SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:06 PM
Southern California
Joined Apr 2007
818 Posts
Today's my flying day. Two Sabres, eight lipos, 60 degrees out and clear, little to no wind. I have two gp 250mah lipos and six 300mah nanotechs. First flight went fine. Second flight I was doing a roll and the canopy pops off. I cut power and try to glide it down. Ends up doing a flat spin and right wing is cracked halfway. It's okay, I have two Sabres to fly. I use a rubber band on the canopy to be extra safe. Halfway through the flight I lose orientation and pretty much do a figure nine full throttle into the ground. But to make it extra special I do it onto the road and not the field. Nose is badly damaged and right wing completely torn off. So much for my flying day. Now off to get some foam safe ca and hopefully next flying session will go much better.
mckolit is offline Find More Posts by mckolit
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:41 PM
Chad deQuevedo of Olyphant, PA
United States, PA, Olyphant
Joined Aug 2012
574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckolit View Post
Today's my flying day. Two Sabres, eight lipos, 60 degrees out and clear, little to no wind. I have two gp 250mah lipos and six 300mah nanotechs. First flight went fine. Second flight I was doing a roll and the canopy pops off. I cut power and try to glide it down. Ends up doing a flat spin and right wing is cracked halfway. It's okay, I have two Sabres to fly. I use a rubber band on the canopy to be extra safe. Halfway through the flight I lose orientation and pretty much do a figure nine full throttle into the ground. But to make it extra special I do it onto the road and not the field. Nose is badly damaged and right wing completely torn off. So much for my flying day. Now off to get some foam safe ca and hopefully next flying session will go much better.
I haven't even tried to fly mine yet and I already have foam safe CA. Time Flys Hobbies has a new store in a sport dome (awesome location in Wilkes-Barre, PA) and during their opening fun fly they were selling a lot of these little guys cheap. I saw at least 2 broken wings, so I stocked up on the CA.
Micubano is offline Find More Posts by Micubano
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 08, 2013, 02:25 PM
Southern California
Joined Apr 2007
818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micubano View Post
I haven't even tried to fly mine yet and I already have foam safe CA. Time Flys Hobbies has a new store in a sport dome (awesome location in Wilkes-Barre, PA) and during their opening fun fly they were selling a lot of these little guys cheap. I saw at least 2 broken wings, so I stocked up on the CA.
Yeah, being prepared helps. I've gone to the field without my transmitter, without my wing! for my fun cub. Last week after an unsuccessful hand launch the nose cracked and I just needed one rubber band to hold it on to fly. I was scrounging all over my car and just kept thinking about a bag full of em in my garage. Next time out I'll have some foam safe ca and rubber bands. And maybe my transmitter.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 04:03 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,019 Posts
Anyone have a inlet/nose cone they wanna sell???...The only way to get the nose cone is to order the entire fuselage---And everybody is out of stock on those!!!

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Jan 09, 2013, 08:08 AM
Philippines, NCR, Manila
Joined Oct 2007
139 Posts
Wow Tower hobbies has the plane back to $139! I wonder if this is just because its a version 3 or the sale was over. Glad i got mine for $59..hope it will come next week.
mikeramos is offline Find More Posts by mikeramos
Old Jan 09, 2013, 09:47 PM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Aug 2006
684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplane View Post
Got my sabre and anylink for $59.99. Also ordered the hobbyking micro receiver for it. Does anyone know the configuration for the tactic receiver? Which is aileron,elevator etc. I can see when looking at the receiver( from the nose)that the second one from the left is throttle. Anyone who has installed the hk receiver did you just cut the foam straps and then just silicone in the new receiver? Thanks in advance for your input
Anyone???-Although i wont be flying it anytime soon as we have 2 feet of snow!
fairplane is online now Find More Posts by fairplane
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:34 PM
Philippines, NCR, Manila
Joined Oct 2007
139 Posts
Hi just found this one who just pm'd me the set up...hope this helps
mikeramos is offline Find More Posts by mikeramos
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:05 AM
Joined Aug 2006
684 Posts
Perfect thanks!!! Exactly what I was looking for. I decided I will put in the hk receiver before I fly this bird. I'm also going to get the Eflite mig. Really- for $200 I'll have both planes. I love this hobby!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeramos View Post
Hi just found this one who just pm'd me the set up...hope this helps
Old Jan 12, 2013, 02:02 PM
Joined Aug 2006
684 Posts
So I ended up purchasing the Umx Mig as well! Parkfllyersplastics has a nose protector and wing tip kit for the mig for $4. so I inquired if they were going to produce a kit for the sabre as well. Here is the reply
"Just waiting for somebody to volunteer a fuselage to tool from.
The mig was returned to the owner with no signs that I used it and he got
three sets of parts for his involvement.
If you know somebody let them know.

Sparky"

Since I'm from Canada its not feasible to send him my bird, but maybe someone in his town could lend him theirs-get some sets for free-his username here on Rcgroups is sparks from Fort Worth, TX USA

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=3087
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:00 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,294 Posts
I just got one...with the any-link...hooked it up to my DX6i and remapped it..everything works but the throttle..I have to go into setup/reverse and reverse throttle and the set the throttle back to Normal and the the throttle on the jet works...am I doing something wrong? Please help, this is confusing to me as I am a helicopter guy! Thanks!!!
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:15 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,242 Posts
You have to arm the throttle by going full throttle - wait for the beeps - back to zero throttle. It will now work
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:16 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
I just got one...with the any-link...hooked it up to my DX6i and remapped it..everything works but the throttle..I have to go into setup/reverse and reverse throttle and the set the throttle back to Normal and the the throttle on the jet works...am I doing something wrong? Please help, this is confusing to me as I am a helicopter guy! Thanks!!!
Never Mind....I Read The Instructions And Figured It Out!
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:47 PM
Southern California
Joined Apr 2007
818 Posts
My last crash seems to have loosened the aileron servo control horn somehow. The servo is responding but the ailerons aren't moving at all. I almost talked myself into flying it anyway but good thing I didn't. Flew my second sabre and tested with just rudder and almost no roll authority. Anyone work on the wing before? Can I just cut a hole out to work on the servo?
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:57 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Oct 2006
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckolit View Post
My last crash seems to have loosened the aileron servo control horn somehow. The servo is responding but the ailerons aren't moving at all. I almost talked myself into flying it anyway but good thing I didn't. Flew my second sabre and tested with just rudder and almost no roll authority. Anyone work on the wing before? Can I just cut a hole out to work on the servo?
You may have stripped the servo gears. If so you will have to replace the servo as I doubt there are gear sets available for it.
trroadster is offline Find More Posts by trroadster
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:57 PM
Southern California
Joined Apr 2007
818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trroadster View Post
You may have stripped the servo gears. If so you will have to replace the servo as I doubt there are gear sets available for it.
That's it. I'll officially blame my crash on a stripped servo!