HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:50 PM
Philippines, NCR, Manila
Joined Oct 2007
139 Posts
Thanks guys!

I'm done with the rx replacement! its really very tricky but doable! Ill be flying this hopefully by the weekend...im going to take this on the runway and not going to hand launch at the moment.

This plane is oozing with details! I'm just not happy with the routine to always arm the motor with my tx stick....i might forget doing this once i am doing hand launches!

Nitro, can u give me the link on the 260mah lipo?
mikeramos is offline Find More Posts by mikeramos
Last edited by mikeramos; Jan 23, 2013 at 07:56 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:38 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,199 Posts
Still a sweet ride to watch!

Great Planes 30mm EDF Micro F-86 Sabre from Hobbico! (3 min 55 sec)
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:28 AM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Aug 2006
684 Posts
Hey- does anyone know how to remove that eight ball express sticker- without damaging the finish on the plane? Its the one thing i don't like about this plane!
fairplane is offline Find More Posts by fairplane
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:28 AM
Chad deQuevedo of Olyphant, PA
United States, PA, Olyphant
Joined Aug 2012
560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micubano View Post
I do have foam safe CA! The guys at the LHS made sure of that. I have used it a few times and it is amazing stuff.

Here is a pic of the part I am having trouble with. The dents and gouging around the bellcrank are actually from me trying to get the rod in. I can bend the rod enough to get it into the hole, but then the z part does not go the rest of the way in. I have tried putting a small screwdriver between the wing and bellcrank to keep the rod from gouging the foam, but then I can't get an angle that will allow me to slip the rod in. Still looking for an answer. Anyone have one?
So, someone told me that the bellcrank should have a snap rivet holding the 2 sides together and I should be able to gently pry them apart with a technical screwdriver. Do not try that. It will not work and you will need to order the hardware kit. The best thing to do is gently pry the bellcrank from the foam, set the rods and then glue the bellcrank back down. I was able to get the bellcranks off the foam without doing any damage to the foam. Hopefully this helps someone.

The LHS has offered to let me trade my damaged one in and they will take $30 off a new one. I think I might take them up on it and take a mulligan on trying to fly jets.
Micubano is offline Find More Posts by Micubano
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Damn you Talon 90!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:52 AM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplane View Post
Hey- does anyone know how to remove that eight ball express sticker- without damaging the finish on the plane? Its the one thing i don't like about this plane!
I've read right here on this thread that a piece of duct tape, adhesive side on the decal, will pull it right off.

g
giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:13 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDANTIC View Post
Tower says $139.99.
Your kidding right? $139.99! is that price include shipping?
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:10 PM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Aug 2006
684 Posts
OK tried the tape- It took some of it off but not all. It also took some of the silver-so next question-what kind of paint can you use on these foamies and has anyone found a good match for the silver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi View Post
I've read right here on this thread that a piece of duct tape, adhesive side on the decal, will pull it right off.

g
fairplane is offline Find More Posts by fairplane
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:17 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplane View Post
OK tried the tape- It took some of it off but not all. It also took some of the silver-so next question-what kind of paint can you use on these foamies and has anyone found a good match for the silver?
Go to Hobby Lobby and you can match the silver...I have some "DecoArt" silver metallic paint that I purchased from there that can be airbrushed or brushed on...Airbrushing is best as you can blend the paint...Paint is about $3 per 2 oz container...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:39 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,372 Posts
My Hobby Lobby has a 30% off sale on a whole bunch of those 2oz. bottles of paint. Also, you can sign up @ Hobby Lobby to receive sales promotions via email, and a 40% off any one item printable coupon is included with the ad.

g
giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:03 PM
Chad deQuevedo of Olyphant, PA
United States, PA, Olyphant
Joined Aug 2012
560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi View Post
My Hobby Lobby has a 30% off sale on a whole bunch of those 2oz. bottles of paint. Also, you can sign up @ Hobby Lobby to receive sales promotions via email, and a 40% off any one item printable coupon is included with the ad.

g
I downloaded the Hobby Lobby iPhone app and every week I get a new 40% off one item coupon. You just show them the screen and they enter the code into the register. It has come in handy a few times. Just remember, Hobby Lobby is closed Sundays.
Micubano is offline Find More Posts by Micubano
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Damn you Talon 90!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:12 PM
MikeMT
United States, Mt, Billings
Joined Jan 2012
92 Posts
Nose protection and tail feather stiffeners are now available from Park Flyer Plastics.

http://parkflyerplastics.com/cart/in...1ffa5c3b69166b

I received my plane this weekend but have only had a chance to hold the items. Everything seems like a good fit and should work well. Hope to be able to test at the end of the week.
nacho2059 is offline Find More Posts by nacho2059
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:48 PM
yes my thermal gogles are on
Ocala,Fla
Joined Jan 2009
335 Posts
where did the 59.99 deal come from tower? and im guessing its over lol
Roy!! is offline Find More Posts by Roy!!
Last edited by Roy!!; Jan 29, 2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:05 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho2059 View Post
Nose protection and tail feather stiffeners are now available from Park Flyer Plastics.

I received my plane this weekend but have only had a chance to hold the items. Everything seems like a good fit and should work well. Hope to be able to test at the end of the week.
That nose protector looks great, I sure could've used one about 10 months ago!
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:06 PM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,341 Posts
Quote:

Awesome!
bwoollia is online now Find More Posts by bwoollia
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:37 PM
I will be an angry old man!
Vancouver Isl
Joined Apr 2007
1,360 Posts
Ordered, thanks!

(shipped within 1 hr of placing order, now that's customer service)

Quote:

marc1 is online now Find More Posts by marc1