HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 28, 2012, 06:13 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_matt View Post
Ok guys! here is a short video of one of my flights today. Sorry for the crappy quailty. I am using my old GoPro mounted on my motorcycle helment I added a dime on the stock battery to move the C.G. fwd, and it flys sweet!! My timer is set to 3:00 mins, and I am putting 175-180 mah's back into it with varying throttle management. I am loving this little baby more and more as I put more stick time on it. Thanks goes out once again to D Johnson and the entire Hobbico team for providing me their great customer service the last few wks.
Great video Matt, Were you praying before the flight Loved the handlaunch and the nice straight passes.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2012, 07:06 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,279 Posts
Quote:
to bad none of those look to be selling this plane with the free AnyLink system..
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Feb 28, 2012, 07:11 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
to bad none of those look to be selling this plane with the free AnyLink system..
Looks like WT is.. At least they are saying that it comes with it free.. But the price is to high,, It's more than I paid at my LHS..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Feb 28, 2012, 07:14 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,279 Posts
Quote:
Ok guys! here is a short video of one of my flights today. Sorry for the crappy quailty. I am using my old GoPro mounted on my motorcycle helment I added a dime on the stock battery to move the C.G. fwd, and it flys sweet!! My timer is set to 3:00 mins, and I am putting 175-180 mah's back into it with varying throttle management. I am loving this little baby more and more as I put more stick time on it. Thanks goes out once again to D Johnson and the entire Hobbico team for providing me their great customer service the last few wks.
http://youtu.be/Mtxnv2_TPGY
Awesome, thank you for posting that mah info...!
based on the flight time in this video and 180mah put back into the pack, yours is pulling 4.47 Amps average through that flight
Old Feb 28, 2012, 07:16 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Looks like WT is.. At least they are saying that it comes with it free.. But the price is to high,, It's more than I paid at my LHS..
Got it, now I see it!
good eye bro!
yeah me to on the price.. that's the norm at $139.99 I think but some of us got them for $106.99 sticker price...
Old Feb 28, 2012, 07:23 PM
Lebanon,OH
Joined Oct 2002
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
Got it, now I see it!
good eye bro!
yeah me to on the price.. that's the norm at $139.99 I think but some of us got them for $106.99 sticker price...

Yeah! some guys have scored them at the lower price, but hey, I posted the links if someone wanted to get this bad boy without waiting until the end of March. Supply and demand at this point !! Still can't figure out the pricing differences that some of you have experienced! This thing is a steal at $107.00!!!!
M3_matt is offline Find More Posts by M3_matt
Last edited by M3_matt; Feb 28, 2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 07:45 PM
Lebanon,OH
Joined Oct 2002
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Great video Matt, Were you praying before the flight Loved the handlaunch and the nice straight passes.
LMAO!! No, I was trying to see if the GoPro's little flashing red light was on showing that it was in fact actually on!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 07:55 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,279 Posts
Quote:
Yeah! some guys have scored them at the lower price, but hey, I posted the links if someone wanted to get this bad boy without waiting until the end of March. Supply and demand at this point !! Still can't figure out the pricing differences that some of you have experienced! This thing is a steal at $107.00!!!!
Specially with the free AnyLink!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 08:44 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,555 Posts
I'm lucky I got my anylink for free; I has to say something since it didn't come with the plane; luckily they got a bunch in and gave me one for free.

I just finished wiring up a adapter to move the exposed pin off the ESC to be (+), and not (-) like stock. This way I can use my existing lipos which have (-) pin exposed. The adapter I made adds a little nose weight, and thus I can also use my Nano Tech 180's 25C with UMX connectors (have adaper for that) and not have to worry about adding a dime to counter for more nose weight.

I've already marked and tested CG at 70mm, and it balances; but first flight will be the real deal..

Also, I had to change connector on stock lipo, to have (-) pin exposed for it to work under new conditions.

Charging lipo now and will bind to any link with DX6i.
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:00 PM
United States, CT, Southbury
Joined Aug 2011
335 Posts
I have a DX8...so I have to wait till the cable adapter is available before I can fly mine real bummer!
RCflyerCT is offline Find More Posts by RCflyerCT
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:12 PM
Lebanon,OH
Joined Oct 2002
381 Posts
I also want to add for anyone that is confused with the pricing issues that the Anylink is free with the purshase of the F86 until April. So just because a place online does not list it with the price, it will come bundled with the Anylink.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:05 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCflyerCT View Post
I have a DX8...so I have to wait till the cable adapter is available before I can fly mine real bummer!
Hardly!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=144
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=159
I linked the second post because I think it was well done, only thing missing is a battery meter which you could make or buy, I found several meter designs on the web and in the DIY electronics section from a single chip and a few discreet components and pile of LEDs.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:33 AM
Joined Nov 2011
3,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
I'm lucky I got my anylink for free; I has to say something since it didn't come with the plane; luckily they got a bunch in and gave me one for free.
It's a free promo for everyone!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:09 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,555 Posts
before buying I never realized how much under camber this wing has; imagine how much faster it would be if it was symmetrical or semi-symmetrical?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:58 AM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
before buying I never realized how much under camber this wing has; imagine how much faster it would be if it was symmetrical or semi-symmetrical?
Yep!!!...That's why I'm building a symetrical wing for mine---Here is a link to the thread... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1602799 Well---Actually I'm build a new wing due to dorking the stock wing......

I'm going to get back on the GP F-86 wing build tonight as well as change out an aileron servo on my ArtTech Saber to get it ready for flight #2!!!

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Last edited by Kevin Greene; Feb 29, 2012 at 12:08 PM.