HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 25, 2012, 01:56 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
4,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi View Post
I received notification from Tower Hobbies that the 30mm Hyperflow EDF unit is now in stock, if anyone's interested.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=IA&I=LXBWMA#

g
someone help me out here..
this is the unit we have in our GP F-86 planes right?
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2012, 03:31 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
yes.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:00 AM
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Jun 2011
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg View Post
My idea of fun.
that looks awesome!

i have been planning a small change in paint scheme on my own f-86...

just need to get the decals printed, paint the nose and remove a couple of the factory decals
fwa2500 is offline Find More Posts by fwa2500
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:10 AM
BVM Viper Fever
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,560 Posts
Fwa2500,
Nice work with your decals and your paint scheme selection! Feel free to check out the re-painting the G.P. F-86 thread for ideas. Looking forward to seeing your finished product! . Please feel free to post pics in the other thread too. "the Huff" would be another cool scheme that would only require a few decals be removed.
pdawg is offline Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:13 AM
Joined Nov 2011
4,048 Posts
this is cool, now that others are having there own personal GP F-86 !
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:15 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwa2500 View Post
.....i have been planning a small change in paint scheme on my own f-86.....
+36 24 36

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:27 AM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,386 Posts
Go NAVY

giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:02 AM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
567 Posts
So I stuck my head in a nearby hobby shop on Friday to buy some heli parts. As I was paying I asked if any GP F-86s came through. I wasn't expecting much as their fixed wing selection is quite limited. Well the woman's eyes lit up and she told me to follow her. She was leading me towards the static models and I thought for sure I hadn't been specific enough. Well lo and behold there it was on the shelf. It went home with me :-). I thought it'd be a month at least before they got anything in if at all, but they had two come through on the first order. I cancelled my order with the online shop that had been stalling and telling me it'd be the end of March before they'd get one. Interestingly, when I cancelled they emailed me back saying "oh wait we just got three in." Too late you lose!

Does anyone with hours logged on this jet have any D/R expo recommendations?

Thanks!
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:06 AM
Joined Nov 2011
4,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltreato View Post
So I stuck my head in a nearby hobby shop on Friday to buy some heli parts. As I was paying I asked if any GP F-86s came through. I wasn't expecting much as their fixed wing selection is quite limited. Well the woman's eyes lit up and she told me to follow her. She was leading me towards the static models and I thought for sure I hadn't been specific enough. Well lo and behold there it was on the shelf. It went home with me :-). I thought it'd be a month at least before they got anything in if at all, but they had two come through on the first order. I cancelled my order with the online shop that had been stalling and telling me it'd be the end of March before they'd get one. Interestingly, when I cancelled they emailed me back saying "oh wait we just got three in." Too late you lose!

Thanks!
LOL, at 2 1/2-3min per flight thats a lot of flying!
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:12 AM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
LOL, at 2 1/2-3min per flight thats a lot of flying!
Haha yeah I thought about that right after I hit "submit". Comes from my 1:1 background. Does anyone with "time" logged have any recommendations?
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:42 AM
Lebanon,OH
Joined Oct 2002
453 Posts
Quote:

Thanks!
Great find!! I only have three flights on mine but for what it's worth, I am using 65%/20% expo on Air/Ele for low rates and 85%/30% for high rates on my DX6i.
M3_matt is online now Find More Posts by M3_matt
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:54 AM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_matt View Post
Great find!! I only have three flights on mine but for what it's worth, I am using 65%/20% expo on Air/Ele for low rates and 85%/30% for high rates on my DX6i.
Thanks Matt, those sound pretty good, I'll give them at try!
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:02 PM
Lebanon,OH
Joined Oct 2002
453 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Matt, those sound pretty good, I'll give them at try!
No problem!! Good luck with your maiden!! Also I haven't tweaked my C.G. yet like many here have. I threw in a little piece of velcro to make sure my battery stays all the way fwd. Mine flys good at the rec C.G., but other guys have moved it a little fwd by adding a little weight up front or using a little bigger MAH battery.
M3_matt is online now Find More Posts by M3_matt
Old Feb 26, 2012, 01:43 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_matt View Post
No problem!! Good luck with your maiden!! Also I haven't tweaked my C.G. yet like many here have. I threw in a little piece of velcro to make sure my battery stays all the way fwd. Mine flys good at the rec C.G., but other guys have moved it a little fwd by adding a little weight up front or using a little bigger MAH battery.
Thanks Man. I was kinda surprised there's no CG info in the manual. I was also surprised it didn't come with any valcro I'm going to be running 240mah Hyperions with a homemaded UMX to Deans adapter, I'm hoping that will be enough weight initially. That said I saw an earlier post saying the 240 wasn't enough. I'll post up results after the maiden in the coming days.
Last edited by eltreato; Feb 26, 2012 at 02:14 PM. Reason: homonym mix-up
Old Feb 26, 2012, 02:05 PM
RC Connectors dot com
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Jan 2008
1,184 Posts
Battery adapters

As promised earlier in this thread, I now have an adapter for this plane that lets you use your existing Eflite Beast/Sbach/UMX Stryker/HyperTaxi 2S batteries. (like the EFLB1802S20)

In fact, I made two!

These are in addition to the adapter that lets you use batteries with JST connectors. All three are shown below.

I have a whole section of my site dedicated to the GP F-86 Sabre here:

http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...ndex&cPath=100

When more planes come out that use the "Electrifly BP200 15C" battery, these adapters will be useful on them, too.

Glenn
RC-Connectors.com
glenn2626 is online now Find More Posts by glenn2626
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New Xtreme Video TX cable