HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:36 PM
Wetumpka, Alabama
Joined Sep 2005
60 Posts
All fixed up and ready to go. Should get a few flights in tomorrow.
brittcrowell is offline Find More Posts by brittcrowell
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:42 PM
MikeMT
United States, Mt, Billings
Joined Jan 2012
92 Posts
looks good. should roll to the right pretty well now, huh?
nacho2059 is offline Find More Posts by nacho2059
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:45 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2010
154 Posts
What a great little plane picked mine up last week for $59 and wasn't expecting much at all and was a little nervous to fly it actually with all the bad reviews I had read. Well I maidened it yesterday and was really happy with it. I had the wheels on it and took off and landed a few times on asphalt and it went great! Now I need to get a few more batteries for this thing.
Tyler83 is online now Find More Posts by Tyler83
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:43 AM
Chad deQuevedo of Olyphant, PA
United States, PA, Olyphant
Joined Aug 2012
617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixinarow View Post
Make sure to use foam-safe CA! Don't ask me how I know

I'll look at my Sabre when I get home but I think if the rod is not going in you may have to drill out the crank a bit.
I do have foam safe CA! The guys at the LHS made sure of that. I have used it a few times and it is amazing stuff.

Here is a pic of the part I am having trouble with. The dents and gouging around the bellcrank are actually from me trying to get the rod in. I can bend the rod enough to get it into the hole, but then the z part does not go the rest of the way in. I have tried putting a small screwdriver between the wing and bellcrank to keep the rod from gouging the foam, but then I can't get an angle that will allow me to slip the rod in. Still looking for an answer. Anyone have one?
Micubano is offline Find More Posts by Micubano
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:10 PM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micubano View Post
I do have foam safe CA! The guys at the LHS made sure of that. I have used it a few times and it is amazing stuff.

Here is a pic of the part I am having trouble with. The dents and gouging around the bellcrank are actually from me trying to get the rod in. I can bend the rod enough to get it into the hole, but then the z part does not go the rest of the way in. I have tried putting a small screwdriver between the wing and bellcrank to keep the rod from gouging the foam, but then I can't get an angle that will allow me to slip the rod in. Still looking for an answer. Anyone have one?
Do you have any tubing; heat shrink, aluminum. brass, maybe even a hollow, plastic Q-Tip. Anyway, something with an ID the size of the control rod. If so, snip off the z-bend leaving enough length to splice it with the tubing and CA it.

g
giuseppi is online now Find More Posts by giuseppi
Last edited by giuseppi; Jan 21, 2013 at 05:19 PM. Reason: added image
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:38 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micubano View Post

Take some needle nosed pliers and grasp the control rod...LIGHTLY bending the rod and SLIGHTLY bending the plastic belcrank toward the rod with another set of needle nosed pliers you should be able to get the Z bend into the bellcrank...Or---With a little force you can get the bellcrank to be removed from the wing if necessary...If you don't have any small/micro needle nosed pliers then make a visit to your neighborhood Harbor Freight store...They have small needle nosed pliers that are very inexpensive...

After you get the control rod back into the bellcrank you may need to strighten out the control rod with the pliers...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:10 PM
Chad deQuevedo of Olyphant, PA
United States, PA, Olyphant
Joined Aug 2012
617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
Take some needle nosed pliers and grasp the control rod...LIGHTLY bending the rod and SLIGHTLY bending the plastic belcrank toward the rod with another set of needle nosed pliers you should be able to get the Z bend into the bellcrank...Or---With a little force you can get the bellcrank to be removed from the wing if necessary...If you don't have any small/micro needle nosed pliers then make a visit to your neighborhood Harbor Freight store...They have small needle nosed pliers that are very inexpensive...

After you get the control rod back into the bellcrank you may need to strighten out the control rod with the pliers...

Kevin
I guess I need to pick up a second pair of small needle nose pliers to try this. If that doesn't work or I don't feel compfortable when doing it, I will try giuseppi's recommendation. That seems easier, but they had to get the rod in the bellcrank somehow at the factory. I just wish I knew how.

I know the push rods on some of my helis require me to remove the board when I am replacing them, but I just can't figure how they put this jet together.
Micubano is offline Find More Posts by Micubano
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:05 PM
Fly Freely, Fly Responsibly
Fort Worth, TX
Joined Jan 2010
727 Posts
Hey, guys...

I've been reading this thread with interest. I got a GP F-86 for Christmas, and originally thought I'd wait for a nice day and take it to the club field to fly.

After seeing your fantastic videos, I think I'll just go to a local schoolyard soon, to give it a go.

Some kinda' self-control! I've unboxed it, but not charged the batt yet or checked for the differential elevator excursion that you guys mentioned you've seen. I'll know soon whether mine is one of the 'fixed' ones. I guess my first clue will be steel instead of CF rods.

Another thing...mine is the RTF one. After the brown-outs you guys mentioned, I don't feel like rigging my DX6i to fly it. A reviewer seemed to think the Tactic Tx was perfectly adequate to fly it with. It seems more capable than my Tx that came with an MCX (I use my DX6i to fly it now, though).

Has anyone maidened an RTF one? Or is it to me to be the "guinea pig?"
WhirlyBits is offline Find More Posts by WhirlyBits
Last edited by WhirlyBits; Jan 22, 2013 at 09:13 PM. Reason: EDIT: ROG for me, baby!
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:16 PM
Joined Dec 2010
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhirlyBits View Post
Hey, guys...

I've been reading this thread with interest. I got a GP F-86 for Christmas, and originally thought I'd wait for a nice day and take it to the club field to fly.

After seeing your fantastic videos, I think I'll just go to a local schoolyard soon, to give it a go.

Some kinda' self-control! I've unboxed it, but not charged the batt yet or checked for the differential elevator excursion that you guys mentioned you've seen. I'll know soon whether mine is one of the 'fixed' ones. I guess my first clue will be steel instead of CF rods.

Another thing...mine is the RTF one. After the brown-outs you guys mentioned, I don't feel like rigging my DX6i to fly it. A reviewer seemed to think the Tactic Tx was perfectly adequate to fly it with. It seems more capable than my Tx that came with an MCX (I use my DX6i to fly it now, though).

Has anyone maidened an RTF one? Or is it to me to be the "guinea pig?"
I didn't buy a rtf version but since I didn't wanna mod my th9x to work with the anylink I am using the tactic 4 channel tx that came with my flyzone micro super cub. I've only flown it once and loved it, it did have a one small issue of the the motor cut out twice about a minute apart. It only lasted about a second but each time I was only about 20 feet off the ground luckily I was at full throttle so it didn't lose enough speed when it happened to stall, but it definitely startled me.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:21 PM
Fly Freely, Fly Responsibly
Fort Worth, TX
Joined Jan 2010
727 Posts
Nice! How was the sensitivity on the Tactic Tx?

It seems "large" and smooth enough to get good control. I won't have any expo, but it'll be "honest" flying!

BTW...I just checked: steel rods, baby! That means it's a "rev. 2!"
My maiden will be a ROG, f'sure! Perhaps this weekend - I'll post the result when I get it up n' down...
WhirlyBits is offline Find More Posts by WhirlyBits
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:10 PM
Joined Dec 2010
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhirlyBits View Post
Nice! How was the sensitivity on the Tactic Tx?

It seems "large" and smooth enough to get good control. I won't have any expo, but it'll be "honest" flying!

BTW...I just checked: steel rods, baby! That means it's a "rev. 2!"
My maiden will be a ROG, f'sure! Perhaps this weekend - I'll post the result when I get it up n' down...
It seemed fine to me and keep in mind this was only my second 4 channel flight ever with my first about ten minutes before this one in my dynam t-28. I thought it was much easier and more docile than my t-28. Ten again I didn't get crazy with it but did a couple loops and barrels rolls before the battery died and dead stocked it in to a perfect landing on the mains, so I was very very happy with it, my new favorite for sure.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:00 AM
Philippines, NCR, Manila
Joined Oct 2007
142 Posts
Just finally got mine! Im planning to replace the rx with an orange r14.
Did anyone use a turnigy nanotech 300mah lipo? The lipo just barely occupied the
canopy..
mikeramos is offline Find More Posts by mikeramos
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:07 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeramos View Post
Just finally got mine! Im planning to replace the rx with an orange r14.
Did anyone use a turnigy nanotech 300mah lipo? The lipo just barely occupied the
canopy..
Yeah I've got a couple of those batteries, I've been very happy with them and ordered a pile more. The CG is quite nice with it full forward. Finally a 2s that works in my 130x, my Sabre, and my 32" EPP foamy! It's so nice being able to take all three to the field and not let my battery sizes determine what I fly next.

Happy flying
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:31 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,850 Posts
I run the same ones.......they are perfect for this model
jcdfrd is online now Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:40 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
I use the nano-tech 260mah ones. They are practically the same size as the stock ones.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged