Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:57 AM
Just some guy
Joined Aug 2006
662 Posts
There is a low voltage cutoff on the ESC, you can't hurt your battery.

DJ
D Johnson is offline Find More Posts by D Johnson
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:34 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Johnson View Post
There is a low voltage cutoff on the ESC, you can't hurt your battery.

DJ
Yes I know this has a LVC, and lastnight while doing some testing for several min the stock lipo was run down to 8%..
brushless55 is online now Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Feb 17, 2012, 03:18 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,191 Posts
You'll be alright. If the lipo is half decent it can take LVC for it's entire life span. It's the over rated, under performing ones that fall apart when they actually have to work like they should that have caused doubt about lipo's among us.

I empty my TP G6 lipo's every time and they have actually been performing better as the cycles grow. Why? Because they are a really well made lipo. The rating system is screwed up in the industry but the G6 is one lipo you could call True 25C!

Meanwhile, where's the Sabre vids?!! It's the only time I get to see them fly down here in Oz! The shipping slip says mine's on the way so for now I still have to drool over everyone elses!
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Feb 17, 2012, 04:02 PM
Joined Mar 2005
1,077 Posts
If you have RealFlight 6 you can download the newest up-date and fly the little GP F-86.

Tony
T-spin is offline Find More Posts by T-spin
Old Feb 17, 2012, 04:03 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Working on some video now, give me a minute.

Flys great on my DIY DX8 cable! Glides forever!
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Feb 17, 2012, 04:04 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,191 Posts
I saw the add-on for the Micro Sabre but don't have Real Flight 6...
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Feb 17, 2012, 05:22 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Johnson View Post
The provide battery will maintain flight for 4minutes at WOT. We recommend allowing a minute for landing set up, missed approaches, flying monkeys, ect.

DJ
Ok, so I've done 4 static 75% throttle runs, and so far my average amp draw is 3.84amps..
anyone want to tell me just how long you can fly on a 200mah lipo with that current?
I already know, but would like to see if anyone else knows how long this would fly..
Old Feb 17, 2012, 05:44 PM
Current project: Electrolyte
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,465 Posts
My test flight was between 2-3 min when I decided to land. The power was still going strong at that time. I would trust what Dave J is saying. He has more flight time on this model than anyone else.
pdawg is online now Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Feb 17, 2012, 06:24 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,992 Posts
I blame all of you.....

Ok, so I called Hobby Town USA, local, just to see if they had them. One left. It is the standard price of $139.99, with a free Any Link included. So the darn thing followed me home.

You all have seen enough photos I'm sure, but here is another NIB, ready to be abused.

I want to thank Hobbico and the Employees that are posting here. If it wasn't for the free Any Link, I don't think I would have bought this anytime soon. Great marketing since the Futaba, Spectrum, JR crowd has such a huge following. I for one have 13+ old 72Mhz radios, and do not plan on ever having that many 2.4Ghz types. I have Spectrum, but also an Airtronics radio so I need to see if that is supported too. I'll let you know.

I agree this is a real nice representation in person, and well worth the bang for the buck..

I will never forgive you all for making me own this bird.....

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Feb 17, 2012, 06:30 PM
Flyr John in Floyd VA
United States, VA, Floyd
Joined Nov 2007
523 Posts
Servo Travel

Does anyone know if the servo travel limits on these servos are similar to the restrictions on the E-flite ultra micros? In other words, don't exceed 100%.
Reason I asked is that I just fired my F-86 up with the new AnyLink on my old DX6 and am getting less travel, by about a mm, than the spec in the book. I'm sure it
will fly alright, but might want to jazz up the handling once I'm used to it.

Thanks, John

Of course, as I was writing this, I realized that I could move the linkage attachment closer to the control surface if I want more throw. Still curious about the servo
travel, though.
jhark37 is offline Find More Posts by jhark37
Old Feb 17, 2012, 06:31 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie B View Post
Ok, so I called Hobby Town USA, local, just to see if they had them. One left. It is the standard price of $139.99, with a free Any Link included. So the darn thing followed me home.

You all have seen enough photos I'm sure, but here is another NIB, ready to be abused.

I want to thank Hobbico and the Employees that are posting here. If it wasn't for the free Any Link, I don't think I would have bought this anytime soon. Great marketing since the Futaba, Spectrum, JR crowd has such a huge following. I for one have 13+ old 72Mhz radios, and do not plan on ever having that many 2.4Ghz types. I have Spectrum, but also an Airtronics radio so I need to see if that is supported too. I'll let you know.

I agree this is a real nice representation in person, and well worth the bang for the buck..
I will never forgive you all for making me own this bird.....

Fred
That's why I picked one up lastnight!!
great thing about this one is, you can use most any radio you want with it
can't say that about the other
Old Feb 17, 2012, 06:47 PM
Going broke, dam this hobby
cleveland oh
Joined Mar 2009
627 Posts
well i found one by me at a hobbytown, picking it up tomarrow, they said they woudput it off to the side for me
xlrDALLAS is online now Find More Posts by xlrDALLAS
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:28 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Here is my maiden flight!

F86 Video 1.wmv (3 min 9 sec)

It flys really well you can hear the plane hit LVC right there at the end that is when I cut the throttle to glide it in, glided a little farther than expected! Smoked the vertical stabilizer, I had a sneaking suspicion that it would break as it is pretty fragile this plane flew great in the 8 mph winds with gust way about that.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:39 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,202 Posts
was that on the stock lipo?
looks good man!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:47 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
was that on the stock lipo?
looks good man!
Yep bone stock lipo, hit the LVC because my timer didn't start on the TX. Probably try the hyperions tomorrow if the winds aren't howling.