(3) digital ultra-micro servos
7.4V LiPo flight battery
Balancing DC LiPo battery charger
Wingspan: 15 in (381 mm)
Wing Area: 53.1 inē (3.4 dmē)
Weight: 2.35 oz (67 g)
Wing Loading: 6.4 oz/ftē (20 g/dmē)
Length: 14.4 in (366 mm)
Requires: AnyLink and compatible 4-channel transmitter or Tactic™ 2.4GHz radio with SLT™
I really like that you are going with a separate-components design on this, instead of Horizon's integrated-components "brick" design. I have had two of those Horizon "brick" RX/ESC/servo units go bad on me where only one sub-component ceased working properly, and of course that meant chucking the whole expensive unit, "good" components and all.

What type of connectors do the servos have? Regular Futaba/Jr type servo connectors, or something smaller? Because I'm not crazy about the idea of taping a little converter-box thingy to my DX7...so I would prefer dropping in my own receiver.
herk1 is offline Find More Posts by herk1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2012, 07:10 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
955 Posts
Thanks for all the Hard work DJ, and the rest of the Great Planes staff. All the hype is spilling over into the other jet forums. This is Great. Good marketing exposure. If there is any hesitation or product delays who ever gets their planes to distributors first will do very well. I like the fact that all of the "stuff" will be available as with most Great Planes Electrify products, thanks. The performance is just what we are looking for and with a bit of a more traditional approach on the electronics. Great Job.
MUTCAKE is offline Find More Posts by MUTCAKE
Old Jan 18, 2012, 07:13 PM
USA, WY, Cody
Joined Jan 2008
422 Posts
This is gonna be pretty cool when the HH Mig shows up...Korean war dogfights all over the local gyms I always liked the F86D models the best; hope some clever modeler gets one and tries a few mods...I'm tapped out on buying new stuff for a bit yet...
wyo69cowboy is offline Find More Posts by wyo69cowboy
Old Jan 18, 2012, 07:29 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo69cowboy View Post
.....when the HH Mig shows up.....dogfights all over the local gyms.....
Whoa doggies!

Ya'll must have BIG gyms......

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Last edited by pugsam; Jan 18, 2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 09:11 PM
USA, WY, Cody
Joined Jan 2008
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Whoa doggies!

Ya'll must have BIG gyms......

LOL, maybe I was optimistic on gym dogfights....

love the Wyo windsock one; seen that one a time or two before, as well as lived it!
wyo69cowboy is offline Find More Posts by wyo69cowboy
Old Jan 18, 2012, 09:38 PM
Illinois
Joined Jan 2005
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk1 View Post
I really like that you are going with a separate-components design on this, instead of Horizon's integrated-components "brick" design. I have had two of those Horizon "brick" RX/ESC/servo units go bad on me where only one sub-component ceased working properly, and of course that meant chucking the whole expensive unit, "good" components and all.

What type of connectors do the servos have? Regular Futaba/Jr type servo connectors, or something smaller? Because I'm not crazy about the idea of taping a little converter-box thingy to my DX7...so I would prefer dropping in my own receiver.
For the sake of accuracy,

There are no servos on the E-flite Mig 'brick'. The main PCB has Rx, ESC, and AS3X sensors (similar to Hyper Taxi). Our history shows that these components are very reliable. (the ESC section has protection designed in.)

David
dribbe is offline Find More Posts by dribbe
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:07 PM
LETS GO UTES!!
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Mar 2011
201 Posts
Wyoming is right next to Utah... I can verify that the windsock is 100% accurate.
TheyCallMeUTAH is offline Find More Posts by TheyCallMeUTAH
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:02 AM
Mountain Flyer
United States, UT, Cedar City
Joined May 2005
190 Posts
Does anyone know if they put anything special into the
4-channel 2.4GHz SLT™ micro receiver,
in other words what would be the difference if you put your own micro Rx in?
jzonts is offline Find More Posts by jzonts
Old Jan 19, 2012, 03:24 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
From what I gather via the promo youtube video - they use external 1.7g digital servo's and an external 6A ESC, so my guess is you can swap out the rxer. Can't vouch for the type of plugs etc of course - haven't seen one in the flesh.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Jan 19, 2012, 03:26 AM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
.....of course - haven't seen one in the flesh.
yet......
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
Old Jan 19, 2012, 08:10 AM
Just some guy
Joined Aug 2006
662 Posts
The plugs are the same as micro Futaba.
D Johnson is offline Find More Posts by D Johnson
Old Jan 19, 2012, 08:23 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
This one will be here before the MIG, I will have flown this one probably for several months before getting my pre-ordered MIG. Then I will fly them back to back to see the differences and then still keep both! Great time to be in the hobby!
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:58 AM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,999 Posts
They quote 'hyperflow fan' so must have made a mini HF fan. The original hyperflow fan is a great unit that has always impressed me in use. Hummm.........

I'm happy because Hobby King screwed me on my 35mm T-45 purchase. Damaged airframe is useless, and all customer service did was make excuses for their delay on an answer, then did nothing to make things right. I don't know about you, but I tend to spend a bunch of money in this hobby. I will now try to spend my money anywhere else but HK, because that was no better than lieing and cheating me. I know lots of people to tell how I got ripped off. Hobby King's terrible customer service will not go in noticed.

GP and Horizon have customer service beyond all. When something was broken, not quite right, or not working a replacement was rushed to my door, no questions asked. That will keep me as a customer forever, and spreading good will about their company policies. Plus the products are always top notch.

Think I'll get one of these too right off the bat to heal my Hobby King wounds and actually get a product that is useable.

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:47 AM
Joined Oct 2007
384 Posts
I will be getting both the Mig and the F-86. Id like to actually buy another set of the airframe components for the F-86, and try and put the components from the Mig into it. I love the modular design of the F-86, and the digital servos, but the thing that makes me want the internals from the mig is the AS3X gyro system. I'll definetely wait till I fly both stock before I try it though.
jayxer is offline Find More Posts by jayxer
Old Jan 19, 2012, 04:16 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
Freddie - you'll be better off with the Sabre than the Hawk anyway. I had to make a bunch of changes to get it to fly to what I would consider well. Now it sits stripped down on my bench half repainted and gathering dust...
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged