SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:44 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
Just as our pontifications on the motive behind "being kept in the dark" were so bad. PDAWG your reasoning is not sound whatsoever, I do not belong to a club. Other than the forums, I really don't talk about my models whatsoever to anyone. If someone asks I give MY honest opinion of the model. I don't feel like I NEED the latest releases to prove anything, I crash with the best of them, lol.
I'm in the same boat, while others do fly where I do I tend to try and go flying during the week when I have the place to my self as my style of close and low and personal flying doesn't work well when others are there flying those bigger airplane's they they seem to think are wonderful.

There was really only a couple of reasons that I was upset over the missed deliver date. First I as I was born before the F-86 was it was my first state of the art plane, To me it's still the perfect looking plane..

But the main reason was that here in Michigan most of the winters where I fly if it snows becomes useless as it's a big empty parking lot that gets lots of tire tracks in the snow from people coming to let their dogs run loose. The lot is not plowed.. So we happened to have a mild start of winter here with little snow and there hasn't been any snow in the middle of our winter "January". So the parking lot has been flyable most of the winter, BUT being Michigan once the weather starts to change from winter to spring the weather patterns shifts to where we start getting snow again as it has now.. So if I had gotten the F-86 at the end of January I would of had two weeks of nice flying weather, as it is now I'm just about sure I'll not be flying again till I get back from Florida in March.. This two week trip was also causing a problem as if Tower had shipped in February as they later changed the date too I wouldn't be here to get it.

So to me I don't think I was being a spoiled little cry baby,, but a mature adult trying to schedule things based on the information I had. And being given bad information was making this hard to do..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:44 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,529 Posts
Now, now, boys!

Remember, it's Valentines Day....what would Mom say?

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:49 AM
Joined Oct 2007
376 Posts
the generalizations started before my post. Calling out people who only fly R/C because of the advancement of the hobby to not require you to be an expert builder or dedicate hours of time a day/week to the hobby is insulting. If it offends you that people only fly because of the advent PNP aircraft, then you have more to deal with, than worrying about why people complain when release dates are not met.

I'm not one of the ones fuming over the release dates, but I do understand why people get upset about it. It is a hobby, but at the same time, it's not the hobbyists who are setting the release dates. I understand the importance of hitting due dates all too well unfortunately. I work in engineering, we are given strict deadlines, and a set amount of hours, and you do NOT want to be part of a project that doesn't meet either of those criteria. It only gets worse if they ask us to tell them when a project will be completed, and we do not meet that......

Hobbico announced when it would be available, then to "comply" with that, they released a small amount of them, and now left the vast majority waiting till the middle of march. It's backhanded, and unappreciated by business that RELIES on us hobbyists to survive. Most people would have been satisfied with honesty and being informed. That's basically what it comes down to.
jayxer is offline Find More Posts by jayxer
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:03 AM
"Add Lightness"..Colin Chapman
Keystone State, USA
Joined Jun 2007
1,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
Originally Posted by D Johnson
...signing out....

I feel that I need to address this and then I'll bow out of the manufacturers arguement...
Great Planes knows they screwed up and as Nitro stated we've made our point...However, to just make a post signing out, to me, is like taking your ball and going home...Whatever happened to taking responsibility, facing people like a man, tell us how the issue will be fixed, and keeping customers informed???...I just don't get it as I guess being raised by a 20 year Naval veteran whipped me into shape...And shaped my expectations of the younger generation.

Anyway---Please keep the pics of the F-86 coming and post the videos as soon as you are able...Looking forward to them!!!

Kevin
Kevin,

I agree with at least the part about trying to keep customers informed as above. However, you did not comment on the other post that I quoted which really sums up what this thread has turned into. Merely my opinion. It's sad to see so many adults, I assume we're all adults here, acting like the current generation of 20 year olds and younger out there. Yes, that is also a sweeping generalization of the age group but my experience with most of them has swayed my opinions!

Perhaps the company representative is just trying to make a point, which he is certainly entitled to do on a public forum. I'm sure a lot of work and development went into the product, not to mention the brain power and knowledge that is really not quantifiable. Then there is nothing but seemingly negative feedback about something that could POTENTIALLY be out of their control. They may not even be able to comment at this point concerning the logistics of shipments, etc. The variables or scenarios are numerous.

I hope we all have the opportunity to get one soon, and yes being patient can be difficult but there are much worse situations in life.
Elisecat is offline Find More Posts by Elisecat
Last edited by Elisecat; Feb 14, 2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:27 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Picture of my box mod so that I can store the F-86 in the box with the landing gear attached..

Still wondering why they didn't mold these holes in the box for us..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:32 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,581 Posts
Someone should start a new thread

I agree with you Bob the F86 is a great looking bird; my area sounds much like yours in terms of weather and unplowed parking lots lol

No pavement or concrete runways for me; it's bumby grass fields, rough gravel roads or snow and Ice for me; I joke around telling myself I'm like a Rc bush pilot haha

Won't be flying my F86 till snow is gone likely.
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:44 AM
Current project: Electrolyte
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,482 Posts
Those are cool LG burn holes Bob! I believe many of us will soon have the same opportunity to also make those holes in our storage box!
pdawg is online now Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:50 AM
Chicago Northwest subs
Joined Jan 2007
2,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Someone should start a new thread
I agree with you Bob the F86 is a great looking bird; my area sounds much like yours in terms of weather and unplowed parking lots lol

No pavement or concrete runways for me; it's bumby grass fields, rough gravel roads or snow and Ice for me; I joke around telling myself I'm like a Rc bush pilot haha

Won't be flying my F86 till snow is gone likely.
I agree. There's not much information here, and a lot of unpleasantness. If anyone wants to start an owners/modification thread, I'll gladly unsubscribe here. I may do that, anyway.
MR2
minirips2 is offline Find More Posts by minirips2
Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:51 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,196 Posts
wow! I go to bed and wake up to this.... the same people posting the same stuff over and over again.... c'mon guys - enough already! Whine in the vendor forum not in my thread.

Dave Johnson designed the jet - he is not responsible for distribution so drop it.

The topic of this thread is the jet. A 30mm EDF F-86 Sabre Micro jet capable of indoor flying! This is what has me hyped! This is what we have been asking for for years, this is what I want to chat about in this thread.

Aren't any of you excited by this? I've been waiting for years for this to happen. I have contacted quite a few companies asking if they could lead the way and make one. They all started off excited and then slowly but surely, one by one, stopped answering my emails or PM's.

Well, all of a sudden GP pops up out of nowhere and they've done it! Kudos to them.

If any of you have actually tried to scratch build a Micro Jet - let me tell you, it's not that easy to get a great performer. Been there - done that!

Let's support the model and see what it can do and what we can make it do if we want to hop it up. It's this support that will encourage more jets to be designed and produced which means more zoomies for us to fly.

Meanwhile__________________________________________________

I measured the amp draw of the neu setup - 8.3A on the 320 and 9.3A on a larger lipo. So the thrust is even higher(140g) with a big lipo!!!

I think the rotor should be dropped to a 6 blade GWS to unload the motor, drop the amps and get the eflux up. The Sabre will continuously loop already so we don't need static thrust - we want speed. I'll drop a GWS rotor on it tonight and see what it draws and outputs.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:58 PM
Creations Aberration
United States, OR, Newport
Joined Jan 2004
609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post

Meanwhile__________________________________________________

I measured the amp draw of the neu setup - 8.3A on the 320 and 9.3A on a larger lipo. So the thrust is even higher(140g) with a big lipo!!!

I think the rotor should be dropped to a 6 blade GWS to unload the motor, drop the amps and get the eflux up. The Sabre will continuously loop already so we don't need static thrust - we want speed. I'll drop a GWS rotor on it tonight and see what it draws and outputs.
Thank You
Kevin~
Aethertek is offline Find More Posts by Aethertek
Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:00 PM
Joined Mar 2005
1,092 Posts
As far as charging the stock set-up and using your own charger you can get a ElectriFly no. GPMM3149 charge lead for Deans micro plug. If you want to make your own get Deans Micro Plug 2R.

Tony
T-spin is online now Find More Posts by T-spin
Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:08 PM
"Add Lightness"..Colin Chapman
Keystone State, USA
Joined Jun 2007
1,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minirips2 View Post
I agree. There's not much information here, and a lot of unpleasantness. If anyone wants to start an owners/modification thread, I'll gladly unsubscribe here. I may do that, anyway.
MR2
I vote for that!
Elisecat is offline Find More Posts by Elisecat
Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:23 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,196 Posts
Last edited by NitroCharged; Feb 15, 2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 06:54 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,196 Posts
woohoo! due to popular demand that my inbox could barely take, this thread's open again. I just thought closing it was the best way of shaking the tree, so to speak. Enjoy and be happy !
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:15 PM
Current project: Electrolyte
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,482 Posts
I had the opportunity to pickup my model today. From an engineering and construction point of view, this model is a huge step forward compared to any previously mass produced micro edf kit I've owned. For starters, the packaging box was well thought out and the model had zero damage. It was also nice to see all the surfaces glued on straight which has been a issue from other HK kits. Having flown the similarly sized foam J-power airframes, I expected the construction to be similar...it's not! This model is much more involved in design and assembly. Unlike the J-power designs, this model has no servo wires exposed or glued to the inside wall of the the ducting. All the servos and wires for this F-86 are completely concealed including the often problematic aileron servo. The factory must have to simultaneously assemble the foam parts and wire the electronics. Because of this, modifying this airframe will be more involved than J-power airframes. Even the receiver is perfectly molded into place. These guys deserve a lot of credit for starting from the ground up with this design. Hope to test fly this weekend.
pdawg is online now Find More Posts by pdawg
Last edited by pdawg; Feb 14, 2012 at 08:29 PM.