HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:25 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoollia View Post
Problem with that is - elevator authority approaches zero at lower airspeeds.
Ah, thanks.....I'm starting to grasp the situation, and my mental fog is beginning to clear-up.......

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:00 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,172 Posts
If you're nosing up when hitting the power - you're nose heavy.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:29 PM
EDF Jet Jam May 2014
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,270 Posts
laser cut battery cradle

I drew up this battery cradle to hold the battery securely in place. The tongue slips into the recess in the nose of the. model and the rear edge rests against the lip in front of the rx. The battery is glued into the cradle flush with the bottom.
Robert Belluomini is offline Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:14 AM
Just having fun before I die!
DeKalb,IL
Joined Dec 2008
921 Posts
How I resolved my issue on shorting the power plug to the balance plug.

Here is an update on how I resolved my issue with shorting out the power plug to the balance plug. the other day I was hot gluing some wires to secure them and it came to me to use hot glue to seal the back of the connector on the balance plug. To me this will work great and it is a simple fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadLemon View Post
I have not been on this thread in a while so this problem I had may have been talked about so if it has I'm sorry about the duplicate post.

Yesterday the Weather was good enough to get a couple of flights in with my F-86 at a local park. I even took off with the F-86 sliding on the snow.

While at work today I was walking between buildings and put my hand in my pocket and found I put a battery in my pocket. I got a phone call on my cell while I was talking the battery started to get hot in my hand. I open my hand and quickly noticed the positive lead was stuck into the back of the negative lead of the balance plug! This created a dead short as you all know it would, I know this happen while I had the battery in my hand because it wasn't hot when I pulled the battery out of my pocket.

I know "I'm Stupid" it wasn't very smart to put the battery in my pocket in the first place so I'm very lucky the battery didn't short in my coat pocket while hung up in the closet. I'll said it again I'm Lucky for being stupid! I could be homeless right now or even worse I could of lost my family. I will never do this again I'm thinking a fix for this could be to make a protection cover for the micro dean connector or even change the connector to a JST female or something else. So I would like to know if others have foreseen this and what changes did you do.

Lastly I want to be clear on this matter I'm not blaming the manufacturer this was clearly my fault.
BadLemon is offline Find More Posts by BadLemon
Old Feb 21, 2013, 02:37 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2010
152 Posts
Anyone no of good place to shop for charger leads? I just recently bought my first real charger and would like to find a place that has one of those multi-lead deals with this plug on it
Tyler83 is offline Find More Posts by Tyler83
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:11 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler83 View Post
Anyone no of good place to shop for charger leads? I just recently bought my first real charger and would like to find a place that has one of those multi-lead deals with this plug on it
You could try rc-connectors.com. If you can't find what you're looking for send them an email, they're good at getting back to you and can usually build to suit.
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:39 PM
DeKalb,IL
Joined Dec 2008
921 Posts
commonsenserc.com
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:57 PM
Southern California
Joined Apr 2007
818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler83 View Post
epbuddy and progressiverc are two good places also.
mckolit is offline Find More Posts by mckolit
Old Feb 21, 2013, 06:12 PM
DeKalb,IL
Joined Dec 2008
921 Posts
Bob

Your thrust diverter mod, did you loose any performance from it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
I drew up this battery cradle to hold the battery securely in place. The tongue slips into the recess in the nose of the. model and the rear edge rests against the lip in front of the rx. The battery is glued into the cradle flush with the bottom.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:19 PM
North Wales, PA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
91 Posts
Hope this video is clear enough to show the degree of pitch control allowed by the mod I posted in #2179. Series of pull ups to vertical followed by quick pitch down to level or nose down. I would have liked to go slower but had to keep the speed up due to the steady wind. Good example at the 0:59 mark.

P1010137 MOV (2 min 23 sec)
dgarbern is offline Find More Posts by dgarbern
Last edited by dgarbern; Feb 23, 2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 11:33 AM
Gladstone, NJ. USA
Joined May 2000
399 Posts
Has anyone used the 6-Channel AS3X Sport Receiver

Hi Guy:
Has anyone adapted the 6-Channel AS3X Sport Receiver to the Eflite F86 Saber
Sincerely, Jon B in New Jersey
JonB is offline Find More Posts by JonB
Old Mar 02, 2013, 01:15 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
3,988 Posts
I've got a NIB Sabre and have experienced a little of the soft elevator at slow speeds with my two previous ones...I think on this newest one I'll glue on some Depron elevator extensions to get more elevator authority at slower speeds...

I have a 90mm NitroPlanes Sabre that has the same issue of running out of elevator at slow speeds---It's kind of unnerving when you have the stick buried all of the way back and you pray you have enough for the flare---The "fix" for the plane running out of elevator is to make extensions for the elevators...This has worked like a charm!!!

Here is a link to the 90mm Sabre thread to the page that shows what one modeller accomplished...The pics are on post #846..Read my post #845 for a description of my 90mm Sabre landings...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t=sabr&page=57

This method used on post #846 would be too heavy for this micro but you get the idea...A simple piece of Depron glued to the trailing edge as an extension would work fine....Work backward through the thread to read how this mod really helped this plane...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Mar 03, 2013, 05:49 AM
Kokomo, Indiana
Joined Jun 2008
846 Posts
Very interesting extension to the elevator. I have been thinking of this change, also, but wanted a few more flights on the GP F-86 before deciding to do it or not.

The example linked, had very little additional elevator. Any thoughts Kevin, on how much additional elevator depth would be correct for the micro F86: 3mm, 5mm, 7mm? Following the example, I might just construct the pieces out of clear plastic blister pack material and either tape or glue a single layer in place.
CorvetteC5 is offline Find More Posts by CorvetteC5
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:00 AM
EDF Jet Jam May 2014
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadLemon View Post
Bob

Your thrust diverter mod, did you loose any performance from it?

No not at all and the elevator maintains authority at slows speeds through touchdown too.
Robert Belluomini is offline Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Old Mar 03, 2013, 04:00 PM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Aug 2006
669 Posts
So would this mod make the elevator extensions unnecessary? So the diverter is placed with about 1/16th" of downthrust? Is this correct?

Quote:
Simple effective mod
Quote:
No not at all and the elevator maintains authority at slows speeds through touchdown too.
fairplane is offline Find More Posts by fairplane