapter)
*Tactic 2.4GHz 4 or 6 channel transmitters do not require the
AnyLink adapter
"

Do they need to make a correction?
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Jan 19, 2012, 08:40 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,028 Posts
thanks

how much was yours including shipping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltreato View Post
I'm in Canada and I pre-ordered mine from Todd's Models down in Snoqualmie, WA, their website made it easy. I also noticed the Great Planes website has a list of dealers, and there were some around Vancouver where I live, i probably could've gotten one of them to order it too. I bet you could find a shop in your area that could bring it in for you. I expect to pay 18% duty on it when it arrives, but Todd's site doesn't charge me WA state tax, so I'm not too bothered.

http://www.gpdealera.com/cgi-bin/wcA56910ap.pgm?V=GPM

Good luck!
Old Jan 19, 2012, 08:43 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,028 Posts
aren't they all supposed to come with a module? or is this just certain vendors doing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
DJ - Towerhobbies seems to be confusing me. To order online the link is here:http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBVVD&P=7

In their description of what is required apart from what is included is:

"REQUIRES: Tactic AnyLink SLT 2.4GHz Radio Adapter (TACJ2000) to adapt aircraft
transmitter (the Futaba Square, TACM0001 and JR, Spektrum, TACM0002
are included with the AnyLink adapter)
*Tactic 2.4GHz 4 or 6 channel transmitters do not require the
AnyLink adapter
"

Do they need to make a correction?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 09:04 PM
Hobbico Employee
Champaign, IL
Joined Sep 2006
75 Posts
Quote:
aren't they all supposed to come with a module? or is this just certain vendors doing this?
Tower will be sending an AnyLink with your order. The Tech notes are a more permanent set of notes and do not reflect the details of the promotion. Normally Tower would have a special promo page linked from their home page that would explain this but they have not put it in place just yet. As for other vendors, they should be giving them away as well.
dieter88 is offline Find More Posts by dieter88
Old Jan 19, 2012, 09:06 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,028 Posts
Great news

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieter88 View Post
Tower will be sending an AnyLink with your order. The Tech notes are a more permanent set of notes and do not reflect the details of the promotion. Normally Tower would have a special promo page linked from their home page that would explain this but they have not put it in place just yet. As for other vendors, they should be giving them away as well.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 09:18 PM
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2005
852 Posts
So when using the anylink with our own radio will be still be able to adjust settings like normal, as in expo, dual rates, radio channel mixing etc? the instructions for anylink dont seem to cover this well. ( if it matters im using a jr 9503 and dx7)

if everything is still programmable/adjustable then I dont see the need to swap rx's like i orginally intended above.
smasher41 is offline Find More Posts by smasher41
Old Jan 19, 2012, 09:25 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
566 Posts
Quote:
thanks

how much was yours including shipping?
$164.63USD that includes over $30 in shipping. Hopefully I don't get charged taxes/duty when I pick it up, I've been lucky so far.

Cheers!
eltreato is online now Find More Posts by eltreato
Old Jan 19, 2012, 09:42 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,028 Posts
Not bad

I'm fairly certain this plank is in my future.

Was going to wait till spring BUT, might as well take advantage of the free module deal while it lasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltreato View Post
$164.63USD that includes over $30 in shipping. Hopefully I don't get charged taxes/duty when I pick it up, I've been lucky so far.

Cheers!