HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:12 AM
Going broke, dam this hobby
cleveland oh
Joined Mar 2009
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
Oh man, when I saw that I went straight to my manual!
GPMP0810 and I'm not seeing them up yet??
hope they come out

Good to know..
I'm going to make a connector to use my MCPx Lipos with this little bugger.. that way I can use all 4 different brands of lipos for my F-86
and I'v found a way to utilize the weight of the lipos to move them more forward

we need extra weight up front but that long wire and big over priced connector has the weight more back than forward like we need.. so it kinda hurts ya a little
But good luck though.. if you lived near by I'de make something up for ya that would be kick ass
the adaptor will be infront of cg , so it will be putting the weight upfront where it needs to be
xlrDALLAS is online now Find More Posts by xlrDALLAS
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:17 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,376 Posts
The 300 NT are good; I use them on my MCPX but I am not tearing them down to make packs

I hope HK makes some 240-300 sized 2S nanotechs that are light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
I made one pack of Hyperion 250. My conclusion was: it's not worth the trouble. Not because the plastic cap is harder to remove, but simply because the 240mah bare cells give pretty much the same result particularly because you're gaining a bit of weight with the 250mah for only 10mah more... When I was flying it, I found out that I didn't even bother changing my timer or flying an extra few seconds, so why bother with all the trouble. Save those batteries for the mCPx! Still not so sure about the 300mah Nanotech (price wise and trouble wise), but at least, with an extra 50mah, you can get longer flying time.
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:52 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
4,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlrDALLAS View Post
the adaptor will be infront of cg , so it will be putting the weight upfront where it needs to be
The extra weight will be behind the pack, should be upfront to take advantage of the added weight... send me a self addressed stamped envelope and I can make you one if you want, and it will be tesed on my F-86! Yeah baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
The 300 NT are good; I use them on my MCPX but I am not tearing them down to make packs

I hope HK makes some 240-300 sized 2S nanotechs that are light
I'm going to make an adapter to use my Blade MCPx lipos in my F-86 without tearing into anything... and ill take pictures to show how we can utilize some of the lipo weight to get our cg more forward...
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Feb 21, 2012, 04:24 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
Quote:
Glenn

Its good to know that a professional like yourself thinks that the "industry standard" is backwards.
If the positive of a lipo being exposed is industry standard, I formally announce the industry as morons.

Shield the positive ground the negative.... how could they get that wrong and then roll with it?

jm2cw cause I still haven't got to fly my Sabre....
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Feb 21, 2012, 05:12 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
If the positive of a lipo being exposed is industry standard, I formally announce the industry as morons.

Shield the positive ground the negative.... how could they get that wrong and then roll with it?
I've always thought about it the same way as you NC, and made up covers for the ends when in storage.

g
giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi
Old Feb 21, 2012, 08:06 PM
RC Connectors dot com
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
There is a bit of precedence for the positive being exposed, if you do the research. Which I did back 4 years ago when I first got into RC.

Way back, there were no lipos. Nicds were in, even Nimh was not around. So batteries were not that powerful.

To charge at the field, people mainly opened the car hood, plopped the charger down, hooked to the battery, and charged from there. So your power source was a car battery and charger, a very basic charger at that, without overcurrent protection, computer control, and other neat stuff we have now.

So NOW which would you rather get accidentally short circuited? Yep, you'd rather have your nicads toasted than blow up your charger and maybe cause damage to your car battery.

That's the way I understood it after doing the research. Of course things are different now.

Covers are a great idea. Some folks say the little condom-like rubbery nipples that are used for caulk guns and sealing pointy-spout bottles are good. I made a cover for my charger octopus deans and minideans by dremeling off the solder tabs, and slathered that side with liquid electrical tape, and let it dry.
glenn2626 is online now Find More Posts by glenn2626
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by glenn2626; Feb 21, 2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 08:14 PM
Joined Nov 2011
4,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post

jm2cw cause I still haven't got to fly my Sabre....
I use these micro deans on all my micros
and I've yet to see or have any kind of short with them..
not sure it's something to worry about as we need to actually touch the + with the -
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:03 AM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,689 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1598826
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:24 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,376 Posts
Someone is sick of it already

It'll be Intersting to read the Mig reviews, which I doubt will be any better if not worse.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:32 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
He's not sick of it.. he's just a useless pilot when it comes to micro jet's... he can't touch and go to save his life on smooth concrete.... sheeesh.... he tried a whole 5 times to get it right and gave up, selling it for 10 bucks less than he paid for it. I hope it finds a good home.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:34 AM
Joined Nov 2011
4,057 Posts
Quote:
Someone is sick of it already

It'll be Intersting to read the Mig reviews, which I doubt will be any better if not worse.
well if he bought it for $107 he will make a few bucks
Old Feb 22, 2012, 04:21 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,376 Posts
You boys and your concrete runways

You should see what I take off and land on

And yes I've done with with EDF's
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:53 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
You boys and your concrete runways

You should see what I take off and land on

And yes I've done with with EDF's
We won't unless you make a video! Just kidding, just kidding, but still, almost no videos out yet except for IndyMatt awesome video.

C'mon guys, get those camera out.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Feb 22, 2012, 08:13 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,376 Posts
I haven't got mine yet and am not in a rush as I'm waiting for all this white shat to go away off the ground,

getting sick of winter
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:24 AM
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Sep 2004
63 Posts
What a blast...flew mine the first time this morning. Of course I didn't have it balanced right...oops but it was quickly fixed.

It looked great in the air. Louder than expected but a huge amount of fun. Loops and rolls without an problem. Going to be getting some "larger" batteries though. Flight time is a bit short.

Fun landing it. Really had to slow it down.

All and all I am really glad that I made this purchase.

DRS
JustFlyIt is offline Find More Posts by JustFlyIt